hibs.net Messageboard

Replacement Season Ticket

Just read that it’s £5 to get your season ticket replaced if you’ve lost it since the last time it’s been used

I appear to have lost/misplaced both mine, not too surprising given they haven’t been used for over a year . surely I can’t be the only one that thinks Hibs charging us £5 each for a replacement this season is nothing short of scandalous?

Paid £750 for season tickets last season and never seen a game, then paid again this season knowing the likely hood is ill miss some with the restrictions & the club are wanting more money off me to replace my ticket I get it’s only £10 but still … who makes these decisions ? Who signed that off as a good way to treat fans ?

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dp00 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Just read that it’s £5 to get your season ticket replaced if you’ve lost it since the last time it’s been used

I appear to have lost/misplaced both mine, not too surprising given they haven’t been used for over a year . surely I can’t be the only one that thinks Hibs charging us £5 each for a replacement this season is nothing short of scandalous?

Paid £750 for season tickets last season and never seen a game, then paid again this season knowing the likely hood is ill miss some with the restrictions & the club are wanting more money off me to replace my ticket I get it’s only £10 but still … who makes these decisions ? Who signed that off as a good way to treat fans ?
    https://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/articl...e-new-campaign

Is this saying if you have a digital card saying 2020/21 you will continue to use it
    I’m in same seat, same price

Coaching Staff

Think it is quite reasonable really.

We can’t just keep linking everything back to missing games last year.

There has to be some covering of the costs and incentive for people to find or not lose these.

@hibs.net private member Hibernian Verse's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy74 View Post
    Think it is quite reasonable really.

We can’t just keep linking everything back to missing games last year.

There has to be some covering of the costs and incentive for people to find or not lose these.
    It's reasonable until you realise that if someone has moved seat it's free for them. They should be offering replacement cards for free this season IMO.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibernian Verse View Post
    It's reasonable until you realise that if someone has moved seat it's free for them. They should be offering replacement cards for free this season IMO.
    No I think when moving seats it is reasonable for Hibs to cover that. If you just lose it then not so much. They are also available digitally.

@hibs.net private member GordonHFC's Avatar

Take a photo of your bar code when you get your replacement card and you can use that at the turnstile. Back up in case you lose your card again.

No I think when moving seats it is reasonable for Hibs to cover that. If you just lose it then not so much. They are also available digitally.
    Good shout on the digital version, I'll put it on my phone.

If someone has moved seat you get a freebie but if you keep the same seat you don't. We can agree to disagree on that. It's just a fiver but it's the principle of looking after your customers.

Coaching Staff

If someone has moved seat you get a freebie but if you keep the same seat you don't. We can agree to disagree on that. It's just a fiver but it's the principle of looking after your customers.
    Getting a card when you move seat is because you have to initially be issued a card for that seat. Not the same as losing one that was issued to you.

Are they sending out digital cards again, net someone the other day who can’t remember getting one

Getting a card when you move seat is because you have to initially be issued a card for that seat. Not the same as losing one that was issued to you.
    I didn't realise they were different situations, thank you for clarifying.

Just had an email from Mel @ TO saying that replacement cards will be sent out in the next few weeks FOC (as they should be). Just get in touch with them.

On queue, a quick review of Season ticket prices around Scotland

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/57666360

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    On queue, a quick review of Season ticket prices around Scotland

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/57666360
    Had forgotten we get 10% off at the kiosks.

@hibs.net private member jeffers's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    Are they sending out digital cards again, net someone the other day who can’t remember getting one
    I certainly can’t find one for last season, but as we never used them I just assumed they hadn’t actually been sent out. I’m hoping/expecting one will be sent for this season even though I kept the same seat.

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffers View Post
    I certainly can’t find one for last season, but as we never used them I just assumed they hadn’t actually been sent out. I’m hoping/expecting one will be sent for this season even though I kept the same seat.
    They were sent out last season.

I'm the same. I didn't think any were sent out last season. As you say, we never used them. I'd just assumed the club were holding off until we needed them and as we never got in at all, they were never sent.

I did receive cards for last year, but we had moved seat.

Not sure you would have got a new card last season if you hadn’t!!?

Quote Originally Posted by Dibben View Post
    I did receive cards for last year, but we had moved seat.

Not sure you would have got a new card last season if you hadn’t!!?
    Everyone got a new card last season regardless of moving seat or not, change from barcode to Q code was the reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Hibee View Post
    Everyone got a new card last season regardless of moving seat or not, change from barcode to Q code was the reason.
    👍🏻

@hibs.net private member jeffers's Avatar
    Sorry I meant the digital ones, though saying that I don’t remember getting a physical one for last season either. I thought it was the previous season when the new scanners went in.

Sorry I meant the digital ones, though saying that I don’t remember getting a physical one for last season either. I thought it was the previous season when the new scanners went in.
    It was the season before, we never used a season ticket last year and I certainly used the new one so had to be two years ago. Club could easily have given a first replacement free then charged every one thereafter.

Definitely the season before, if you stayed in your same seat and price class as 19/20 then you didn't get a new card issued last season.

https://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/articl...on-card-update

@hibs.net private member
    Just move seat and save yourself a fiver

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by hibbysam View Post
    It was the season before, we never used a season ticket last year and I certainly used the new one so had to be two years ago. Club could easily have given a first replacement free then charged every one thereafter.
    I remember it was discussed at Working Together a few years ago. It was amazing how many replacement cards were handed out over the course of the season. It causes extra work to sort out and post new ones out. The general feeling was that people would look a lot harder if they had to pay
    On matchdays there were a ridiculous amount of fans who forgot their tickets. That caused queuing problems at the ticket office. A charge was discussed for that too.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir David Gray View Post
    Definitely the season before, if you stayed in your same seat and price class as 19/20 then you didn't get a new card issued last season.

https://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/articl...on-card-update
    Yes I stand corrected, lost track of the seasons it seems.

Yes I stand corrected, lost track of the seasons it seems.
    Easily done!

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    I moved my seat and was told in an email I'll be getting a new ST card in the next few weeks.
    Hibs.nets negative posting legend and unofficial ticket agent.