hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

The Real Kamberi

Ended up writing a wee bit about Kamberi's move to Sheff Wed on another thread and thought it might be of some interest to a few and perhaps generate some opinion on how you think he will perform:

Kamberi will be superchuffed he has made it to the promised land of English football and will be trying like a ..........bear to make the transfer permanent.....before looking for something better.

I am undecided on his ability level.

Loan Florian arrived at Hibs with little 1st team experience but somehow fitted that Hibs team like one of his gloves. An absolute Mathie masterstroke.
    Kamberi was fantastic BUT I think a big reason for that was the great midfield behind him where McGinn was always fighting two guys at once and that was giving time and protection to quarterback Allan and ball mover and manipulator McGeough to do their thing. That allowed hard running Kamberi to receive quality balls in space and he put them away. He looked the real deal.

Not one of those players have been the same without tasmanian devil McGinn by their side.

The quality supply dried up to Kamberi and his role changed. It was never the same for Kamberi or Lennon after McGinn left. Kamberi started to look more ordinary and Lennon grew frustrated with him and eventually publicly accused him of not working hard enough and generally bullying him. His confidence naturally dropped off a cliff along with his form and he hasn't been the same player since.

Did okay at Rangers but was never going to be good enough. Back to square one at St Gallen who quickly found he was no better than what they already had. Fired out on loan to the **** show that was Aberdeen after Christmas. Made no real impression there. Back to St Gallen in the summer then fired back out for a season at floundering skint giant Sheffield Wednesday.

Buoyed by getting a move to England and with his Lennon wounds finally healed he will give it his all.
    Can he make it in a less prestigious and lower quality league than our own where Sunderland will be his new Rangers?

I really don't know but i think this move will finally allow us to benchmark his ability accurately and i
    f he fails here his next stop is Motherwell.

A familiar interview from Florian for his new club
    The Rangers fans won't be happy.
    https://www.swfc.co.uk/news/2021/july/florian-kamberi-on-joining-the-owls-for-202122/
    Last edited by CMurdoch; 30-07-2021 at 10:33 PM.

2. Log in to remove the advert

First Team Breakthrough H113EE5's Avatar
    Very good summation of his career.

Quote Originally Posted by H113EE5 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Very good summation of his career.
    Did you like his interview?

I don't have a problem with Kamberi. He's a bit of a dick, but he did an OK job for us. I give his contribution 7 out of 10.

@hibs.net private member
    Just can't wait to see his hilarious step overs hahahahahahaha.

@hibs.net private member cheltenhamhibee's Avatar
    Excellent news, I look forward to giving him constant dogs abuse @ Whaddon Road this season

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    I can't explain why, but I never really rated him. He did well and scored 9 in 14 when he first came on loan, but for some reason, I wasn't convinced.

In all he scored 20 times in 62 which is a decent return, if not fantastic. Eventually, I think I started to actively dislike him and that was compounded by his subsequent behaviour.

I wonder how long it'll be before he kisses the Wednesday badge and points to the ground in a "this is my home" type of gesture.

Quote Originally Posted by CMurdoch View Post
    Ended up writing a wee bit about Kamberi's move to Sheff Wed on another thread and thought it might be of some interest to a few and perhaps generate some opinion on how you think he will perform:

Kamberi will be superchuffed he has made it to the promised land of English football and will be trying like a ..........bear to make the transfer permanent.....before looking for something better.

Loan Florian arrived at Hibs with little 1st team experience but somehow fitted that Hibs team like one of his gloves. An absolute Mathie masterstroke.
    Kamberi was fantastic BUT I think a big reason for that was the great midfield behind him where McGinn was always fighting two guys at once and that was giving time and protection to quarterback Allan and ball mover and manipulator McGeough to do their thing. That allowed hard running Kamberi to receive quality balls in space and he put them away. He looked the real deal.

Not one of those players have been the same without tasmanian devil McGinn by their side.

The quality supply dried up to Kamberi and his role changed. It was never the same for Kamberi or Lennon after McGinn left. Kamberi started to look more ordinary and Lennon grew frustrated with him and eventually publicly accused him of not working hard enough and generally bullying him. His confidence naturally dropped off a cliff along with his form and he hasn't been the same player since.

Did okay at Rangers but was never going to be good enough. Back to square one at St Gallen who quickly found he was no better than what they already had. Fired out on loan to the **** show that was Aberdeen after Christmas. Made no real impression there. Back to St Gallen in the summer then fired back out for a season at floundering skint giant Sheffield Wednesday.

Buoyed by getting a move to England and with his Lennon wounds finally healed he will give it his all.
    Can he make it in a less prestigious and lower quality league than our own where Sunderland will be his new Rangers?

I really don't know but i think this move will finally allow us to benchmark his ability accurately and i

https://www.swfc.co.uk/news/2021/july/florian-kamberi-on-joining-the-owls-for-202122/
    He appeared to me as selfish and egotistical but he did prove on occasions that he had a bit of talent, like most forwards
    he preferred to run onto passes and face the opposition goal, I agree he had his best moments with the guys you mentioned behind him.
    I think he will struggle at Sheffield Wednesday because he is more of an instinctive rather than an intelligent player, as always though I would like to see him do well despite his move to The Rangers.

I think he tried really hard in his loan spell to earn his permanent deal. Once he got ut, after a while he started to believe his own hype and thought he was better than he actually was. He started to think he was Ronaldo with all his stepovers and he seemed to be focusing more on trying to get on the Soccer AM showboat section than trying to help the team win.

His arrogance outweighed his ability.

We all know how it ended up.

Quote Originally Posted by Greencore View Post
    Just can't wait to see his hilarious step overs hahahahahahaha.
    The Poundshop Ronaldo

Quote Originally Posted by Key West View Post
    He appeared to me as selfish and egotistical but he did prove on occasions that he had a bit of talent, like most forwards
    he preferred to run onto passes and face the opposition goal, I agree he had his best moments with the guys you mentioned behind him.
    I think he will struggle at Sheffield Wednesday because he is more of an instinctive rather than an intelligent player, as always though I would like to see him do well despite his move to The Rangers.
    That is a good point i missed.
    Basically running onto perfectly weighted through balls.

"I am not selfish. I always give everything for the team" what a lying little *****hawk

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by CMurdoch View Post

He is a complete football whore - more clubs clubs than Jack Nicklaus.

Blog Entries
    There’s a bit of talent and ability there, but he has certainly earned his ‘figure of fun’ status.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzywuzzy View Post
    "I am not selfish. I always give everything for the team" what a lying little *****hawk
    he knows exactly what he is …and he’s getting his denial in early

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim44 View Post
    There’s a bit of talent and ability there, but he has certainly earned his ‘figure of fun’ status.
    That’s the thing about Kamberi..he has all the tools - but nowhere near the right attitude and application .

A legend ...in his own mind

A decent player for us who, like many before him, made a move to the old firm.

A bit of a daft comment during his move meant that we had constant obsessive threads on here pretending to be his diary etc.

That was about it for me 🤷🏻*♂️ No real opinion either way on him now.

Blog Entries
    I honestly think he had more innate talent than pretty much every striker we've had since Deeks/Gazza/Fletch days with possible exception of Stokesy. In fact there's comparisons to be made with Stokesy in that other factors deflected from their ability. The goals Kamberi scored against Celtc home and away, right foot,left foot were exceptional. I also remember his goal at Killie in 1st minute of game,not so much for the finish,but for the fact he started the move by holding the ball up on the touchline under pressure and then was in the box to finish it.
    I suspect he'll start like a house on fire at SW, by Xmas he'll be upset that Pep hasn't come in for him and the slide to mediocrity will begin again. Will be interesting.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by WeeRussell View Post

A bit of a daft comment during his move meant that we had constant obsessive threads on here pretending to be his diary etc.

That was about it for me * No real opinion either way on him now.
    There was more to it than that - he wasn’t a team
    Player ..played his own game , particularly in his last season .. moody too …it was that that made him much less important for us than his skill set should have

First Team Breakthrough Audio Visual's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by WeeRussell View Post

That was about it for me 🤷🏻*♂️ No real opinion either way on him now.
    That about sums it up for me. Over the piece the good outweighed the bad from Kamberi in a Hibs shirt. I cannot understand the lingering resentment and animosity towards him for that one comment. He's moved on and so should we.

I thought his interview was good and I hope he does well for Wednesday. They are a big club whose fans deserve better.

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Audio Visual View Post
    That about sums it up for me. Over the piece the good outweighed the bad from Kamberi in a Hibs shirt. I cannot understand the lingering resentment and animosity towards him for that one comment. He's moved on and so should we.

I thought his interview was good and I hope he does well for Wednesday. They are a big club whose fans deserve better.
    I agree, though the interview could have been any player signing for any club (apart from the bit where he lists his own attributes).

@hibs.net private member
    The only comparison he has with Ronaldo as they both fall over when the wind changes direction. It used to really annoy me (at the tail end of his time with us) that when a high ball was played towards him, instead of trying to win the ball, he would have a quick look for the defender and then try to back into said defender to win a foul. I don`t think it ever worked

@hibs.net private member NORTHERNHIBBY's Avatar
    A permanent transfer for him would not break the bank. Neither Aberdeen nor Sheffield Wednesday would go for that though.

@hibs.net private member MrSmith's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Please stand up!

@hibs.net private member MagicSwirlingShip's Avatar
    Didn’t suit being played as the sole striker with his back to goal. Can’t jump which is a slight hindrance as a target man. Played his best football beside McLaren.

Had high hopes for them both. Never really happened.

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MagicSwirlingShip View Post
    Didn’t suit being played as the sole striker with his back to goal. Can’t jump which is a slight hindrance as a target man. Played his best football beside McLaren.

I didn’t think McLaren was treated particularly well in his second spell with us and still rate him.

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

Quote Originally Posted by Northernhibee View Post
    I didn’t think McLaren was treated particularly well in his second spell with us and still rate him.
    Did he come back injured and piss Lennon off? Wonder what happened there

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MagicSwirlingShip View Post

When they came back to Hibs on contracts (as opposed to loans) both were injured - Flo (thigh) & McLaren (back). Also they were no longer playing in front of the best midfield that we'd had in years.

Things were never going to be as good.

Quote Originally Posted by Peevemor View Post
    When they came back to Hibs on contracts (as opposed to loans) both were injured - Flo (thigh) & McLaren (back). Also they were no longer playing in front of the best midfield that we'd had in years.

Things were never going to be as good.
    I’m not surely they played much together that second spell. Can’t remember clearly.

Absolutely true about the midfield. That season previous from January onwards were some of my favourite times as a Hibs fan