hibs.net Messageboard

 

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 150 of 226

Thread: Tokyo Olympics

  1. #121
    Rai Benjamin bursts the old 400m Hurdles World Record by a mile and till only gets silver. Karsten Warholm is an absolute machine

    That performance was right up there with Boltís 9.58 and David Rudishaís 800m in London. Incredible.

    I thought both 400mh records would go this games, one down one to go. Thereís every chance either McLaughlin or Mohammad will break the womenís version tomorrow too.


  2. Log in to remove the advert

  3. #122
    First Team Regular David_D's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Easter Road:Edinburgh
    Age
    37
    Posts
    934
    British boxing has been flying at these games. 6 medals guaranteed I think they just said.

  4. #123
    @hibs.net private member Mon Dieu4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Leith
    Age
    42
    Posts
    6,593
    Guaranteed 6 medals in Boxing now which is a record haul, Eddie Hearn will be seeing the pound signs as we speak

  5. #124
    Brilliant run from Hodgkinson there. A well deserved silver and at only 19 she could be anything.

    I think Reekie would like that one back, maybe showed her hand a wee bit early and tied up in the last 50-60m.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

  6. #125
    ADMIN marinello59's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    I still live in hope.
    Posts
    34,392
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Brilliant run from Hodgkinson there. A well deserved silver and at only 19 she could be anything.

    I think Reekie would like that one back, maybe showed her hand a wee bit early and tied up in the last 50-60m.
    Reekie ran a PB, I donít think she could have done much more. Rogerís run in for the Bronze was pretty impressive.
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

  7. #126
    Quote Originally Posted by marinello59 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Reekie ran a PB, I don’t think she could have done much more. Roger’s run in for the Bronze was pretty impressive.
    It was still a fantastic run and it's impossible to say if sitting for another few metres would have made any difference.

    I think Paula Radcliffe said in her analysis she might have sat a bit longer but it's easy for us, amateur and former marathon world record holder alike, to criticise in hindsight.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

  8. #127
    Private Members Prediction League Winner Hibrandenburg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Gross Kienitz
    Posts
    14,900
    I see Laurel Hubbard has exited the Olympics without winning a medal, such a shame as she'd worked her bollocks off to get there.

  9. #128
    Coaching Staff hibsbollah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Age
    51
    Posts
    28,321
    Iím just watching the 5000m. Itís incredible what these athletes can do. I was really pleased with my park run time of 19 minutes in the 5k, I was relatively fit at the time (5 years ago sadly) ran five times a week and I pushed it really hard.

    These guys? Just qualified for the final in 13:38

  10. #129
    Quote Originally Posted by hibsbollah View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Iím just watching the 5000m. Itís incredible what these athletes can do. I was really pleased with my park run time of 19 minutes in the 5k, I was relatively fit at the time (5 years ago sadly) ran five times a week and I pushed it really hard.

    These guys? Just qualified for the final in 13:38
    It's mental.

    I was doing KM repeats on the track tonight, albeit as part of marathon training, and was averaging about 3.40/km. That's with a 90sec rest between reps and I was burst after 6. They are banging out sub 3 minute KMs and aren't even fully revved up at this point.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

  11. #130
    @hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    edinburgh
    Posts
    18,893

    Post

    I’m watching the hockey and there seems to be a foul every couple of seconds, they could do with letting it flow a lot more.

    United we stand here....

  12. #131
    Quote Originally Posted by Barney McGrew View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I thought both 400mh records would go this games, one down one to go. There’s every chance either McLaughlin or Mohammad will break the women’s version tomorrow too.
    What a repeat in the women’s , Sydney McLaughlin smashes the old mark and Dalilah Muhammed gets a silver despite also beating the old record.

    That track is SO fast!

  13. #132
    @hibs.net private member Ryan91's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Age
    30
    Posts
    2,607
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: CopyableOak1875
    First Gold medal in the velodrome came earlier today, with Matt Walls absolutely bossing the Men's Omnium.

    Jason Kenny is out of the Men's sprint at the QF stage, Jack Carlin through to the Semi-finals there.

    Well deserved Bronze for Bradshaw in the Pole Vault as well, nearly on the podium in 2012 and 2016.

  14. #133
    @hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    edinburgh
    Posts
    18,893
    Itís a tremendous test of endurance but whoever came up with the idea for a 50k walk was having a laugh. Itís not walking and itís not running, itís just weird.

    United we stand here....

  15. #134
    @hibs.net private member Mon Dieu4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Leith
    Age
    42
    Posts
    6,593
    Quote Originally Posted by lord bunberry View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Itís a tremendous test of endurance but whoever came up with the idea for a 50k walk was having a laugh. Itís not walking and itís not running, itís just weird.
    The Harold Bishop power walk invitational

  16. #135
    @hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    edinburgh
    Posts
    18,893
    Quote Originally Posted by Mon Dieu4 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The Harold Bishop power walk invitational

    I once saw a guy training for it in holyrood park, it looks so unnatural.

    United we stand here....

  17. #136
    @hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    edinburgh
    Posts
    18,893
    It looks like theyíre dying on a dump.

    United we stand here....

  18. #137
    @hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    edinburgh
    Posts
    18,893
    The karate is the worst thing Iíve ever seen at the olympics. What a load of pish.

    United we stand here....

  19. #138
    @hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    edinburgh
    Posts
    18,893
    This isnít the karate that I remember. When I did it down at leith community centre me and my mate tried to kick each other in the face.

    United we stand here....

  20. #139
    ADMIN marinello59's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    I still live in hope.
    Posts
    34,392
    Quote Originally Posted by lord bunberry View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The karate is the worst thing I’ve ever seen at the olympics. What a load of pish.
    There’s Olympic Beach Volleyball on Eurosport 2 if you arę a fan.
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

  21. #140
    @hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    edinburgh
    Posts
    18,893
    Quote Originally Posted by marinello59 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Thereís Olympic Beach Volleyball on Eurosport 2 if you arę a fan.
    Itís cool the karate has been chopped and weíve got the hockey on now.

    United we stand here....

  22. #141
    @hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    edinburgh
    Posts
    18,893
    Go on india 2-0 down, now 3-2 up. When you hear what getting a medal will do to for women in India you canít help but want them to win.

    United we stand here....

  23. #142
    Julio Cesar La Cruz was absolutely immense in the heavyweight boxing final. Adds a heavyweight medal to the light heavyweight he won in Rio.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

  24. #143
    I have no ****ing idea what is going on in the Madison but it's great fun.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

  25. #144
    Thereís a thread in Ďother sportsí for the vast majority of people who want to talk about the various events without trying to make it political.

  26. #145
    Quote Originally Posted by Crunchie View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Surprised there's not a thread on how well team GB & NI are doing, our very own Laura Muir is up later here's hoping she adds to a very impressive medals tally so far. I'll wave the Hibernian flag just pretend it's a union jack
    Surely they're all your "very own"? You sound like one of these divisive separatists.

  27. #146
    Quote Originally Posted by WeeRussell View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Thereís a thread in Ďother sportsí for the vast majority of people who want to talk about the various events without trying to make it political.
    Lighten up Russ no one's making anything political, the games should bring everyone together. I didn't even know there was another sports forum

  28. #147
    Quote Originally Posted by lord bunberry View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Iím watching the hockey and there seems to be a foul every couple of seconds, they could do with letting it flow a lot more.
    Or the players could do with fouling less, depending on your point of view 😉

  29. #148
    @hibs.net private member Mon Dieu4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Leith
    Age
    42
    Posts
    6,593
    Quote Originally Posted by lord bunberry View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

    I once saw a guy training for it in holyrood park, it looks so unnatural.
    I watched a bit of it and they actually had the cheek to call a group of them a Peloton

  30. #149
    Quote Originally Posted by Crunchie View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Lighten up Russ no one's making anything political, the games should bring everyone together. I didn't even know there was another sports forum
    Iím all light 👍 Just found it a little strange starting a new Olympics thread on here in order to remind us, yet again, that you really like GB and union jacks.

    Iím surprised youíve never noticed the Ďother sportsí board as it sits directly below this, and presumably your favourite, one 😉

  31. #150
    The speed climbing was something else, as was the lead and boulder. I've never watched it before must take some strength to climb that wall.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
hibs.net ©2020 All Rights Reserved
- Mobile Leaderboard (320x50) - Leaderboard (728x90)