hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    @hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Glory Lurker View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    What was the story with their weird goal kick set up?
    Fairly standard thing for teams to do if they want to play out from the back.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Key West View Post
    Bora Rangers wouldn’t have looked out of place at this stage of the tournament, how have Scottish teams sank this low?
    Money, simple as that.
    "...when Hibs won the Scottish Cup final and that celebration, Sunshine on Leith? I don’t think there’s a better football celebration ever in the game.”

Sir Alex Ferguson

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by H18 SFR View Post
    For a team of part timers that most think would play Lowland or Highland league, i thought they were technically ok individually and all wanted on the ball, even in tight areas of the park.

Of course they were no where near the standard of us but I thought they gave us a really good game.
    Are they part timers though?

I can’t find anything that confirms this….very possible I admit that I am looking in the wrong places…

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Forza Fred View Post
    Are they part timers though?

I can’t find anything that confirms this….very possible I admit that I am looking in the wrong places…
    According to Wiki:

With the fourth smallest population of any UEFA country,[24] until the admission of Gibraltar, the talent pool is small. Players are predominantly amateurs because the Andorra domestic league is only part-time. Since Andorra began playing in 1996, their average FIFA ranking is 163.[25]

‘Predominantly amateurs’

Given that they are a small village team according to what I’ve read, I recon they won’t be fully time across the full team.

@hibs.net private member
    Definitely part time:

This close-quartered nature of Andorran football is reflected in the nation’s civic life, with many Primera Divisió players maintaining their passion with additional professions. “We have a policeman, a bank director, another one is a mechanic; he has his own car shop; one is an English teacher,” Llevot adds.

@hibs.net private member ian cruise's Avatar
    They benefitted from being drawn against the team from Gibraltar in the last round, if the draw had pulled them out against anyone else neither team would be in this round.

There's probably a couple of teams who went out last round looking at Santa Coloma and wishing the draw had been more favourable.

Left by mutual consent!
    There's a reason pish teams enter at this round, expect to get through one round, maybe, before meeting tougher pish in next round... unfortunately until we consistently beat this pish and that of the next round it's our level..