Thread: HMK Rijeka

@hibs.net private member SteveHFC's Avatar
    https://twitter.com/HibernianFC/status/1422227900821123087?s=20
    Less talk, more gifs. 21.05.16

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by SteveHFC View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    https://twitter.com/HibernianFC/status/1422227900821123087?s=20
    Monday evening and we still have no idea how many fans will be allowed in. It's not as if this game has come as a surprise either.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Since90+2 View Post
    Monday evening and we still have no idea how many fans will be allowed in. It's not as if this game has come as a surprise either.
    What exactly is the issue here with CEC? Just get the numbers confirmed and the ballot completed.

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rijeka fan View Post
    Ok, just watched whole game against Motherwell.

I have to admit that You are right, when I spoke about Scottish style of play, I would say that Motherwell is more like it. Hibs are playing more like some club from continent, actually we are not much different regarding style of play.

Nisbet is absolutely class and this Boyle is really pain in the ass for defenders.

But Your defence gives me hope. You are talking about mistakes of our goalkeeper against Dinamo and Macey is, based on this game, not the best goalkeeper around. Also, You are leaving lot of space between midfield and defence, take a look at our goals against Dinamo yesterday, this is what we like.

I expect that both coaches will choose more conservative approach. We will most likely play some version of 3-5-2, do not expect that we will star with two central defenders.

I also do not know who will be able to play from our side, Muric is sidelined for three last games, I expect that he will be back against Hibs which will definitely make our attack more dangerous.

But either way, I expect 2 good games and plenty of goals.
    You’ll be in bother talking about Macey like that 😂

@hibs.net private member Mikey_1875's Avatar
    It said on the original article that they would receive confirmation from the council tonight about any additional tickets we are getting. Can only imagine the club are hanging fire on the draw to ensure that they have as many available tickets put into the first ballot as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Diclonius View Post
    I wouldn't be so sure. Watch the highlights below of our last ECL game against St Coloma.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2qeTuvtQEAU
    I can show You Labrović performance against Gorica. Same thing.

Can not judge player based on one game, especially goalkeeper.

Rijeka always had very good goalkeepers, in last decade we sold goalkeepers to Lazio (Vargic), Luton Town (Sluga), Verona (Pandur) and Dinamo (Nevistić). All of them very decent transfers. Labrović is next club project.

Perhaps he is not best goalkeeper on the world for collecting long balls but we are confident that he is a hot prospect.

I have to admit that You are right, when I spoke about Scottish style of play, I would say that Motherwell is more like it. Hibs are playing more like some club from continent, actually we are not much different regarding style of play.

Nisbet is absolutely class and this Boyle is really pain in the ass for defenders.

But Your defence gives me hope. You are talking about mistakes of our goalkeeper against Dinamo and Macey is, based on this game, not the best goalkeeper around. Also, You are leaving lot of space between midfield and defence, take a look at our goals against Dinamo yesterday, this is what we like.

I expect that both coaches will choose more conservative approach. We will most likely play some version of 3-5-2, do not expect that we will star with two central defenders.

I also do not know who will be able to play from our side, Muric is sidelined for three last games, I expect that he will be back against Hibs which will definitely make our attack more dangerous.

Really interesting to hear your thoughts on the team from outside the club.

Macey still splits opinions with fans, he's a new keeper for us and my opinion of him changes every game at the minute. Don't think he could do much about either of the goals yesterday but by the same token he didn't fill me with confidence during the game.

When it comes to our defence, they were definitely poor for both goals yesterday, however, I don't think that game was a great representation of our defence over the last year or so. In general our defence was very good last year so the game yesterday was quite a surprise to see us lose two quite soft goals. Very preventable anyway

@hibs.net private member

You look a great side going forward - will give us a lot of trouble ..I also expect both teams to score . We will have to be at our best to have a chance. Thanks for sharing your views

Rijeka always had very good goalkeepers, in last decade we sold goalkeepers to Lazio (Vargic), Luton Town (Sluga), Verona (Pandur) and Dinamo (Nevistić). All of them very decent transfers. Labrović is next club project.

Perhaps he is not best goalkeeper on the world for collecting long balls but we are confident that he is a hot prospect.
    Interesting that you sold someone to Luton who are a pretty small club in England, even though they are in the Championship. I wouldn’t have thought Luton would pay big wages.

What sort of salary would a typical player get at your club do you think?

I wonder if it’s a market we are trying to tap into with our recent appointment of that Croatian guy I mentioned earlier in the thread.

Do you think there’s players in some of the lesser teams in your league that could move to the UK or are the best ones picked up by the bigger clubs quickly.

I’d imagine it would be a well scouted league but if Luton are picking players up from there it’s probably not out of the question we could too.

Left by mutual consent!
    Shocking. How are Rangers getting about 50% capacity for tomorrow, with higher rates in Glasgow and Lanarkshire than Edinburgh, and yet we get less than 25%
    Pressure from The Rangers and The OL

Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by EI255 View Post
    Pressure from The Rangers and The OL

Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk
    Yip. More bullying and meek resistance to the bigots.

Quote Originally Posted by bingo70 View Post
    Interesting that you sold someone to Luton who are a pretty small club in England, even though they are in the Championship. I wouldn’t have thought Luton would pay big wages.

I wonder if it’s a market we are trying to tap into with our recent appointment of that Croatian guy I mentioned earlier in the thread.

Do you think there’s players in some of the lesser teams in your league that could move to the UK or are the best ones picked up by the bigger clubs quickly.

I’d imagine it would be a well scouted league but if Luton are picking players up from there it’s probably not out of the question we could too.
    Would brexit now not close that market out to us? We'd likely be signing younger players with potential, rather than guys in the Croatian national squad, so we might find it difficult to get them a work permit.

Would brexit now not close that market out to us? We'd likely be signing younger players with potential, rather than guys in the Croatian national squad, so we might find it difficult to get them a work permit.
    Possibly - yes.
    It certainly won’t be as straightforward as it used to be to bring in EU players, even if we could afford them. There’s no special dispensation.

Aaahh! The benefits of Brexit eh?

Good point, hadn’t thought of that.

I watched a highlights package of Muric last week and he plays a bit like Boyle but has far more technical skill. Great player, as is Drmic.
    Any idea how much your club paid to loan Drmic from Norwich?
    Last edited by CMurdoch; 02-08-2021 at 07:51 PM.

Coaching Staff

Interested to hear your thoughts on not only the game Rijeka Fan but in general - can you tell me, what are the average salaries of your players / in the Croatian leagues ? Do clubs / players look to move onto bigger leagues or would there be some realistic targets that a club like Hibs would be an attractive option ? We have recently signed up with a Croatian agency which is interesting. Seems a market that is rich with talent or certainly players that can develop.

I'd argue that certain players at Hibs would be earning between £100,000 / £150,000 a year - are your players on that sort of salary ?

Some unbelievable talent being produced over the years in your country

Quote Originally Posted by bingo70 View Post

I looked at Sluga the Luton keeper last week.
    They paid Rijeka 1.5 Million Euros for him 2 seasons ago.
    It's a long time since we paid more than £300k for a player so unless we start paying out far bigger bucks for players we won't be competing for such players from Croatia.
    Can see us upping that in the short term to £500k this summer but that is still well off Croatian prices.

I make it about 8 million Euro's your club have made from the sales of those 4 keepers. Am I close to the correct total?
    Hibs just lost a very good goalkeeper, Marciano, on a free to Feyenoord.
    It is over 30 years since we sold a goalkeeper for decent money, Andy Goram to Rangers. Thinking about it, he is the only one since I started supporting Hibs over 50 years ago!!!
    Last edited by CMurdoch; 02-08-2021 at 08:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CMurdoch View Post
    I watched a highlights package of Muric last week and he plays a bit like Boyle but has far more technical skill. Great player, as is Drmic.
    Any idea how much your club paid to loan Drmic from Norwich?
    Drmić came on loan during second half of last season. He was not really in shape so it took little time for him to start playing. To be honest, we were surprised that we were able to get him because his salary in Norwich was over million euros per year.

I do not know all the details (here players wages are not public) but I know that his contract with Norwich is expiring this season and that Norwich is not paying anything to him this season. So, I presume he arranged with us a deal with considerably smaller salary.

He actually stated that he liked the city and the squad and that he enjoys playing here.

Quote Originally Posted by truehibernian View Post
    Interested to hear your thoughts on not only the game Rijeka Fan but in general - can you tell me, what are the average salaries of your players / in the Croatian leagues ? Do clubs / players look to move onto bigger leagues or would there be some realistic targets that a club like Hibs would be an attractive option ? We have recently signed up with a Croatian agency which is interesting. Seems a market that is rich with talent or certainly players that can develop.

I'd argue that certain players at Hibs would be earning between £100,000 / £150,000 a year - are your players on that sort of salary ?

Current situation here is that Dinamo is far, far ahead of any club in Croatia. Top players in Dinamo have salaries in a range of million euro per year.

Two other clubs have bigger budgets then Rijeka, Hajduk and Osijek. Best Hajduk player, Livaja, has 700.000 EUR, Osijek players I believe little less.

Regarding us, last season biggest contract was around 200.000 EUR, but I already mentioned that we had financially difficult year. I would say that this season we increased contracts, especially in case of Drmić, but we can only estimate.

All clubs here (even Dinamo) are making money from transfers. Dinamo is selling players usually for over 10 million euros, others are operating in a range of 2-3 million euros. Our biggest transfer ever was Andrej Kramarić (currently in Hoffenheim and regular in national squad) in Leicester for around 10 million euros some 6 years ago.

First Team Breakthrough H113EE5's Avatar
    Anyone know when the result of the ballot will be announced?

Quote Originally Posted by H113EE5 View Post
    Anyone know when the result of the ballot will be announced?
    Tomorrow night I think

Testimonial Due
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Jellzy
    Quote Originally Posted by truehibernian View Post

I reckon there's a couple of players around the £150k-£200k mark as a basic salary. Around 4k a week or so. Sure we paid that to some of the top players years back so would expect a couple around that now. I think we're are more attractive than Aberdeen or Hearts right now but there salary cap is still that touch higher. Get there and we'd fair better in negotiations... albeit neither have signed anyone I'd have be jumping to beat them too. Think that's what Ron and co. are aiming for.

As for Rijeka those were some strikes. Not sure the defence could've done much more outside closing quicker but even then sometimes you can't do anything. Not sure our defence or keeper could've stopped any of those. Will need to work hard not to give them so much time and space. Going to be tough.

Is the match only available on TV via Premier ?

Quote Originally Posted by HibbyDave View Post
    PPV on Hibs TV £12.99

@hibs.net private member Ringothedog's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HibbyDave View Post
    No Hibs tv, the second leg is on premier

Ballot been run yet ?

Quote Originally Posted by Onion View Post
    Ballot been run yet ?
    Should find out tonight apparently.

I assume they're hoping for more capacity so they only have to run it once.

I see Hibs are 13/10 favs, quite surprised at that.

Quote Originally Posted by HUTCHYHIBBY View Post
    I see Hibs are 13/10 favs, quite surprised at that.
    I presume that is to win the home leg rather than the tie