hibs.net Messageboard

Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by hibby rae View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Surely, in this context, the only thing that matters is wearing a mask at all times is part of Hibs' T&Cs for entry to the match.

You've entered into a contract with Hibs, and that includes wearing a mask at all times, when purchasing a ticket.

Anything else is irrelevant.

If you don't want to wear one for that length of time (an hour at most as you can step outside at HT), then don't go to the game.
    Where does it say this in terms and conditions? Just had a quick glance and didn’t see anything.

https://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/our-club/policies/terms-of-use-1

It does mention entering under influence of alcohol.
    Also mentions no foul and abusive language.
    Plus no standing in seating areas.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Since90+2 View Post
    It also says on the conditions of entry that you must not enter the stadium under the influence of alcohol. If anything else is irrelevant I'm guessing you've never done that?
    Actually saw someone get turfed out before the match for being too drunk, so Hibs exercised their right to enfore that T&C, so I'd say my point stands.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenCastle View Post
    Where does it say this in terms and conditions? Just had a quick glance and didn’t see anything.

It was said over the tannoy several times during the match. And I've defo seen Hibs explicitly state that for the last couple games.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenCastle View Post

So if the only thing that matters is the terms and condition any fan who enters under the influence or swears should be removed.

Good luck with that at a derby. You'd be emptying about 5000 fans, stewards are going to be busy.
    Last edited by Since90+2; 23-07-2021 at 08:27 AM.

Actually saw someone get turfed out before the match for being too drunk, so Hibs exercised their right to enfore that T&C, so I'd say my point stands.
    So you've never been under the influence or swore at a game previously?

First Team Breakthrough H113EE5's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by H18 SFR View Post
    I am 100% supportive of anyone who didn’t wear a mask tonight when seated - i put my one on when out my seat.

I have rigidly followed the Scot Gov guidance in the main until recently. Just because the Scot Gov say they are mandatory doesn’t mean they are right. I hope they see fans in stadiums across the country refusing to wear them when seated and accept that they don’t have the support of 80-90% of the Scottish population and change their stance accordingly.

The must accept public opinion here, this is a two way street.
    What! Just obey the mandatory tasks that suits you. His can you rigidly follow the guidance but then say ‘in the main’. Don’t be selfish at the football, think of others who may not as healthy.

And the wearing of masks is in the Spectator’s Code of Conduct which we all signed up to when we bought a ticket.
    Last edited by H113EE5; 23-07-2021 at 08:31 AM. Reason: Added content

@hibs.net private member
    It also says on the conditions of entry that you must not enter the stadium under the influence of alcohol. If anything else is irrelevant I'm guessing you've never done that?

Have you ever got intoxicated by being near to someone who is drunk? You can't "catch" or spread drunkenness - it's not a virus.

Quote Originally Posted by CockneyRebel View Post
    Have you ever got intoxicated by being near to someone who is drunk? You can't "catch" or spread drunkenness - it's not a virus.
    That's not the point the poster is making. His point is the only thing that matters is the terms and conditions, under which being drunk or swearing are not permitted.

So you've never been under the influence or swore at a game previously?
    Define 'under the influence'. I'd say that is different from person to person, and the language is kept open to interpretation to allow a case by case decision to be made id. If they are too drunk, then they can be removed. It's less black and white.

But what is black and white is Hibs have said you wear a mask at all times, no exceptions. And whataboutism doesn't change that.

Define 'under the influence'. I'd say that is different from person to person, and the language is kept open to interpretation to allow a case by case decision to be made id. If they are too drunk, then they can be removed. It's less black and white.

But what is black and white is Hibs have said you wear a mask at all times, no exceptions. And whataboutism doesn't change that.
    They’ve also said you don’t swear at any time or enter the stadium under the influence of alcohol at any time.

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    End of the day, for all the teeth gnashing and moaning on here, it’s not going to change before the next home game. The people who felt in danger at the game last night will just need to decide if they want to take the risk for the next game.

Rightly or wrongly, Nobodies mind is going to be changed, at least certainly not in big numbers. If you genuinely felt unsafe sitting in an outdoor environment socially distant from people I don’t think you’re ready for a return to normal life yet.

First Team Regular howdenthehibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TrinityHibs View Post
    Did they assess with or without wearing masks?
    Covid is one smart virus,it can't infect you sitting down in a crowded venue not wearing a mask while opening your gob to eat and have a full on conversation, but get up and go for a piss without a mask and there's all hell to payMake catheters mandatory I say.
    Last edited by howdenthehibby; 23-07-2021 at 08:52 AM.

Even after all that's happened, folk still laughing at others for taking covid advice seriously. Pretty poor imo. Do what you like mask wise but don't pretend it's not selfish to ignore Hibs rules.

I'll admit to taking it off to cool down a bit, but tried my best to have it on. I certainly wasn't 2 meters away from other fans, as there was 2 guys sitting in front of me.

Quote Originally Posted by howdenthehibby View Post
    Covid is one smart virus,it can't infect you sitting down in a crowded venue not wearing a mask while opening your gob to eat and have a full on conversation, but get up and go for a piss without a mask and there's all hell to payMake catheters mandatory I say.
    I take it you haven't seen the updated Fans Code of Coduct published this morning? Now you know what the clear plastic bag rule is about😉

Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post
    Even after all that's happened, folk still laughing at others for taking covid advice seriously. Pretty poor imo. Do what you like mask wise but don't pretend it's not selfish to ignore Hibs rules.

I'll admit to taking it off to cool down a bit, but tried my best to have it on. I certainly wasn't 2 meters away from other fans, as there was 2 guys sitting in front of me.
    Nobody is laughing at anyone taking advice seriously, just like you shouldn’t laugh at someone for having their own thoughts and ideas on it and then ask where the consistency is - comparing situations and advice. The guys sitting in front of you presumably weren’t facing you.

Testimonial Due
    People who drunk generally speak more and louder. If they are infected they produce more droplets and infect more people. Why booze banned on a lot of flights now.

Quote Originally Posted by HibsGW View Post
    They’ve also said you don’t swear at any time or enter the stadium under the influence of alcohol at any time.
    They said foul language, not swearing. Again, what one person deems to be foul language another might not. I've met people who would have thought 'crap' was foul language. Stephen Fry says there is no such thing as bad language, just bad use of it. So that is open to interpretation.

Same with under the influence. I don't know what Hibs define that as and would say it's used on a case by case basis when people have clearly had too much to drink.

You can be prosecuted for DUI, and we know how the police defines that. But even they have altered their definition over the years as the limits have been changed.

There's no wiggle room or different way to interpret 'wear a mask at all times when in the stadium, including when seated.'

@hibs.net private member Moulin Yarns's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hibbysam View Post
    The council and government signed off on the seating plan though and the risk assessment therefore they deemed it a safe distance.
    Yes, it was signed off because everyone was told that they had to wear a mask. 😷
    There is no such thing as too much yarn, just not enough time.

Quote Originally Posted by howdenthehibby View Post
    The mask is NOT to protect you. That's never been the case.

Masks will not stop you from contracting the airborne virus. What it will do is limit the chances of you passing the virus onto others, if you have it (either asymptomaticly, or if you're knowingly hiding symptoms).

Washing your hands regularly, not touching your face, avoiding people who have it - or the very least asking them to wear a mask, is still the best way to avoid contracting it.

And don't assume that since you've been double-jabbed you are invincible. All it does is increase your immunity against the virus and it's many variations, and as such your body's ability to combat it. You can still catch it, but in all likelihood, it won't hospitalise you. Either you'll experience no symptoms, or you'll get the sniffles, or you'll feel **** for few days. And it you catch it - you can pass it on. But what won't happen is you won't end up on a ventilator, and if are fortunate enough to recover, the damage done to your body will significantly affect the quality of life for both yourself and those closest to you.

In addition, folk with conditions, such as asthma, long-term illness (or recovering from), the unfit / obese, smokers, heavy drinkers, diabetics etc are still at significantly more risk simply due to their conditions ; again - the vaccination will reduce that risk, but it won't alleviate it. This is no different to day to day for these people who have had to be extremely conscious since pre-covid times ; but it's inconceivable the risk increase due to covid for this section of society in these times.

@hibs.net private member
    As others have said, at this point hardly anyone is going to change their views on mask wearing, but saying people who are uncomfortable being amongst people who don’t care about the greater good and are willing to take the risk themselves, should stay at home is out of order.

It’s the universal reason why certain things will never improve due to the lowest common denominator remaining prominent.

True. I tried that excuse once, it didn't work.
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackSheep View Post
    As others have said, at this point hardly anyone is going to change their views on mask wearing, but saying people who are uncomfortable being amongst people who don’t care about the greater good and are willing to take the risk themselves, should stay at home is out of order.

It’s the universal reason why certain things will never improve due to the lowest common denominator remaining prominent.
    I'm afraid, as harsh as it may sound, it is just the reality of the situation. If people are expecting to turn up at Easter Road this season and see everyone wearing a mask they are going to be sadly disappointed.

Quote Originally Posted by Moulin Yarns View Post
    Yes, it was signed off because everyone was told that they had to wear a mask. 😷
    You know that for a fact?

Professional thread starter Diclonius's Avatar
    I have a BMI of >40 (working on it!) and, part thanks to the pandemic closing leisure centres and part getting into bad habits, don't exercise an awful lot. Yesterday after climbing three sets of stairs and to the top of the West Upper I was breathing out my arse.

I still managed to wear my mask all game. It's not hard, and unless you have a valid reason not to wear one, it's just plain selfish not to bother.

The mask Hibs sell from the club shop appears designed to help with breathing outside (at least from my experience wearing it yesterday and at the Arsenal game), and I would definitely recommend it if you can get one.

Copied from a friend.

I have been wearing a mask since we were first asked to do so and I will continue to do so when I feel it is necessary and until I feel it is ok to stop (based on the scientific evidence). I’m not sure why being considerate to others for the common good is now being mocked by some who are calling it “living in fear”, but it needs to stop!!!... When I wear a mask over my nose and mouth in public and in the stores/supermarkets/pharmacies etc - I want you to know the following:
    🟣 I'm educated enough to know that I could be asymptomatic and still give you the virus.
    🟣 I don't "live in fear" of the virus; I just want to be part of the solution, not the problem.
    🟣 I don't feel like the "government controls me". I feel like I'm an adult contributing to the security in our society and I want to teach others the same.
    🟣 If we could all live with the consideration of others in mind, the whole world would be a much better place.
    🟣 Wearing a mask doesn't make me weak, scared, stupid or "controlled". It makes me caring and responsible.
    🟣 When you think about your appearance, discomfort, or other people's opinion of you, imagine a loved one - a child, father, mother, grandparent, aunt, uncle or even a stranger - placed on a ventilator, alone without you or any family member allowed at their bedside.....Ask yourself if you could have helped them a little by wearing a mask.
    Copied from a friend, please feel free to do the same 😷 xx

Copied from a friend.

I have been wearing a mask since we were first asked to do so and I will continue to do so when I feel it is necessary and until I feel it is ok to stop (based on the scientific evidence). I’m not sure why being considerate to others for the common good is now being mocked by some who are calling it “living in fear”, but it needs to stop!!!... When I wear a mask over my nose and mouth in public and in the stores/supermarkets/pharmacies etc - I want you to know the following:
    🟣 I'm educated enough to know that I could be asymptomatic and still give you the virus.
    🟣 I don't "live in fear" of the virus; I just want to be part of the solution, not the problem.
    🟣 I don't feel like the "government controls me". I feel like I'm an adult contributing to the security in our society and I want to teach others the same.
    🟣 If we could all live with the consideration of others in mind, the whole world would be a much better place.
    🟣 Wearing a mask doesn't make me weak, scared, stupid or "controlled". It makes me caring and responsible.
    🟣 When you think about your appearance, discomfort, or other people's opinion of you, imagine a loved one - a child, father, mother, grandparent, aunt, uncle or even a stranger - placed on a ventilator, alone without you or any family member allowed at their bedside.....Ask yourself if you could have helped them a little by wearing a mask.
    Copied from a friend, please feel free to do the same 😷 xx
    Fantastic for your friend, doesn’t change the fact that the advice from outdoor football completely contradicts that of much worse settings such as pubs and restaurants - therefore I’ll continue to use my own judgement of when is dangerous and not.

@hibs.net private member jeffers's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hibbysam View Post
    Fantastic for your friend, doesn’t change the fact that the advice from outdoor football completely contradicts that of much worse settings such as pubs and restaurants - therefore I’ll continue to use my own judgement of when is dangerous and not.
    As has been pointed out wearing a mask isn’t about protecting you, it’s about protecting others.

Quote Originally Posted by jeffers View Post
    As has been pointed out wearing a mask isn’t about protecting you, it’s about protecting others.
    But, but but, I can make my own mind up 🙄

Quote Originally Posted by jeffers View Post
    I never said it was? I said I can make my own conclusions based on the advice being given for other, far worse settings. The same people telling you that you must wear a mask at all times in a football ground are telling you it’s safe not to in a boozer or restaurant and you are happy to listen to that and not question it and draw your own conclusions.

@hibs.net private member jeffers's Avatar
    But, but but, I can make my own mind up 🙄
    A common theme has been how fans are missing attending games in person, we are now being allowed to do so, is wearing a mask such a hardship ? Yes I find them a bit uncomfortable at times and worse so in this heat, but it seems a small sacrifice to make. Nor should people in at risk categories feel they can’t attend attend because some of their fellow fans want to use their own judgement about wearing a mask.

Unfortunately this pandemic has demonstrated that a sizeable element of the population are selfish ********s.