Different class in that second half.

Quote Originally Posted by EVENTUALLY View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Man of the Match. Great performance.

3 excellent saves!!

@hibs.net private member linlithgowhibbie's Avatar
    Exceptional saves

@hibs.net private member mayo hibee's Avatar
    Was excellent. Couldn't understand the negativity towards him previously and it makes even less sense now.

Coaching Staff
    Played well tonight.

Rocky who?

Coaching Staff
    Excellent keeper, excellent performance tonight.

The supposed ‘doubts’ people were claiming to have about him have not been based on how he’s performed seeing as he’s been excellent from day 1. I think we’ve upgraded - Marciano (and his Missus) may have been a cult hero to many of the fans but Macey doesn’t make me feel anywhere near as nervous when we’re defending corners or has the ball as his feet.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Shrekko View Post
    The supposed ‘doubts’ people were claiming to have about him have not been based on how he’s performed seeing as he’s been excellent from day 1. I think we’ve upgraded - Marciano (and his Missus) may have been a cult hero to many of the fans but Macey doesn’t make me feel anywhere near as nervous when we’re defending corners or has the ball as his feet.
    Some of the supposed ‘doubts’ were in response to stuff like this where we are claiming an upgrade on the excellent and consistent keeper we had.

A long way from being able to claim this.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy74 View Post
    Some of the supposed ‘doubts’ were in response to stuff like this where we are claiming an upgrade on the excellent and consistent keeper we had.

A long way from being able to claim this.
    That’s not really true now Andy is it? People were just simply saying they had doubts - nothing to do with responding to other people’s opinions!

You’re clutching at straws on this and the best you were able to come up with in the past was “but he’s a number 2!”.

Maybe you’ve forgotten Rocky being dropped a couple of times or some of his shaky moments but to now look back on his career as if he never made a mistake is just way off. He was generally good for us but not irreplaceable whatsoever.

Why don’t you just get behind Macey and stop looking to criticise when there’s no reason to currently?

@hibs.net private member
    Some cracking saves in the 2nd half, particularly the one he had to get down too that came through a crowded box, I was one of those 'Doubters' and I definitely needed to see a performance like that from him, great timing with the season about to get going from the big man

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    Yes, if you ignore the mistakes he made, he never made any mistakes.

2 goals against Motherwell, his positioning for the goal against Celtic and he let in a bad one against Stoke in a pre-season friendly too. That’s a number of debatable mistakes in not a lot of games.

Posts like yours really annoy me though to be honest. He had a terrific game tonight and was rightly getting praise, your need to post a sort of ‘told you so’ post was only ever going to provoke response like mine pointing out mistakes that those of us who had doubts felt were mistakes.

He was superb tonight so I sincerely hope he goes on to be an upgrade on Marciano. Way too early to be stating that’s the case already though.

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bingo70 View Post

2 goals against Motherwell, his positioning for the goal against Celtic and he let in a bad one against Stoke in a pre-season friendly too. That’s a number of debatable mistakes in not a lot of games.

Posts like yours really annoy me though to be honest. He had a terrific game tonight and was rightly getting praise, your need to post a sort of ‘told you so’ post was only ever going to provoke response like mine pointing out mistakes that those of us who had doubts felt were mistakes.

He was superb tonight so I sincerely hope he goes on to be an upgrade on Marciano. Way too early to be stating that’s the case already though.
    You and your facts.

That’s not really true now Andy is it? People were just simply saying they had doubts - nothing to do with responding to other people’s opinions!

You’re clutching at straws on this and the best you were able to come up with in the past was “but he’s a number 2!”.

Maybe you’ve forgotten Rocky being dropped a couple of times or some of his shaky moments but to now look back on his career as if he never made a mistake is just way off. He was generally good for us but not irreplaceable whatsoever.

Why don’t you just get behind Macey and stop looking to criticise when there’s no reason to currently?
    He did.

He already said he played well.

It’s your need to be right that’s prompted any negative debate about him tonight.

Coaching Staff

Very happy to get behind Macey - not really my style to be not backing players.

Marciano limited his mistakes is what I'd say, he certainly wasn't mistake free but there were very, very few over his time with us.

Hopefully Macey will do likewise but he's not really played league games for us yet and he has made mistakes. It was only a few games ago he gave away a goal v Stoke and the Motherwell game I'd question too. Played really well tonight so long may that continue.

Professional thread starter Diclonius's Avatar
    Matt Greatcy

He did.

He already said he played well.

It’s your need to be right that’s prompted any negative debate about him tonight.
    Oh behave yourself - it had already been stated by someone else that it was surprising there had been doubts. If people want to react to a personal opinion that I ‘think’ we might have upgraded then that’s up to them on a forum. This debate has been going on before tonight.

Sorry I made you have to be negative about Macey … I’m sure it’s nothing to do with your own desire to be right no?🙄

That so called mistake against Celtic annoys me, it was a quality free kick can’t blame him for his positioning IMO although I know others see it differently. Too early to compare I agree but as pointed out Marciano made mistakes and quite often found myself thinking he should have saved that without it being in the clanger category.

Macey was great tonight and deserves praise. Hopefully he takes this form in to the Rijeka tie and the first few league games.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: calhill19
    He’s class.

Rocky a sub tonight as Feyenoord are losing 1-2

@hibs.net private member BILLYHIBS's Avatar
    Never in doubt

Oh behave yourself - it had already been stated by someone else that it was surprising there had been doubts. If people want to react to a personal opinion that I ‘think’ we might have upgraded then that’s up to them on a forum. This debate has been going on before tonight.

Sorry I made you have to be negative about Macey … I’m sure it’s nothing to do with your own desire to be right no?🙄
    Definitely not.

I certainly never wrote him off before tonight either, I just had some reservations and wasn’t convinced. Performances like tonight and the cup final are certainly going a long way to winning me over.

FWIW I’ll apologise if my wee rant was disproportionate to your comment too. It’s a pet hate of mine on here just now that any sort of ‘negative’ opinion is jumped upon from certain posters, not necessarily you, as if you’ve got some anti Hibs agenda.

I think Macey was excellent tonight and has been so in other games as well. There has been moments that’s given me some cause for concern though. There’s not been any extreme criticism of him, just a small amount of people that have said similar to me I think. That’s why I think a post likely to dredge up his mistakes, or mistakes people think he made, was unnecessary. Just enjoy the fact he played well.

Quote Originally Posted by Diclonius View Post
    Matt Greatcy

Quote Originally Posted by SMAXXA View Post
    That so called mistake against Celtic annoys me, it was a quality free kick can’t blame him for his positioning IMO although I know others see it differently. Too early to compare I agree but as pointed out Marciano made mistakes and quite often found myself thinking he should have saved that without it being in the clanger category.
    Nothing wrong with his positioning for the Celtic goal.

Quote Originally Posted by hibsbollah View Post
    Nothing wrong with his positioning for the Celtic goal.
    I think David Turnbull said after it he was surprised at how much of the goal Macey showed him.

Quote Originally Posted by SMAXXA View Post
    Have to agree with you regarding the Celtic goal. Totally blameless in my book.

Definitely not.

I certainly never wrote him off before tonight either, I just had some reservations and wasn’t convinced. Performances like tonight and the cup final are certainly going a long way to winning me over.

FWIW I’ll apologise if my wee rant was disproportionate to your comment too. It’s a pet hate of mine on here just now that any sort of ‘negative’ opinion is jumped upon from certain posters, not necessarily you, as if you’ve got some anti Hibs agenda.

I think Macey was excellent tonight and has been so in other games as well. There has been moments that’s given me some cause for concern though. There’s not been any extreme criticism of him, just a small amount of people that have said similar to me I think. That’s why I think a post likely to dredge up his mistakes, or mistakes people think he made, was unnecessary. Just enjoy the fact he played well.
    I just want the boy to get a fair crack of the whip mate - certainly not an attempt to point score or whatever. I'm glad you've said your reaction was disproportionate as it was a just a genuine opinion about how he'd performed previously.

I 100 percent disagree re the Celtic goal and even the Motherwell game but it's a fair enough debate and I certainly don't think its an anti Hibs agenda by those who aren't sure... but that's the sort of thing you can argue about on a forum. I've said before that I normally agree with the vast majority of Andy74's posts on other things for instance and he's anything but anti Hibs from what I can see so it's not a personal thing either.

I did enjoy the fact he played well- I also know we won't know if he's a good replacement for a while yet... just think the signs are very good.