hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    We’re live at last!!!

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by JXM73 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Celtic.net this isnt, who cares hope he fails miserably..
    I hate Celtic and hope he fails too. But why does it bother you that there’s a thread (clearly labelled as NHC) just like there are several other general football threads on the board.

If you really don’t care that much, then why open it and write a post to tell us how much you don’t care 🤷🏻*♂️

You’re allowed to dislike Celtic and still discuss the start their manager has made, particularly as we will be competing in the same league in a few days.

A wee period of adversity might give the younger generation of Celtic fans a bit of perspective.

I genuinely had one guy tell me he was a die hard because he kept his ST during the 'Tony Mowbray era'. Mowbray was their manager for 9 months....

We are just back to how it used to be prior to 2012. Rather than one team completely dominating they take it in turns for a few years each. One teams lords it over the other whilst the other lot sack a couple of managers, the tide turns and the fans flip positions.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

@hibs.net private member
    Respect - no danger. Both sides of the Bigot Brothers can go forth and multiply as far as I`m concerned.

No idea where the Celtc love-in comes from

Quote Originally Posted by theonlywayisup View Post
    I have to admit that I know very little about Ange Postecoglou, the Celtic manager, but he's gained my respect already.

In life, you always find those who are quick to blame everyone else for their failings. I'm sure you've come across many of those in your lifetime. Then you get those who take responsibility for the situation, even if that situation has been caused by others.

After yesterday's match, Ange Postecoglou stated that he has not "done a good enough job of convincing" the club's hierarchy of the need for squad reinforcements after their Champions League exit. He also said that having an inexperienced side was not ideal, but "I still think it's my responsibility," he said after his second game in charge. He also said "I'm the person that's been put in charge and if we haven't got players in obviously I haven't done a good enough job of convincing people we need to bring people in. I don't say that because I'm some kind of martyr, I just think that's my responsibility."

He then repeated the message a few more times. "I've been trying to be as forceful as I can about what we need to bring in and the challenges we've had are well chronicled. Again maybe I wasn't clear enough - I don't know. I think I've been pretty consistent in saying that. We need more players in. The club's working hard to get those players in. Our supporters just want to see us bring the reinforcements in we need and I just need to keep reinforcing my views on it as strongly as I possibly can."

I like his style, taking responsibility, whilst everyone can see that it's the Board's fault.
    Reads to me that he's blaming the Board for not backing him.

Which suits me, because that's one arse cheek that will struggle this year. Just a pity the other arse cheek will be the one to benefit.
    Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.

@hibs.net private member Pagan Hibernia's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Irish_Steve View Post
    Respect - no danger. Both sides of the Bigot Brothers can go forth and multiply as far as I`m concerned.

celtic owe us a debt that can never be repaid. The c***s

@hibs.net private member
    I have no sympathy for Celtic managers.

But I wouldn’t be too quick with all this ‘Rangers will walk the league’ talk. Yes they’re definitely favourites, but I don’t think anyone seriously thought Celtic wouldn’t win the league last season and they collapsed.

It’ll be closer I think.

Similar to what another posted has added above, It’s just a thread on Ange Postecoglou, nothing more. In no post has there been a “love-in” for the club he manages.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    A wee period of adversity might give the younger generation of Celtic fans a bit of perspective.

I genuinely had one guy tell me he was a die hard because he kept his ST during the 'Tony Mowbray era'. Mowbray was their manager for 9 months....

We are just back to how it used to be prior to 2012. Rather than one team completely dominating they take it in turns for a few years each. One teams lords it over the other whilst the other lot sack a couple of managers, the tide turns and the fans flip positions.

Yes, maybe, but as you know the problem is that either club enjoys a spell of dominance and they forget everything that went before and assume they will be dominant forever.

I actually think this new guy is a good fit for Celtc… but will they give him the time and money to fix things?

Quote Originally Posted by Steve20 View Post

But I wouldn’t be too quick with all this ‘Rangers will walk the league’ talk. Yes they’re definitely favourites, but I don’t think anyone seriously thought Celtic wouldn’t win the league last season and they collapsed.

It’ll be closer I think.
    My Celtic-supporting mate said to me last night that it wouldn't surprise him if the board at Celtic were prioritising the league this season so they were maybe a bit cooler than normal at being knocked out of Europe.

Winning the league next season gets you straight into the group stages of the Champions league, then you've got the usual tedious bun fight rubbish with the huns.

Sounded like pish excuses to me, but I've heard of stranger things.

They need players in though, and they need them quick. The 3 points they're playing for at the weekend are worth as many as the points they're playing for at the end of the season.

They're definitely at "the end of a cycle" though and need to do some serious rebuilding.

Celtic have had it easy for the last 9 years.

They have a generation of fans not knowing what defeat is. Welcome to the real world.

I’ve no idea where it is? Do you know hibs fans that love Celtic?

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar

It’ll be closer I think.

Quote Originally Posted by theonlywayisup View Post
    I have to admit that I know very little about Ange Postecoglou, the Celtic manager, but he's gained my respect already.

In life, you always find those who are quick to blame everyone else for their failings. I'm sure you've come across many of those in your lifetime. Then you get those who take responsibility for the situation, even if that situation has been caused by others.

After yesterday's match, Ange Postecoglou stated that he has not "done a good enough job of convincing" the club's hierarchy of the need for squad reinforcements after their Champions League exit. He also said that having an inexperienced side was not ideal, but "I still think it's my responsibility," he said after his second game in charge. He also said "I'm the person that's been put in charge and if we haven't got players in obviously I haven't done a good enough job of convincing people we need to bring people in. I don't say that because I'm some kind of martyr, I just think that's my responsibility."

He then repeated the message a few more times. "I've been trying to be as forceful as I can about what we need to bring in and the challenges we've had are well chronicled. Again maybe I wasn't clear enough - I don't know. I think I've been pretty consistent in saying that. We need more players in. The club's working hard to get those players in. Our supporters just want to see us bring the reinforcements in we need and I just need to keep reinforcing my views on it as strongly as I possibly can."

I like his style, taking responsibility, whilst everyone can see that it's the Board's fault.

I agree with this

I saw part of the BBC interview and thought he's not allowing the BBC to over hype the poor result and then he did not allow them to drag him into a blame game

He said something like no ones to blame but I am responsible

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by HendoDelivered View Post
    Rangers are walking the league again this season
    Sadly, yes.

Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicho87 View Post
    Celtic have had it easy for the last 9 years.

They have a generation of fans not knowing what defeat is. Welcome to the real world.
    Wasn't really their fans fault.

Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk

Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar

It’ll be closer I think.
    To be fair it can be significantly closer and Rangers could still walk it. They won it by 25 points, you could half the difference and it would still be a walk in the park.

I do think it will be closer but more because I don’t think Rangers can be quite as good again. Not because I see Celtic improving. They look worse than ever and I can see this new guy being a total dud.

I can see Celtic getting off to a very slow start then recovering to finish second.

But I’ll stop short of feeling sorry for their ‘it’s my responsibility but not my fault’ manager. He’s getting paid handsomely and whatever the outcome, he’ll walk away from this a millionaire.

They are not Hibs so I couldn’t really give a rats ass about them or their entitled fans.

Quote Originally Posted by hibbydog View Post
    I can see Celtic getting off to a very slow start then recovering to finish second.

But I’ll stop short of feeling sorry for their ‘it’s my responsibility but not my fault’ manager. He’s getting paid handsomely and whatever the outcome, he’ll walk away from this a millionaire.

They are not Hibs so I couldn’t really give a rats ass about them or their entitled fans.
    They'll still finished 2nd by a distance. Us and Aberdeen will drop too many points over the season to realistically challenge them.

No respect for anything celticy. Cheers

@hibs.net private member Viva_Palmeiras's Avatar
    Is it just me or does anyone pronouncing his name sound like they’re not too sure they got it right? No two people sound like they pronounce it the same way.
    "We know the people who have invested so far are simple fans." Vladimir Romanov - Scotsman 10th December 2012
    "Romanov was like a breath of fresh air - laced with cyanide." Me.