hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Kevin Nisbet

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by BoomtownHibeys View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Has a lot more of a presence than what I realised from watching him on telly. His movement was excellent last night as well, never stops trying to get in to positions where he can make a difference
    Yes that's the word "presence".

You only get that when you're at the game.

He has loads.

£6M!

2. Log in to remove the advert

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by brog View Post
    Apologies for starting a positive thread but I thought Kevin was terrific last night. He scored a superb goal, but more importantly for me, he ran his socks off for the team & his attitude was exemplary. Well played Kevin!
    I think I can see what you’ve done here brog.You’ve drilled down and come up with the Kevin Nisbet turncoats.Those who not so long ago were calling Nesbit a sulky,selfish money grabbing w****** who should never be allowed to wear a Hibs strip again are now praising him to the rafters.
    The facts are in twelve months Nesbit has come out the Championship finished top Scottish scorer in the Premiership and worked his way into the Scotland squad and appeared in the European Champipnships.What more evidence do you need.To those who keep sniping at our top players may I remind you of the words of the great Joni Mitchell “You Don’t Know What You’ve Got Till It’s Gone.

@hibs.net private member Stuart93's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Highwayman View Post
    I think I can see what you’ve done here brog.You’ve drilled down and come up with the Kevin Nisbet turncoats.Those who not so long ago were calling Nesbit a sulky,selfish money grabbing w****** who should never be allowed to wear a Hibs strip again are now praising him to the rafters.
    The facts are in twelve months Nesbit has come out the Championship finished top Scottish scorer in the Premiership and worked his way into the Scotland squad and appeared in the European Champipnships.What more evidence do you need.To those who keep sniping at our top players may I remind you of the words of the great Joni Mitchell “You Don’t Know What You’ve Got Till It’s Gone.
    I think peoples gripe with Nisbet was that he put in a transfer request. There’s no denying he’s a quality player and people know that.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Highwayman View Post
    You give me too much credit! I do think however that no matter how much players try to shield themselves from social media comments, there's no doubt it filters through. See Joe Newell!! As such, if positive comments about Kevin on here, help play a small part in him staying here for another season,then it's worthwhile. Mind you, I'm sure I used the Joni quote before!! 😀
    Last edited by brog; 23-07-2021 at 03:45 PM.

I thought Kevin was good last night and was good to see him stand up to them thugs last night.

As others mentioned great tracking back and tackle in the second half, few bad touches but which striker don't?

If he can at least perform like he did last season I'll be happy but if he can add something extra will be a bonus.

Last season he could of scored more if he didn't put in a transfer request then sit on the bench for a while but when he came back he showed tremendous attitude.

@hibs.net private member O'Rourke3's Avatar
    Thought he played really well. I was hoping to see him score, and did. Other notable first views were Gogic and McGennis. Macy had the square root of f all to do and McKay seemed to have the right idea and the wrong studs. Scotty being taken off was too early. Still undecided on Wright.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member ian cruise's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Stuart93 View Post
    I think peoples gripe with Nisbet was that he put in a transfer request. There’s no denying he’s a quality player and people know that.
    Did the club not confirm no official request was actually submitted? I could be wrong but I think the official request is a message board "fact". Unofficially who knows what was said, but by the very nature we'd never find out the truth so it's just guesswork and rumour.

*edit - quick Google search suggests I'm wrong

Quote Originally Posted by O'Rourke3 View Post
    Thought he played really well. I was hoping to see him score, and did. Other notable first views were Gogic and McGennis. Macy had the square root of f all to do and McKay seemed to have the right idea and the wrong studs. Scotty being taken off was too early. Still undecided on Wright.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk
    We needed Magennis to replace Newell because it wouldn't be sensible to leave a gap at the base of the midfield. That meant one of the front four had to be replaced which would never be Boyle or Nisbet. Mackay's pace was needed since we were a man down, so taking Allan off was the right move. He's good at pressing defenders, but asking him to do so in that heat when we're a man down and with his underlying condition wouldn't be sensible.
    Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.

Quote Originally Posted by Eyrie View Post
    We needed Magennis to replace Newell because it wouldn't be sensible to leave a gap at the base of the midfield. That meant one of the front four had to be replaced which would never be Boyle or Nisbet. Mackay's pace was needed since we were a man down, so taking Allan off was the right move. He's good at pressing defenders, but asking him to do so in that heat when we're a man down and with his underlying condition wouldn't be sensible.
    Don’t think his underlying condition would have even came in to thinking. He’s either healthy enough to play football or he’s not

Was right next to the dugout and Ross was going daft at him well before the sending off for not pressing properly. He was fuming with him. As soon as Newell was sent off he was always coming off.

Quote Originally Posted by B.H.F.C View Post
    Don’t think his underlying condition would have even came in to thinking. He’s either healthy enough to play football or he’s not

Was right next to the dugout and Ross was going daft at him well before the sending off for not pressing properly. He was fuming with him. As soon as Newell was sent off he was always coming off.
    Interesting about Ross. Looked from the back of the East that he was making a good effort, but maybe not in conjunction with team mates which would make it more effective.
    Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.

@hibs.net private member

Kevin Nisbet

That is interesting..I didn’t think he was on it early on either..looked a bit off the pace …

Edit - he looked great against Arsenal mind you - so don’t think it’s a condition thing - just wasn’t at it early on
    Last edited by bigwheel; 24-07-2021 at 09:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Eyrie View Post
    Interesting about Ross. Looked from the back of the East that he was making a good effort, but maybe not in conjunction with team mates which would make it more effective.
    It was quite early on in the first half. They got the ball out to the right and put a big diagonal in to the box and I think he was getting stick for not getting to someone in the build up. Ross was going mad about it though.

FWIW, I thought Allan still looks like he has a bit to go even in his short time on the pitch. He’s never been quick as such but he always had that burst to go past someone and I thought that looked to be lacking. He’s going to need games to get that sharpness so I hope we stick with him.

@hibs.net private member
    Allen was very poor and may well have been hooked at half time. He give the ball away far too often and his flicks and tricks weren't working. Our press was completely disjointed. I didn't get a sense of whose fault it was from the stand but there was no concerted effort in the first half. Scottie may well have a part to play and he is getting the opportunity but I can't see it working out. Hope I'm wrong but to finish third you need consistency and Allen van play magnificently one week and be a man short for a montb

Quote Originally Posted by wookie70 View Post
    Allen was very poor and may well have been hooked at half time. He give the ball away far too often and his flicks and tricks weren't working. Our press was completely disjointed. I didn't get a sense of whose fault it was from the stand but there was no concerted effort in the first half. Scottie may well have a part to play and he is getting the opportunity but I can't see it working out. Hope I'm wrong but to finish third you need consistency and Allen van play magnificently one week and be a man short for a montb
    I think that’s really harsh on Allan. Rarely do I feel like he’s a man short and certainly not for a month!

Consistency will get you so far but to improve we need players who can do a bit more. Think of all those games last year where we had no idea how to break teams down.

@hibs.net private member
    I think that’s really harsh on Allan. Rarely do I feel like he’s a man short and certainly not for a month!

Consistency will get you so far but to improve we need players who can do a bit more. Think of all those games last year where we had no idea how to break teams down.
    I am harsh on Scottie as he frustrates me so much. He seems to get a free ride with supporters when he makes so many mistakes and poor decisions. I am obviously talking on the field here and have great respect for the battle he has fought with his health. I think he tries far too hard to play the killer ball and needs to concentrate on playing the right ball. I'd say he has been a man short far more often than a match winner and I see him as a sub rather than a starter

I am harsh on Scottie as he frustrates me so much. He seems to get a free ride with supporters when he makes so many mistakes and poor decisions. I am obviously talking on the field here and have great respect for the battle he has fought with his health. I think he tries far too hard to play the killer ball and needs to concentrate on playing the right ball. I'd say he has been a man short far more often than a match winner and I see him as a sub rather than a starter
    His first full season back (which ended up cut short) he was double figures for goals and assists. You don’t get that if you just pass the ball safe all the time. He gives the ball away trying things now and again but he’s a good player. It’s a case of whether he’s going to be able to do it physically now, IMO.

I think that’s just his game now though - Scott Allan is blunted if you get him to play safe. I don’t necessarily disagree with your point, with hindsight it’s often tempting to say he should have done something simpler and kept the ball, but if he starts doing that too much, how many successful killer balls do we miss out on?

I didn’t think he started the game well the other night, I actually thought we were pretty awful before the sending off. Nothing came off for him early on but who knows how he might have worked his way into the game later on?

He was excellent against Arsenal and showed the kind of killer ball at times that not many players can play.

With him though, you have to take the rough with the smooth. For every defence splitting ball you’ll get a few where he gives it away. I think he gets “an easy ride” because most fans realise that this is the way to get the best from him.
    Last edited by Smartie; 24-07-2021 at 05:01 PM.

Allan playing safe means we're playing a man short.

He's in the team for those low percentage, high reward balls that he has the vision to see and the confidence to attempt, and we cut him some slack when it doesn't work because it's worth it when it does.

Scott Allan is the type of player should be looking to bring to Hibs and should always be the standard for that position.

Madness anyone having a go at him in his real competitive start in a green shirt after his troubles.

Really hope we are keeping Nisbet for another season at least. Huge potential. As I’ve said on other threads, I’m not interested in transfer fee talk of a few million - let the board sort the cash side of the club out. I’m a fan going along to see Hibs win and I just want to see him lining up in a green jersey with white sleeves every week. Replacing him, even with a bit cash in our coffers won’t be easy at all.

Left by mutual consent! Iggy Pope's Avatar
    I’m glad we got to see him in the flesh in a Hibs kit. Played very well and looked after himself too against a gang.

@hibs.net private member silverhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Iggy Pope View Post
    I’m glad we got to see him in the flesh in a Hibs kit. Played very well and looked after himself too against a gang.
    I have a good feeling him and Doig will be with us for the start of our league and European campaign, it’s January I worry about unless we are still in Europe and flying in the league.

Left by mutual consent! Iggy Pope's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by silverhibee View Post
    I have a good feeling him and Doig will be with us for the start of our league and European campaign, it’s January I worry about unless we are still in Europe and flying in the league.
    Likewise.
    (I’m still to sort through that bag of programmes Silver)

@hibs.net private member silverhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Iggy Pope View Post
    Likewise.
    (I’m still to sort through that bag of programmes Silver)

Quote Originally Posted by theonlywayisup View Post
    Played really well, I thought, though the quality of the opposition wasn't good. Took his goal really well. He's got a good future in the game.

However, our star man is Boyle. I'm surprised that no-one has come in for him. Last night, he looked even quicker and fitter than last season. The boy is excellent - both in terms of his play and his attitude.
    For quite some time I thought Boyle was a bit of a one trick pony and I would not have been confident in relying on him at all to produce but his allround game has definitely improved and so has his crossing. He is IMO much more adaptable than he was too. I don't think he's got quite the same kind of quality that Nisbet has, but he's got blinding pace which he uses so well, he's not just another Alan O'Brien, there's a lot more to his game than that.

@hibs.net private member BILLYHIBS's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ekhibee View Post
    For quite some time I thought Boyle was a bit of a one trick pony and I would not have been confident in relying on him at all to produce but his allround game has definitely improved and so has his crossing. He is IMO much more adaptable than he was too. I don't think he's got quite the same kind of quality that Nisbet has, but he's got blinding pace which he uses so well, he's not just another Alan O'Brien, there's a lot more to his game than that.
    Combine Boyle’s pace with Nisbet’s finishing and you get .....Arthur Duncan.

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ekhibee View Post

Happily for us Boyle seems genuinely happy and settled at Hibs. He’s certainly improved so much as a player over the past five years.