hibs.net Messageboard

Page 7 of 20 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    To be fair, there was absolutely no ambiguity around the requirement to wear a mask last night. Irrespective of guidance, it was made abundantly clear in the pre-match info and from announcements throughout the game.

That’s not confusing or open to interpretation, it was crystal clear.
    Yet less than one week ago in a stadium a few miles away the same fans were following a completely different set of rules. That’s ambiguous, we all fall under the same government.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by tamig View Post
    Did you mean to add a link to this? Not being lazy, it's just the norm for such a scenario.

Good point.

It was on the news last night so I'm not sure, but I'll have a look and post one

EDIT: Here's an article with the details.

https://www.glasgowlive.co.uk/sport/...-park-21114122

Rangers will be allowed 8,500 for a game at Ibrox on the same day as Celtc are allowed 18,000 for a game at Celtc Park.

I get that they have been given a reason, but the reason sounds nonsensical to me
    Last edited by Keith_M; 23-07-2021 at 03:26 PM.

People are jumping to conclusions depending on what side the argument they are on. Was it a "legal" requirement, I doubt it. Was it part of the terms of the licence, again I don't think so, Was it part of the terms of entry, definitely. I didn't wear one whilst seated that was my choice, I was aware it was against the rules, as people are when they swear, stand or turn up with a drink in them. Now some folks are using it an as excuse to be holyier than thou. Just do what you think is best for you without worrying about what other people are doing. If you feel you can't sit near someone(outwith 2 metres) without them wearing a mask, then you shouldn't be there, bear in mind that person could well be exempt. Do a personal risk assessment, make the right choice for you and leave others in peace.

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Helensburghhibs View Post
    People are jumping to conclusions depending on what side the argument they are on. Was it a "legal" requirement, I doubt it. Was it part of the terms of the licence, again I don't think so, Was it part of the terms of entry, definitely. I didn't wear one whilst seated that was my choice, I was aware it was against the rules, as people are when they swear, stand or turn up with a drink in them. Now some folks are using it an as excuse to be holyier than thou. Just do what you think is best for you without worrying about what other people are doing. If you feel you can't sit near someone(outwith 2 metres) without them wearing a mask, then you shouldn't be there, bear in mind that person could well be exempt. Do a personal risk assessment, make the right choice for you and leave others in peace.
    Great post.

Love that.

I wore a mask to last week's game and kept it on the whole time. It wasn't exactly a hardship.

Loads of people took their masks off when they were in their seats but put them on again when entering or leaving.... which I really have no complaints about, as it seemed reasonable enough.

Quote Originally Posted by hibbysam View Post
    Yet less than one week ago in a stadium a few miles away the same fans were following a completely different set of rules. That’s ambiguous, we all fall under the same government.
    There was nothing ambiguous about last night. Hibs were very clear in their rules. Anything else isn't relevant as ot boils down to Hibs saying you will do this if you want to come to ER.

What Jason Leitch, Raith Rovers, Wimbledon or the pub round the corner do or say isn't relevant as they don't make the rules at Easter Road.

And to folk saying people shouldn't go if they have a problem with others ignoring the rule, that's such a selfish and entitled attitude. In reality, if you aren't prepared to wear a mask for 2 hours, as the club say you must, then the games can be watched on Hibs Pass.

This.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    That’s only ambiguous if you’re deliberately making it so.

It was 100% clear that there was a requirement last night to wear a mask at the game. What happened elsewhere is irrelevant.

Quote Originally Posted by hibby rae View Post
    There was nothing ambiguous about last night. Hibs were very clear in their rules. Anything else isn't relevant as ot boils down to Hibs saying you will do this if you want to come to ER.

What Jason Leitch, Raith Rovers, Wimbledon or the pub round the corner do or say isn't relevant as they don't make the rules at Easter Road.

And to folk saying people shouldn't go if they have a problem with others ignoring the rule, that's such a selfish and entitled attitude. In reality, if you aren't prepared to wear a mask for 2 hours, as the club say you must, then the games can be watched on Hibs Pass.
    Again, whatever suits your agenda. It's nothing more than a stadium rule, we have established that,, so I'd love to see our attendance if everyone who; drinks before a game, arrives later than 15mins prior to k.o, stands up during the match, swears, or smokes inside the stadium all watched it on hibspass.

That’s only ambiguous if you’re deliberately making it so.

It was 100% clear that there was a requirement last night to wear a mask at the game. What happened elsewhere is irrelevant.
    So you are agreeing it’s heehaw to do with science then, otherwise the government would be enforcing it. Thankfully we got there eventually.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

So you are agreeing it’s heehaw to do with science then, otherwise the government would be enforcing it. Thankfully we got there eventually.
    I never said it was to do with science, but well done on winning whatever argument you thought you were having.

FWIW, my mask was on and off throughout the game. I took it off in spells where it was getting uncomfortable and then put it back on again.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    My partner is asthmatic and has had to be so cautious. I don’t know now she’s double vaccinated if she’d be comfortable or not, but if she wasn’t then it’s not the person who makes the ‘personal choice’ to not follow the conditions of entry to tell the one who does to miss out.

If she can work for hours on end in a stuffy, roasting hospital and wear a mask despite the discomfort, it’s not a big thing to follow a simple request from the club.

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

Quote Originally Posted by Northernhibee View Post
    My partner is asthmatic and has had to be so cautious. I don’t know now she’s double vaccinated if she’d be comfortable or not, but if she wasn’t then it’s not the person who makes the ‘personal choice’ to not follow the conditions of entry to tell the one who does to miss out.

If she can work for hours on end in a stuffy, roasting hospital and wear a mask despite the discomfort, it’s not a big thing to follow a simple request from the club.
    That's her personal circumstance and I appreciate the point of view. My personal circumstances are I go to the match with my son and have had much more risk from drunk punters than covid. The question I have is would she go to a game knowing she may be sitting beside someone who has an exemption? If so is she willing to take the risk?
    Last edited by Helensburghhibs; 23-07-2021 at 04:15 PM.

That's her personal circumstance and I appreciate the point of view. My personal circumstances are I go to the match with my son and have had much more risk from drunk punters than covid. The question I have is would she go to a game knowing she may be sitting beside someone who has an exemption? If so she Is willing to take the risk?
    Nice bit of whataboutery but one thing you mention is swearing. If I was to get a bit heated at a game and someone was to say “I don’t like that language in front of my children” I’d reflect on my behaviour and tone it down, appreciating my behaviour is affecting the enjoyment of others.

The person who is breaking the rules shouldn’t have the power to say to those following the rules that the club set to go and do something else.

And we know that we’re not taking about an exemption in this case, its “personal choice” that you’ve described in your original post. A small amount of people who are exempt not wearing a mask is much less risky than a whole load of people following their own rules.

In all honesty, I’d say that the general tone should be “if someone asks me to put my mask on, I will do”.

You’ve probably also had more experience with people who have had too much and shouldn’t be allowed in because you’ll only have attended one or two games since the pandemic started and you can’t see COVID. That’s entirely anecdotal. You’d be more than entitled to inform a steward of drunks were causing trouble.

I never said it was to do with science, but well done on winning whatever argument you thought you were having.

FWIW, my mask was on and off throughout the game. I took it off in spells where it was getting uncomfortable and then put it back on again.
    Plenty on here did though, and said so throughout the thread.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Plenty on here did though, and said so throughout the thread.
    The point we were discussing was that it wasn’t ambiguous, though.

I couldn’t possibly pretend, when i chose to remove my mask for periods of the game, that i didn’t know I should have been keeping it on.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

@hibs.net private member Moulin Yarns's Avatar
    Why the difference between the two? That’s why. Are the government/local authority putting different rules in place for different restaurants? Or different zoos? No they aren’t, so why would there be different rules for different football stadia? It blows out the window the scientific evidence argument. Now it’s just a case that we do as we are told and don’t question anything.
    I'm repeating myself, but here goes anyway!!

One is in Fife, the other is in Edinburgh. Different local authorities. As far as I'm concerned, if I was in Timbuktu I wouldn't be questioning the rules, I would be complying. If you go to Raith, you 'Should' comply with the rules in place there, if you go to Hibs then surely it doesn't take a genius that you should comply with their rules.

If it bothers you so much take it up with your MP, MSP, councillors, or Hibs themselves.
    There is no such thing as too much yarn, just not enough time.

@hibs.net private member JohnM1875's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: johnmac1875
    Nice bit of whataboutery but one thing you mention is swearing. If I was to get a bit heated at a game and someone was to say “I don’t like that language in front of my children” I’d reflect on my behaviour and tone it down, appreciating my behaviour is affecting the enjoyment of others.

The person who is breaking the rules shouldn’t have the power to say to those following the rules that the club set to go and do something else.

And we know that we’re not taking about an exemption in this case, its “personal choice” that you’ve described in your original post. A small amount of people who are exempt not wearing a mask is much less risky than a whole load of people following their own rules.

In all honesty, I’d say that the general tone should be “if someone asks me to put my mask on, I will do”.

You’ve probably also had more experience with people who have had too much and shouldn’t be allowed in because you’ll only have attended one or two games since the pandemic started and you can’t see COVID. That’s entirely anecdotal. You’d be more than entitled to inform a steward of drunks were causing trouble.
    Sorry to jump in. But I honestly believe that is the case.

I appreciate people might say 'why should I need to ask someone to put a mask on when it's mandatory' but if it's really making you that uncomfortable just ask folk to do so? I wasn't wearing one throughout the match whilst in my seat, but I know for sure if someone sitting near me had asked me too I would have.

Just for clarity mate, if someone had asked me to put it on that was sitting in the vicinity around me I would have without hesitation

Quote Originally Posted by Moulin Yarns View Post
    I'm repeating myself, but here goes anyway!!

One is in Fife, the other is in Edinburgh. Different local authorities. As far as I'm concerned, if I was in Timbuktu I wouldn't be questioning the rules, I would be complying. If you go to Raith, you 'Should' comply with the rules in place there, if you go to Hibs then surely it doesn't take a genius that you should comply with their rules.

If it bothers you so much take it up with your MP, MSP, councillors, or Hibs themselves.
    I’m not the one with the issue, those complaining about them taking masks off have the issue.

Local authorities don’t speak to scientists and virologists. That would be the Scottish government therefore if it was a scientific issue then the whole country would follow the same rules. As they don’t then I’m saying it has nothing to do with science and will stand by that.

This is all becoming very tedious. I will bow out gracefully or I'll shortly destroy my laptop.

Just for clarity mate, if someone had asked me to put it on that was sitting in the vicinity around me I would have without hesitation
    Excellent, long as the “give others peace” bit doesn’t mean “put up with it” or that then I think we agree on the best way for people go about it, just from other ends of the argument.

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

I did plan on taking my mask off once at my seat because that seemed reasonable, given we’re distanced and outside, but the old boy in front of me was keeping his on, so out of courtesy, I kept mine on for the entire time.

All down to personal judgement - I’m not going to condemn or judge others decisions on this one.

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    This stuff annoys me. It's not just about Easter Road, Murrayfield, Wimbledon or wherever.

For the time being, wherever we go and whatever we do in public places there are people who decide what we're meant to do.

We might think that there's no need to wear a mask, enter at staggered times, sit a a certain distance from strangers, only have certain facilities available to us, etc., but that's irrelevant.

Even though we might find some decisions stupid, the people making them generally aren't.

Nobody's imposing these things to spoil stuff for us. They're trying to facilitate our doing things, edging our way back to normality in as safe a way as possible - not just for you but for everyone.

Can people stop deciding that they know better and just toe the line until this crap's behind us?

I’m not the one with the issue, those complaining about them taking masks off have the issue.

Local authorities don’t speak to scientists and virologists. That would be the Scottish government therefore if it was a scientific issue then the whole country would follow the same rules. As they don’t then I’m saying it has nothing to do with science and will stand by that.
    As far as I can see you are the only one arguing about the science, everyone else is bothered about being forced to wear a mask at Easter Road, but not in the pub, at Starks Park, Wimbledon etc.

The FACT is Hibs set the rules of entry, and that is, you must wear a mask while in the ground, except when eating or drinking. It appears that some stewards reminded people, others didn't, some wore them all the time, others didn't, some are making a mountain out of a molehill.

Quote Originally Posted by Peevemor View Post
    This stuff annoys me. It's not just about Easter Road, Murrayfield, Wimbledon or wherever.

For the time being, wherever we go and whatever we do in public places there are people who decide what we're meant to do.

We might think that there's no need to wear a mask, enter at staggered times, sit a a certain distance from strangers, only have certain facilities available to us, etc., but that's irrelevant.

Even though we might find some decisions stupid, the people making them generally aren't.

Nobody's imposing these things to spoil stuff for us. They're trying to facilitate our doing things, edging our way back to normality in as safe a way as possible - not just for you but for everyone.

Can people stop deciding that they know better and just toe the line until this crap's behind us?
    Will do, when the rules make sense and we all face the same rules. You can’t tell me it’s for the greater good when it’s rules for one and not rules for others in the exact same setting.

Quote Originally Posted by Peevemor View Post

Will do, when the rules make sense and we all face the same rules. You can’t tell me it’s for the greater good when it’s rules for one and not rules for others in the exact same setting.
    I fancy a few pints tonight but need to drive later on. Different countries have different limits and they can’t all be right, so does that make it fine?

Quote Originally Posted by BegbieHSC View Post
    I did plan on taking my mask off once at my seat because that seemed reasonable, given we’re distanced and outside, but the old boy in front of me was keeping his on, so out of courtesy, I kept mine on for the entire time.

All down to personal judgement - I’m not going to condemn or judge others decisions on this one.
    I took mine off for the first ten minutes or so but put it back on when I realised most of those near me were still wearing theirs.
    I’m with you, I won’t be judging anybody else’s decision, at this point it should be a personal choice.
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

At Easter Road, it was the same rule for everyone. At last, at last, at last!!