hibs.net Messageboard

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Motherwell Game

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    My son and his mate have got a ticket each and looking to get there. Are there any buses from Livi or stop at Livi for this game?
    Last edited by JimBHibees; 26-07-2021 at 06:43 PM.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibee_easty
    Got mines

2 tickets purchased. Easy this time! 😁

@hibs.net private member O'Rourke3's Avatar
    Mine purchased and an over 60 discount...

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member Bishop Hibee's Avatar
    Two tickets bought for the Upper. Can’t wait!
    "Washing one's hands of the conflict between the powerful and the powerless means to side with the powerful, not to be neutral.' - Paulo Freire

@hibs.net private member Ringothedog's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveHFC View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Let us know if you get a reply
    Will do

@hibs.net private member Allant1981's Avatar
    Got one for the south lower, happy days

Any recommendations for parking at Fir Park?? 😁👍🏻 Presumably ample street parking??

Any one help going through on Sunday by car two youngsters in group where is the best place to park cheers in advance ggtth

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Garymcl View Post
    Any one help going through on Sunday by car two youngsters in group where is the best place to park cheers in advance ggtth
    There’s an industrial estate less than a mile or so away from the stadium, most Hibs fans park in that area

No option to collect from the ticket office. I don't trust the post office to deliver them quickly, even with it being 1st class but if the ticket office are posting them out tomorrow, assuming they've got them all from Motherwell, then I suppose it should be okay. Not too confident if they're posted later in the week.

@hibs.net private member Allant1981's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 007 View Post
    No option to collect from the ticket office. I don't trust the post office to deliver them quickly, even with it being 1st class but if the ticket office are posting them out tomorrow, assuming they've got them all from Motherwell, then I suppose it should be okay. Not too confident if they're posted later in the week.
    Thought they could be collected at the ticket office on thursday and friday?

Quote Originally Posted by Lovethehibs View Post
    Didn't come up with a collect option for me. Maybe they'll change it on Thursday for anyone buying them then.

Quote Originally Posted by Lovethehibs View Post
    I saw this thread and went and bought some so hadn't looked at the main website. Have done now and it says:

"The tickets will be on sale ONLINE ONLY from 5pm on Monday 26 July with first class post as the only option to receive tickets.

After the postal option ends on Wednesday at 3pm, tickets can be purchased for collection only and MUST be collected from the Ticket Office Thursday/Friday between 10am and 2pm."

@hibs.net private member
    Really hope we get behind the team and create a bit of an atmosphere at this one.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir David Gray View Post
    It's down in front of the away stand near the corner flag, the view of the game from the wheelchair section at Fir Park is almost non-existent unless the game's being played on one side of the pitch up at the away end.

I have absolutely no problem paying a decent amount if the facilities are there as I don't think I should be getting in for nothing just because I'm in a wheelchair but I can't see most of the match at Fir Park and for me £17 is ridiculous even if it does include a second person going with me.

Being shoved at the front of the stand with next to no view of the game and separated from the rest of the support should have been something which was consigned to the history books years ago - it's not good enough in 2021.

For me Motherwell should be charging no more than £10 and I think I'm being generous saying that!
    That is massively unacceptable. Everyone else can with a bit of effort find a good view at all but the biggest games.
    But to have a default **** view at Motherwell because of your disability is wrong and needs to be put right.

Obviously after improving your view i would make you pay the full adult ticket price .

@hibs.net private member O'Rourke3's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Garymcl View Post
    Google Glassford St. Where the tower blocks are. Big car park there short walk to the south stand.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Got two tickets for the upper tier just after they went on sale. Again, very smooth process to get them.

Quote Originally Posted by CMurdoch View Post
    That is massively unacceptable. Everyone else can with a bit of effort find a good view at all but the biggest games.
    But to have a default **** view at Motherwell because of your disability is wrong and needs to be put right.

Obviously after improving your view i would make you pay the full adult ticket price .
    I'd have absolutely no problem at all with paying full price if I had a good view.

I don't think that's asking for too much in this day and age.

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    I'd have absolutely no problem at all with paying full price if I had a good view.

I don't think that's asking for too much in this day and age.
    Motherwell strike me as a really decent club these days.

Have you tried tweeting them or have you heard from any Motherwell fans that are in wheelchairs with similar complaints?

I’d be surprised if it wasn’t on their radar to sort out the issues you’ve raised.

Sounds absolutely shocking though that you’re treated like that.

Quote Originally Posted by bingo70 View Post

Have you tried tweeting them or have you heard from any Motherwell fans that are in wheelchairs with similar complaints?

I’d be surprised if it wasn’t on their radar to sort out the issues you’ve raised.

I wrote to them a few years ago and got no reply.

To be honest I don't really know what they can actually do to Fir Park that will allow them to change the layout of that stand. I think a demolition job would be required.

Quote Originally Posted by bingo70 View Post

As you can see in the link below Motherwell have tried to improve facilities for disabled supporters
    http://scottishdsa.co.uk/fir-park-ac...-improvements/
    but as SDG says they would almost have to knock the stand down and start again to get it properly sorted.

To be honest I don't really know what they can actually do to Fir Park that will allow them to change the layout of that stand. I think a demolition job would be required.
    No disrespect to Motherwell but its a stadium that could actually do with a complete rebuild. Their chairman Jim McMahon is seriously loaded is he not?

It's down in front of the away stand near the corner flag, the view of the game from the wheelchair section at Fir Park is almost non-existent unless the game's being played on one side of the pitch up at the away end.

I have absolutely no problem paying a decent amount if the facilities are there as I don't think I should be getting in for nothing just because I'm in a wheelchair but I can't see most of the match at Fir Park and for me £17 is ridiculous even if it does include a second person going with me.

Being shoved at the front of the stand with next to no view of the game and separated from the rest of the support should have been something which was consigned to the history books years ago - it's not good enough in 2021.

For me Motherwell should be charging no more than £10 and I think I'm being generous saying that!
    Makes sense, thought it might be that wee shelter. Apologies if it came across aggressive.

Quote Originally Posted by hibbysam View Post
    Makes sense, thought it might be that wee shelter. Apologies if it came across aggressive.
    No problem I didn't find you aggressive at all, I just wanted to explain that I wasn't just complaining for the sake of it! If you've never experienced the wheelchair section at Fir Park then naturally you might not realise just how bad it actually is.

I remember you posted about this issue over a decade ago when you posted as Falkirk Hibee.
    A decade on and no real change.

Quote Originally Posted by CMurdoch View Post
    I remember you posted about this issue over a decade ago when you posted as Falkirk Hibee.
    A decade on and no real change.
    Sad but true.

Sad but true.
    Are you on Twitter? Possibly worth messaging Alan Burrows on there if so. Not sure if he’d have been around when you wrote to them but he’s certainly at the forefront of the fan experience that they are putting on. I’d imagine if the experience is bad for away fans it won’t be much better for home fans considering the layout of the stadium?

First Team Regular OstKurve Hibs's Avatar
    3 tickets bought for us in the south lower, seat numbers are 8,10 and 12. I take it that's for the social distancing ?

Quote Originally Posted by OstKurve Hibs View Post
    3 tickets bought for us in the south lower, seat numbers are 8,10 and 12. I take it that's for the social distancing ?
    Yep.

As per social distancing all tickets have one seat between them. However, on the day for families they can gravitate to sit beside each other as long as there is still space between them and another party.

https://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/articl...ll-v-hibernian