hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Ange Postecoglou - Respect

I have to admit that I know very little about Ange Postecoglou, the Celtic manager, but he's gained my respect already.

In life, you always find those who are quick to blame everyone else for their failings. I'm sure you've come across many of those in your lifetime. Then you get those who take responsibility for the situation, even if that situation has been caused by others.

After yesterday's match, Ange Postecoglou stated that he has not "done a good enough job of convincing" the club's hierarchy of the need for squad reinforcements after their Champions League exit. He also said that having an inexperienced side was not ideal, but "I still think it's my responsibility," he said after his second game in charge. He also said "I'm the person that's been put in charge and if we haven't got players in obviously I haven't done a good enough job of convincing people we need to bring people in. I don't say that because I'm some kind of martyr, I just think that's my responsibility."

He then repeated the message a few more times. "I've been trying to be as forceful as I can about what we need to bring in and the challenges we've had are well chronicled. Again maybe I wasn't clear enough - I don't know. I think I've been pretty consistent in saying that. We need more players in. The club's working hard to get those players in. Our supporters just want to see us bring the reinforcements in we need and I just need to keep reinforcing my views on it as strongly as I possibly can."

I like his style, taking responsibility, whilst everyone can see that it's the Board's fault.

Hope he crashes and burns like every other Rantic manager

@hibs.net private member
    Rangers are walking the league again this season

Quote Originally Posted by HendoDelivered View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'd be surprised if it's not won by the end of March.

@hibs.net private member Ringothedog's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir David Gray View Post
    I am going for October

Quote Originally Posted by Ringothedog View Post
    I am going for October
    Hearts in September Rangers in October

@hibs.net private member Hibs Class's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir David Gray View Post
    More than likely, unless they go bust again before then. To that end we have to hope they also fail to qualify for CL
    ​#PERSEVERED

@hibs.net private member CyberSauzee's Avatar
    I still live in hope we can do a Leicester

Left by mutual consent!
    Sadly, yes.

Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk

Always a pleasure watching Rangers and Celtic suffer.

@hibs.net private member Pagan Hibernia's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Magpie View Post
    Always a pleasure watching Rangers and Celtic suffer.
    usually a zero sum game sadly. One suffering means happiness and prosperity for the other

@hibs.net private member KeithTheHibby's Avatar
    Feel a bit of a shame for the guy. Like a lamb to the slaughter whilst the faceless board hide behind him.

A disgrace (but also funny) that they never got Eddie Howe which is the main reason they are in this mess.

Reminds me a bit of when Scotland failed over a period of months to get Michael O'Neill in as manager then we ended up with second choice McLeish. Never ends well.

Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar
    I’m not so sure about all the ‘responsibility’ he’s taking.

Very much seems like he’s suggesting “i’ll take the blame but btw it’s the boards fault for not backing me so I’m not really taking the blame.”

Anyone who’d done a bit of research would have known about Celtics biscuit tin mentality.

Suck it up Angie boy, it’s your mess now.

I did like him pulling up the BBC chimp for his over the top language to describe their exit.

I cannot believe how badly they have crashed, it's splendid viewing, when Brenda was riding high they should have been planning his top replacement then, I mean, not willing to buy McGinn is one of Scottish Footballs biggest cock ups! If they bought McGinn for the £1.75m, Branda would have turned him into a £30M profit pulling them further ahead of SevCo.

Quote Originally Posted by I'm Spartacus View Post
    I did like him pulling up the BBC chimp for his over the top language to describe their exit.

I cannot believe how badly they have crashed, it's splendid viewing, when Brenda was riding high they should have been planning his top replacement then, I mean, not willing to buy McGinn is one of Scottish Footballs biggest cock ups! If they bought McGinn for the £1.75m, Branda would have turned him into a £30M profit pulling them further ahead of SevCo.
    I have to say, I quite like the guy.

He's got a VERY tough job on his hands, they need to make some serious transfer moves, and soon. They were nowhere near the level they expect to be at last night and Hearts are typically jammy bar stewards to be getting them when they are.

I've grown to detest large swathes of the Scottish fitba media (meaning you hold even greater respect for the few who actually earn it) and it was great to see him giving short shrift to some ridiculous questioning without being an arse about it. It wasn't something Strachan, Rodgers, any of the others could do so long may it continue.

It's weird - I only wish failure on his club, but I've taken to this guy and find it hard to want to see him fail personally.

Quote Originally Posted by calumhibee1 View Post

Very much seems like he’s suggesting “i’ll take the blame but btw it’s the boards fault for not backing me so I’m not really taking the blame.”

Anyone who’d done a bit of research would have known about Celtics biscuit tin mentality.

Living in a world of make believe
    Well, maybe

I think that’s essentially what the OP is saying 👍

@hibs.net private member WhileTheChief..'s Avatar

Yup, that was my take on it.

The guy hasn’t got a clue. Came for the money knowing he’ll get a chunky pay off sooner rather than later then back to his life in the sun.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by WhileTheChief.. View Post
    Yup, that was my take on it.

The guy hasn’t got a clue. Came for the money knowing he’ll get a chunky pay off sooner rather than later then back to his life in the sun.
    How do you conclude so far that he hasn’t got a clue?

This isn’t his mess and there’s no way he could have addressed their issues in the few weeks he’s been there.

@hibs.net private member WhileTheChief..'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy74 View Post
    How do you conclude so far that he hasn’t got a clue?

This isn’t his mess and there’s no way he could have addressed their issues in the few weeks he’s been there.
    I’ve listened to a lot of his interviews and just don’t think he knows what he’s talking about.

I picture the players staring at the floor when he’s speaking. I don’t see him commanding any kind of respect whatsoever from them.

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by WhileTheChief.. View Post
    I’ve listened to a lot of his interviews and just don’t think he knows what he’s talking about.

I picture the players staring at the floor when he’s speaking. I don’t see him commanding any kind of respect whatsoever from them.

He’s got a decent cv. A better one than Eddie Howe imo. I think he’s a better fit for that job but just have to see how it turns out.

Left by mutual consent!
    Celtic.net this isnt, who cares hope he fails miserably..

Hajhahahahaha, I forgot they were playing last nite, I reckon hertz will beat them as well. Why couldn't we have sellik in the first game hahaha

Quote Originally Posted by JXM73 View Post
    Celtic.net this isnt, who cares hope he fails miserably..
    I hate Celtic and hope he fails too. But why does it bother you that there’s a thread (clearly labelled as NHC) just like there are several other general football threads on the board.

If you really don’t care that much, then why open it and write a post to tell us how much you don’t care 🤷🏻*♂️

You’re allowed to dislike Celtic and still discuss the start their manager has made, particularly as we will be competing in the same league in a few days.

@hibs.net private member
    Strewth........

@hibs.net private member LancsHibs's Avatar
    No real respect due from me, sorry. Knows his team are poor, isn’t even guaranteed of second place. His comments were made solely to try and get the biscuit tin opened so he can buy his way to second place.
    Will be gone by January and back to Ozzy fitba which is probably his level.

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Usually only winner when you call out the board, and it’s not the manager

I dont believe what I see on here sometimes, talk about Sympathy for the Devil.
    **** Smellic and everything to do with them.
    I will just keep rolling along and try and speak about the Hibs.

i only saw ET last night but it struck me how out of their depth the celtic team was. A goal behind and they couldn't get a touch of the ball. No urgency or desire to retrieve the ball and get up the park. Maybe just inexperience but i couldnt believe how poor they were

Look at the starting line up from last night, and they've got a challenge to hold on to 2nd

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    Usually only winner when you call out the board, and it’s not the manager

In context, Celtc took months to find a new manager and desperately need this to work. Right now the guy can say what he likes… especially as he’s right.

Celtc have loads of money and their current failures are all self-inflicted.