hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kevin Nisbet

Blog Entries

Kevin Nisbet

Apologies for starting a positive thread but I thought Kevin was terrific last night. He scored a superb goal, but more importantly for me, he ran his socks off for the team & his attitude was exemplary. Well played Kevin!

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member BILLYHIBS's Avatar
    Work rate, link up play and finishing were top drawer

This guy is quality we are lucky to have him

Onwards and upwards
    Last edited by BILLYHIBS; 23-07-2021 at 01:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by brog View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Apologies for starting a positive thread but I thought Kevin was terrific last night. He scored a superb goal, but more importantly for me, he ran his socks off for the team & his attitude was exemplary. Well played Kevin!
    Completely agree...I know Boiler got 2 goals and was dangerous most of the game but I thought Kev played one of his best games in a Hibs jersey.
    Won the Pen, scored a great goal, led the line and tracked back covering when needed. Was my MOTM, but I knew that Boyle would get the shout...great to have more than one candidate.
    More shifts like that please !

ggtth

@hibs.net private member
    He is a very good player and most importantly is improving all the time. Hope we can keep him for another year as I expect it would do him and the club good

Agreed. Top class from him. Will be a huge loss when he goes.

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    He was excellent. He drops deep and plays some quality passes for Boyle to run onto and he obviously has an eye for goal. Like others I think he’s improving all the time and if he were to stay for another season he’d get a much better move. I suspect he’ll be off in this window though.

United we stand here....

@hibs.net private member ian cruise's Avatar
    Excellent player. Improving all the time and with the backing of the fans now we're back in the stands, his confidence is sure to grow too.

Fingers crossed we get another full season out of him.

@hibs.net private member Mikey_1875's Avatar
    Opposition taken out of it I was impressed with how went about his business as a lone striker in the first half. There was a moment in the first five minutes where a high ball came in and he chested into the path of Mackay that I thought was quality. Can tell by his body language and actions during the game he is easily frustrated/bit of a moaner but delighted he got his goal and was certainly a pleasure watching him in the flesh for the first time.

He made a sublime challenge in the second half. I remember being surprised it came from him at the time.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    He’s much better seeing him live at the game than on TV.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

His confidence is soaring and is exactly what I said in January when people wanted us to sell. His value is rocketing by the week. Outstanding footballer, and the only player who stuck up for Newell when he was surrounded by 7 of them, everyone else ran away!

@hibs.net private member JohnM1875's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: johnmac1875
    Was really really good last night. Definitely made a difference being able to see him in person and notice the graft he puts in.

Was one of the 'take 4 million straight away' group before. But I honestly reckon he's that good we should be doing all we can to keep him.

@hibs.net private member
    Has a lot more of a presence than what I realised from watching him on telly. His movement was excellent last night as well, never stops trying to get in to positions where he can make a difference

@hibs.net private member Hibernian Verse's Avatar
    He was a moany barsteward at times last night which I love in a striker. Shows he wants the ball as much as possible.

Played really well, I thought, though the quality of the opposition wasn't good. Took his goal really well. He's got a good future in the game.

However, our star man is Boyle. I'm surprised that no-one has come in for him. Last night, he looked even quicker and fitter than last season. The boy is excellent - both in terms of his play and his attitude.

He did have a very good game but his first touch in the first half was poor at times. He grew into the game and when he played the deeper role and came short they couldn’t cope. The finish for his disallowed goal was sublime too. Long May this continue!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Told my colleagues yesterday that seeing KN play live was the main reason I was looking forward to the game last night. Plays with his head up and always aware where his teammates are, he honestly reminds me of another Kevin (DB), 😃

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by BILLYHIBS View Post
    Work rate link up play and finishing was top drawer

This guy is quality we are lucky to have him

Onwards and upwards
    Yip excellent, probably put another couple of million £ on his transfer price 👌

He did all things, and moaned. Just what we want from him. You can moan as much as you like when you pull off sliding tackles, lay off to others, track back and score goals.

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lord bunberry View Post
    He was excellent. He drops deep and plays some quality passes for Boyle to run onto and he obviously has an eye for goal. Like others I think he’s improving all the time and if he were to stay for another season he’d get a much better move. I suspect he’ll be off in this window though.

would definitely be best for all parties if he stayed another season.

Blog Entries
    Pleased to see so many positive comments and in particular from those who were seeing KN "live" for the 1st time. I think our owner knows his stuff & I doubt Kevin will go cheaply. Another full season would be excellent!

@hibs.net private member Fergus52's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Zazu rafike
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibernian Verse View Post
    He was a moany barsteward at times last night which I love in a striker. Shows he wants the ball as much as possible.
    Was very confused early in the first half when he tried what should have been an easy first time pass and blootered it out for a throw in, before shouting and moaning as if anyone else could have been at fault but him.

@hibs.net private member Oscar T Grouch's Avatar
    Was really impressed with him last night and I think he appreciated the crowd too, it must have been hard for him coming here and playing in empty stadiums. I think he is only going to get better so we best enjoy him while he is here.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Looks very good. Only getting better playing a part in the euros will have lifted his profile and also his confidence. Hopefully we have him for all of the season however don't think he will be. Will be difficult to get a replacement of the same calibre.
    Last edited by JimBHibees; 23-07-2021 at 12:59 PM.

Great player.

Realistically, I think he'll be away. Prob this week

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Greenio View Post
    Great player.

Why this week

Quote Originally Posted by Greenio View Post
    Great player.

Brentford just paid £13m for Ajer so £20m for Nisbet seems reasonable.

@hibs.net private member ian cruise's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jacomo View Post
    Brentford just paid £13m for Ajer so £20m for Nisbet seems reasonable.
    Spurs replacement for Kane?

He frustrates me a wee bit, there's times he looks great, but I always feel he has more to give. Like he has another gear, needs to score some big goals too, don't feel he's had enough big moments yet.

Quote Originally Posted by JammyDoidger View Post
    He frustrates me a wee bit, there's times he looks great, but I always feel he has more to give. Like he has another gear, needs to score some big goals too, don't feel he's had enough big moments yet.

This is why he should stay at Hibs another season, where he will be a starter if fit and can work on some aspects of his game.

Unfortunately if a players head is turned it’s difficult to persuade them to be patient.