hibs.net Messageboard

Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by hibbysam View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Nobody is laughing at anyone taking advice seriously, just like you shouldn’t laugh at someone for having their own thoughts and ideas on it and then ask where the consistency is - comparing situations and advice. The guys sitting in front of you presumably weren’t facing you.
    It's pretty hard not to laugh at people thinking they know better than Government and science advice. Ultimately, masks help prevent the spread, so should be worn whenever possible when in consistent close proximity to others.

Yes, but I was breathing towards them. Surely not spreading germs is just as important as not getting them yourself?

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by EI255 View Post
    Can't believe people going ape about not wearing a bloomin mask!

Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk
    Because folk were ignoring a request from the club to do something that was part of the agreement we had for letting folk into the game. aka ripping the pish. No need.

@hibs.net private member JohnM1875's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: johnmac1875
    I don't think it's about being selfish either.

I think it's about folk genuinely not believing the advice of 'you have to wear a mask when seated' as having any weight to it. If that was the case why would you not have to at Stark's Park or Tynecastle, where the advice is to wear a mask when getting in, moving around and leaving the stadium. Is the virus less transmissible at these stadiums?

I genuinely wear a mask at all other recommended times. Public transport, supermarkets, entering and leaving a bar etc. Because these are advised across the board for all of these types of venues. Not so when it comes to football grounds.

Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post
    It's pretty hard not to laugh at people thinking they know better than Government and science advice. Ultimately, masks help prevent the spread, so should be worn whenever possible when in consistent close proximity to others.

Yes, but I was breathing towards them. Surely not spreading germs is just as important as not getting them yourself?
    Have you been to a boozer or restaurant since their return? Do you wear a mask when sat down? Remember you are inside (not outside) and in close proximity to others.

Football is outdoors and Mr Leitch has advised us the risk is very low outside. I’m listening to him.

Quote Originally Posted by Hibernianinc View Post
    Bet it’s not as many as rugby get.

Where the crowd wear masks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member jeffers's Avatar
    I never said it was? I said I can make my own conclusions based on the advice being given for other, far worse settings. The same people telling you that you must wear a mask at all times in a football ground are telling you it’s safe not to in a boozer or restaurant and you are happy to listen to that and not question it and draw your own conclusions.
    That’s the part of your thinking I don’t get. You agree wearing a mask isn’t about your own protection but you are willing to take the risk, however small it may be, that you could be spreading the disease to someone else ? By all means if you want to put yourself at risk, but why use your own judgement about the risk to others ? As I said earlier I’m not mad on wearing a mask, especially in this heat, but it’s hardly a major hardship.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenCastle View Post
    Where does it say this in terms and conditions? Just had a quick glance and didn’t see anything.

https://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/our-cl...terms-of-use-1

It does mention entering under influence of alcohol.
    Also mentions no foul and abusive language.
    Plus no standing in seating areas.
    You're looking at the wrong thing. From Spectator Code of Conduct -

During the game…
    • Remain in your allocated seat (standing is strictly prohibited)
    • Always wear your face covering properly covering both your nose and mouth. (Unless you
    are exempt in line with Government Guidance).

Pretty clear.

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    What I don’t understand is why my son was told by a steward as he passed through the gate near the ticket office to put a mask on!

Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Hibee View Post
    What I don’t understand is why my son was told by a steward as he passed through the gate near the ticket office to put a mask on!
    On what grounds?

Quote Originally Posted by Sir David Gray View Post
    On what grounds?
    I wasn’t with him, but told me the steward stopped him at gate, asked to see his ticket and then asked him to put a mask on. This was outside so no grounds for it at all.

Have you been to a boozer or restaurant since their return? Do you wear a mask when sat down? Remember you are inside (not outside) and in close proximity to others.

Football is outdoors and Mr Leitch has advised us the risk is very low outside. I’m listening to him.
    If you're in ER you need to abide by the rules set by Hibs. Not pick and choose the ones you fancy. Some of your nonsense on this thread is very poor.

@hibs.net private member
    I wasn’t with him, but told me the steward stopped him at gate, asked to see his ticket and then asked him to put a mask on. This was outside so no grounds for it at all.
    We were the same at the same gate as well, stewards checking tickets telling everyone to put masks on

I've abided by the rules set out in each pub or restaurant. Same as I did at Easter Road.

Bizarre.

If he was on his way in at the time the only thing I can think of is that Hibs have made it mandatory to wear a mask within all areas of the stadium, including its surroundings (within their land at least).

If he was on his way out then the steward's got no right to tell anyone to wear a mask in a public place.

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    I was beside a young guy late teens, early 20’s maybe? Who was bemused by that request and it may have been your son, I’m not sure? I got the impression there was a bit of a misunderstanding.

The guy was being asked to put the mask on as he was going through the initial ticket check bit beside the ticket office and before you went behind the main stand, the steward was saying he wouldn’t be allowed inside the ground if he wasn’t wearing one. Guy was questioning why he would have to wear a mask and the steward was just making the point it’s the rules now.

Think the stewards were just wanting people wearing the masks while entering the stadium and not waiting until we were in.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir David Gray View Post
    Bizarre.

If he was on his way in at the time the only thing I can think of is that Hibs have made it mandatory to wear a mask within all areas of the stadium, including its surroundings (within their land at least).

If he was on his way out then the steward's got no right to tell anyone to wear a mask in a public place.
    I think folk are being a bit picky here. The guy was probably just asking for folk to be prepared for approaching the turnstiles. No bizarreness or anything about it. What a palaver about nothing. Just my opinion obviously.

I'm guessing once you pass the barrier they must currently count that as in the stadium.

I thought the Rangers actually have a legitimate complaint about playing a match on the same day as Celtic but only being allowed half the attendance.

The response they got sounded totally jobsworth and absolute nonsense.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackSheep View Post
    Outdoors and in an enclosed arena, in mostly the same spot for a prolonged period of time, among 100s of other people also in the same spot for that time, are different scenarios entirely.

Jason Leitch saying it doesn’t spread as well outdoors is more likely referring to situations where you are in a wide open space with free flowing air and are not staying out for 2 hours at a time!
    Is Easter Road hermetically sealed these days? There'll be plenty enough fresh air moving around the stadium for people to reasonably expect behaviour in your seat at the football to be the same as the allowed behaviour when sitting down at an actually indoors pub table. Masks on when moving about/going to the lavvy, off when at seat. Why anyone thinks the SG track "% of masks worn at seat" club by club when deciding what attendance % to allow is beyond me.

Quote Originally Posted by Keith_M View Post
    I thought the Rangers actually have a legitimate complaint about playing a match on the same day as Celtic but only being allowed half the attendance.

The response they got sounded totally jobsworth and absolute nonsense.
    Did you mean to add a link to this? Not being lazy, it's just the norm for such a scenario.

@hibs.net private member Bristolhibby's Avatar
    What are we all going to be like with a full house at the home game v Livvy on the 28th August?

J

I've abided by the rules set out in each pub or restaurant. Same as I did at Easter Road.
    So it’s nothing to do with science then, you just blindly follow? As if you were really bothered about being in close proximity you’d wear a mask inside at pubs also.

Left by mutual consent!
    The club said wear i a mask, so i did. Club said no shouting, the ref made me shout... a lot in block 2 didn't wear masks and shouted.. was i scared, naw, did i feel in danger naw... each make their own choices.

What we dont need is entitled bawbags who think they know better and shout "I'm no wearing a mask because I'm an entitled bawbag..." be the same ***** moaning when our numbers are restricted in the next round...

Quote Originally Posted by JohnM1875 View Post
    I don't think it's about being selfish either.

I think it's about folk genuinely not believing the advice of 'you have to wear a mask when seated' as having any weight to it. If that was the case why would you not have to at Stark's Park or Tynecastle, where the advice is to wear a mask when getting in, moving around and leaving the stadium. Is the virus less transmissible at these stadiums?

I genuinely wear a mask at all other recommended times. Public transport, supermarkets, entering and leaving a bar etc. Because these are advised across the board for all of these types of venues. Not so when it comes to football grounds.
    And Edinburgh Council deemed that after reviewing Hearts' proposal they are only permitted about 3k fans in tomorrow. Perhaps that is why they aren't allowed as many as we were last night. Maybe the virus will be less transmissible at Tynecastle, largely because of the smaller crowd in a stadium with nearly the same capacity.

Whether or not people are being selfish is besides the point, Hibs have stipulated these are the rules we've to abide by. If those not agreeing are that certain they are right, perhaps they can email Hibs to say they don't want to wear a mask and if it means the capacity will need to be reduced because of it, then they can forfeit a seat until the council lets everyone in without masks whilst seated.

@hibs.net private member JohnM1875's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: johnmac1875
    Quote Originally Posted by 007 View Post
    And Edinburgh Council deemed that after reviewing Hearts' proposal they are only permitted about 3k fans in tomorrow. Perhaps that is why they aren't allowed as many as we were last night. Maybe the virus will be less transmissible at Tynecastle, largely because of the smaller crowd in a stadium with nearly the same capacity.

Whether or not people are being selfish is besides the point, Hibs have stipulated these are the rules we've to abide by. If those not agreeing are that certain they are right, perhaps they can email Hibs to say they don't want to wear a mask and if it means the capacity will need to be reduced because of it, then they can forfeit a seat until the council lets everyone in without masks whilst seated.

Don't think that would be the case for the numbers at Tynecastle. If it were they would, I'm sure, have amended their application to ask all fans to wear masks when seated.

I think if the club were that bothered about it they would make sure the stewards enforced it. Not a single person around me who wasn't wearing a mask was told to do so by a steward. Also told not to shout etc yet the stadium announcer is asking fans to roar the team out?

Even after all that's happened, folk still laughing at others for taking covid advice seriously. Pretty poor imo. Do what you like mask wise but don't pretend it's not selfish to ignore Hibs rules.

I'll admit to taking it off to cool down a bit, but tried my best to have it on. I certainly wasn't 2 meters away from other fans, as there was 2 guys sitting in front of me.
    That’s because there’s no 2 meter rule anymore. 1 is the current distancing rule in Scotland

First Team Breakthrough H113EE5's Avatar
    How selfish or just plain ignorant are some of the posters and attendees last night. There’s no debate. The club indicated that masks must be worn unless exempt. I’m certainly not a fan of the Scottish Government but they set the rules and the club have to follow. It would serve us right that thanks to the Covid deniers the crowd is again limited. FFS. Want to attend a game….. WEAR A MASK until the rules change.

Quote Originally Posted by H113EE5 View Post
    How selfish or just plain ignorant are some of the posters and attendees last night. There’s no debate. The club indicated that masks must be worn unless exempt. I’m certainly not a fan of the Scottish Government but they set the rules and the club have to follow. It would serve us right that thanks to the Covid deniers the crowd is again limited. FFS. Want to attend a game….. WEAR A MASK until the rules change.
    So do the SG set different rules for different clubs? That would be even more mental. Interesting! And you still do as your told at that. Or are Raith just trying to null and void their safety certificate? That would be risky.

Quote Originally Posted by tamig View Post
    I think folk are being a bit picky here. The guy was probably just asking for folk to be prepared for approaching the turnstiles. No bizarreness or anything about it. What a palaver about nothing. Just my opinion obviously.
    No palaver just posted what happened, and for the record my son put his mask on as requested by the steward and then removed it again once he was past him. He put his mask in again prior to entering the stadium and kept it on for the whole game.

So it’s nothing to do with science then, you just blindly follow? As if you were really bothered about being in close proximity you’d wear a mask inside at pubs also.
    Do you not think there guidelines are based on science? And you know, common sense?

I don't wear a mask when I'm drinking bevvy. I do at the bar/toilets etc.