hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Kyle Magennis

Left by mutual consent! Iggy Pope's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Edinburgh Green View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    He had about 9 months left on his contract and was still injured, it would of been £100k tops. £80k was the number I heard.
    Would have. Have. HAVE! C’mon man.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Exactly the type of midfielder we've been looking for, total box2box player and looks raring to go, nearest thing to SJM I've seen.

Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar
    Much better performance today than anything he’d been putting in last season. Hopefully he can keep it up.

Really good today. Totally different player playing centrally.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Smartie View Post
    Looked excellent tonight.

He needs to be starting games.

I think we should be playing him ahead of Newell next week irrespective of bans or appeals, and it should then be up to Newell to dislodge him from the team.
    This.

@hibs.net private member WhileTheChief..'s Avatar
    He looks solid.

The centre mid position is there for the taking. He should be aiming to start there every week.

He's looked much more like the player we were told he was/could be the last few weeks. Hoping to see that improvement continue but like many have said on the basis of what I've seen so far this season he's the first name in that midfield trio we tend to play with.

@hibs.net private member Mikey_1875's Avatar
    Excellent today, especially in the first half I thought when he was the spearhead of the midfield three. Looks fighting fit and hopefully can be the goals from midfield that we need. I think it will be pretty hard for Allan to displace him.

Really good today especially first half when we were struggling and he was trying to pull us through.

A couple of crunching tackles.

A couple of runs in behind.

Played the right pass, knows when to keep it simple and when to take a risk.

Grabbed a goal.

Loved his run which should have resulted in a penalty. Head down and drive at the heart of them.

He is looking much much sharper than at any point last season and looks comfortable in himself. Showed excellent feet at times and can get out of tricky positions.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey_1875 View Post
    Excellent today, especially in the first half I thought when he was the spearhead of the midfield three. Looks fighting fit and hopefully can be the goals from midfield that we need. I think it will be pretty hard for Allan to displace him.
    Totally agree, he looked much better in that position in the first half. Was less involved when out wide (I think he was wide left?) When we went to 442 second half.

Want to see him start there maybe with JDH in place of Gogic starting.

@hibs.net private member Hiber-nation's Avatar
    We were a totally different team with him fit and playing centrally. Lots of wee passing triangles that we didn't see last season. Fingers crossed that his injuries are a thing of the past.

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    There must be a shortage of humble pie in Edinburgh this weekend.

Or rather, there should be, but there won't.

Quote Originally Posted by Edinburgh Green View Post
    He had about 9 months left on his contract and was still injured, it would of been £100k tops. £80k was the number I heard.
    It was a lot more than 80k.
    Being out of contract doesn't matter as he's under 23, and a compo fee would have been c200k. So for us to get him a year early, we would have paid a fair bit more than that

Reminds me of Pat ‘Goals’ McGinlay. If he’s half the player Pat was for us he’ll do for me.

I'm really hopeful he will kick on this season and be our best player in the middle of the park.

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    Reminds me of Pat ‘Goals’ McGinlay. If he’s half the player Pat was for us he’ll do for me.
    I thought so too but then again I’m always hoping for the second coming of the legend that was P McG.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    When we signed Maggenis from St Mirren, I was really excited about seeing him in a Hibs top. Last season, for a whole variety of reasons, it just didn't happen for him. He's had a pre-season under his belt, and looks at full fitness, and the difference in his performances is staggering. Today we saw exactly the type of player we thought we were getting when we signed him. He has been excellent whenever he's played this season, and could be a crucial player for us. I genuinely think he'll leave us for bigger things and we'll make a whack of money on him when he does. He's capable, if he continues to develop, of performing at the very highest level in the same way that John McGinn was when he was at Easter Road.

Great performance today, he had a bit of everything about him and for me, was only outshone by Kevin Nisbet this afternoon.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

I don't really see much thats box to box about him. He was playing well far forward, behind the striker. He was not playing box to box today at all.

@hibs.net private member The Modfather's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibbyradge View Post
    There must be a shortage of humble pie in Edinburgh this weekend.

Or rather, there should be, but there won't.
    Does the humble pie extend to Ross as well and playing him centrally rather than some sort of no mans land on the left? 😀

He looks a different player this season and potentially someone to genuinely build the midfield around.

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by The Modfather View Post
    Does the humble pie extend to Ross as well and playing him centrally rather than some sort of no mans land on the left? 😀

He looks a different player this season and potentially someone to genuinely build the midfield around.
    I'm certain that it was pointed out ad nauseum that he was being played out of position to give him game time but that was ignored by his detractors.

Anyway, it's great that he's rewarding those who had faith in him while he was recuperating after a serious injury.

Recuperating isn't the right word is it?

He certainly has that look about him. Even when Magennis was playing bit parts here and there when not fully up to speed we could still see that there was potential there. Now we're starting to see the near fully fit Magennis, its looking likely that we have a very good player on our books. Hopefully he'll go on to be a key part of our midfield engine room.

Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    When we signed Maggenis from St Mirren, I was really excited about seeing him in a Hibs top. Last season, for a whole variety of reasons, it just didn't happen for him. He's had a pre-season under his belt, and looks at full fitness, and the difference in his performances is staggering. Today we saw exactly the type of player we thought we were getting when we signed him. He has been excellent whenever he's played this season, and could be a crucial player for us. I genuinely think he'll leave us for bigger things and we'll make a whack of money on him when he does. He's capable, if he continues to develop, of performing at the very highest level in the same way that John McGinn was when he was at Easter Road.

Great performance today, he had a bit of everything about him and for me, was only outshone by Kevin Nisbet this afternoon.
    I was never in doubt the boy was a player, I tipped him as our future captain and I stick by that

Another goal from midfield. 2 in 2 now.

Getting stronger and fitter each game.

Great to see !

@hibs.net private member The Modfather's Avatar
    Maybe getting ahead of myself, particularly as I didn’t see the game today, but wonder if in a few years he’ll be spoken about in the same tone as McGinn. Although don’t think he’ll go as far after Hibs as McGinn.

@hibs.net private member
    Excellent again today. Looks a real player in a central advanced midfield position. Works very hard, lots of quality on the ball, good delivery and scores goals. Much to like

Left by mutual consent!
    Best balanced midfield weve had in years. If Kyle continues and remains clear of injuries he'll be a potential poty.

@hibs.net private member Stevie Reid's Avatar
    Absolutely delighted for him and us. Was worried last season that having such a difficult start - for a variety of reasons - was going to see him never manage to get off the ground.

He looks different class at the moment - dynamic, clever, keeps things moving quickly, and great physicality about him.

Two goals in two league games is a great start - if we can keep our front three here, and get a midfielder in double figures for goals, we could have a really special season.

@hibs.net private member The Spaceman's Avatar
    He reminds me a lot of John McGinn. Another monster performance today - he looks the real deal in the middle alongside JDH.

@hibs.net private member G15 Hibs's Avatar
    Exactly what I was just thinking.

@hibs.net private member mayo hibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Juniper Greens View Post
    It was a lot more than 80k.
    Being out of contract doesn't matter as he's under 23, and a compo fee would have been c200k. So for us to get him a year early, we would have paid a fair bit more than that
    Yes, not sure where the 80k number has come from, more like £300k if I remember correctly. I think it will prove to be money well spent all the same.