hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    @hibs.net private member Hibernianinc's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hibbysam View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You’ve went full circle, your saying rugby get more fans than football, even though that’s not true when comparing Euros to Lions. Both same %. As they were special cases as we’ve heard. Nothing to do with masks, and majority in murrayfield never wore masks either.
    No, I’m talking about Scotland, not the basket case that is England.

There was a massive debate, with petitions to the Scottish government for football to be treated the same as other outdoor events from April/May.

I’m suggesting that the attitude that the average football fan knows better and doesn’t need to follow the rules it at the root of the situation in Spring.

This thread is evidence of exactly that.

I repeat. If the club says wear a mask, wear one.

It is not difficult.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by BlackSheep View Post
    Outdoors and in an enclosed arena, in mostly the same spot for a prolonged period of time, among 100s of other people also in the same spot for that time, are different scenarios entirely.

Jason Leitch saying it doesn’t spread as well outdoors is more likely referring to situations where you are in a wide open space with free flowing air and are not staying out for 2 hours at a time!
    Same spot suitably distanced from others as confirmed by council/government. 100’s of others is irrelevant when there’s no one within suitable distance. Same spot likewise.

If you’re that concerned then maybe it’s time to take off the daft material masks and get yourself fitted for proper particle-stopping masks that actually protect the wearer.

Aye they might be more expensive but atleast you’ll no have to worry about what anyone else does.

Time to stop focusing on everybody else and focus on things you can do.

If that isn’t an option, maybe wait until there isn’t a single active covid case on the planet. Could be waiting a long time though.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibernianinc View Post
    Jeez.

After near on 1&1/2 years of p1sh and folk still don’t get it.

Unless you’re a virologist and have ‘new news’ wear a mask ffs.

Loads round me not bothering. See what that does for our numbers allowed in next round.

This post on it's own is enough to prove the point. Even if you don't agree you must surely realise that taking the piss out of SG restrictions is asking for trouble regarding stadium attendances being increased? Do what is asked and get back quick and safe.

There was a massive debate, with petitions to the Scottish government for football to be treated the same as other outdoor events from April/May.

I’m suggesting that the attitude that the average football fan knows better and doesn’t need to follow the rules it at the root of the situation in Spring.

It is not difficult.
    Who’s talking about England? Nobody. You said rugby gets more fans because they wear masks, which is completely untrue. That’s the be all and end all. Rugby (Lions vs Japan) and football (Euros at hampden) had the same % of fans, can you tell me since then where rugby has had more fans than football?

@hibs.net private member

It is not difficult.

Quote Originally Posted by CockneyRebel View Post
    This post on it's own is enough to prove the point. Even if you don't agree you must surely realise that taking the piss out of SG restrictions is asking for trouble regarding stadium attendances being increased? Do what is asked and get back quick and safe.
    They’re already taking the piss out of us (see those two huge 4000 seater stands laying empty while cramming everyone into two others) just to make a point.

@hibs.net private member
    I am 100% supportive of anyone who didn’t wear a mask tonight when seated - i put my one on when out my seat.

I have rigidly followed the Scot Gov guidance in the main until recently. Just because the Scot Gov say they are mandatory doesn’t mean they are right. I hope they see fans in stadiums across the country refusing to wear them when seated and accept that they don’t have the support of 80-90% of the Scottish population and change their stance accordingly.

The must accept public opinion here, this is a two way street.

Do I need to wear a mask when drinking my water or having something to eat ?

If anyone has been on a plane recently, it’s the same you are told to wear a mask but they bring food round and the whole plane sit eating with masks off for around 45 minutes ! That’s not including the trolley service or someone eating a pack of Pringles for 30 mins!

It doesn’t make sense. Don’t get me started on folk who wear masks wrong and never clean them.

I expect from August 9th (about 2.5 weeks away) masks won’t be needed at busier football stadiums and various other establishments - possibly asked to wear them on public transport.
    Last edited by GreenCastle; 22-07-2021 at 11:00 PM.

Do people not realise that it’s Hibs’ own decision about mask wearing at your seat? Very few other clubs have that rule. For instance last week at Raith you were only told to wear your mask when moving around the stadium.

So unless you’re now planning on taking all of your medical advice from a football club I’d stop trying to lecture people for not wearing a mask outside in the open.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Spanish_Kebab
    I’m sorry if I’m being stupid but if you are maintaining social distancing, what’s the point in wearing a mask. If 2m is deemed a safe distance what’s the need of a mask?

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenCastle View Post
    Do I need to wear a mask when drinking my water or having something to eat ?

If anyone has been on a plane recently, it’s the same you are told to wear a mask but they bring food round and the whole plane sit eating with masks off for around 45 minutes ! That’s not including the trolley service or someone eating a pack of Pringles for 30 mins!

It doesn’t make sense. Don’t get me started on folk who wear masks wrong and never clean them.

I expect from August 9th (about 2.5 weeks away) masks won’t be needed at busier football stadiums and various other establishments - possibly asked to wear them on public transport.
    Of course it makes sense, how can you eat with a mask on?

The principle there is you wear the mask unless it’s impractical to do so (i.e. if you need to eat or drink). That’s the same reason they’re not mandatory at your table in a pub or restaurant, it’s not because it’s safer there or that the virus doesn’t spread, but it’s an accepted risk so people can eat and drink.

Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    Of course it makes sense, how can you eat with a mask on?

The principle there is you wear the mask unless it’s impractical to do so (i.e. if you need to eat or drink). That’s the same reason they’re not mandatory at your table in a pub or restaurant, it’s not because it’s safer there or that the virus doesn’t spread, but it’s an accepted risk so people can eat and drink.
    Even in between eating and drinking they’re not mandatory for sitting inside. Therefore in between eating and drinking they shouldn’t be outside. It’s also extremely difficult to hurl abuse at an official and/or opposition team member comfortably with a mask on!

@hibs.net private member
    Sooner the masks are gone, the better.

Quote Originally Posted by .Sean. View Post
    They’re horrible to wear. If the vaccines are so amazing why should we all wear masks?

I’m t1 diabetic so in the ‘vulnerable’ category, when I tested positive I feared the worst symptoms even though I’ve had my jags. The first jag btw I was absolutely ****ed, floored, 100 x more unwell than when I had the apparent illness - but over the months I’ve complied and been double jabbed. I’m now double jabbed and I done so with the promise of getting ‘back to normality’ at events like last night we’ve all forsaken for 18 months. I was positive for covid last week and into the beginning of this week, the hottest week on record and I was imprisoned in my flat with symptoms of which I’ve had worse colds - I’d rather chance catching the devastating covid again than wear a mask.
    I'm surprised someone needs to ask what the benefits of wearing masks are ("if the vaccines are so amazing"). Whilst the vaccines are very effective, they aren't 100% effective so it is still possible to catch Covid-19 and need to be hospitalised, even if vaccinated. You said "when I tested positive I feared the worst symptoms even though I’ve had my jags" so you are obviously aware it can still be caught after being vaccinated and I imagine the reason your symptoms were so minor were because of the effectiveness of the vaccine so you should consider yourself lucky. You come across as quite unappreciative of the vaccines when it may well have saved your life from a highly contagious killer virus and quite frankly your post to me is bizarre. You said you felt 100 times worse after the vaccine than when you had the "apparent" illness. Chances are if you hadn't had the vaccine you'd have felt a heck of a lot worse with the virus and wouldn't now be so dismissive and describing it as an "apparent illness".

Okay so you have been vaccinated and only had minor effects of the virus however not everyone has been vaccinated, under 18s for example are not eligible, and that is one of the reasons for wearing a mask, to stop it from spreading to others who might not be as fortunate as you if they catch it. Chances are in a crowd of 4700 there would have been people with the virus who are asymptomatic and it really isn't that big an ask, if it potentially helps prevent the spread of the virus, even if the transmission outdoors is low risk. Are they really that horrible to wear? Maybe if more people had worn masks when they were meant to then the spead of the virus would have been less, fewer people would have been imprisoned in their flats and the return some sort of normality wouldn't have taken as long.

Your sarcastic description of "the devastating covid" is an insult to those who have been devastated by it.

I daresay that whatever I or anyone says won't make a difference, you and anyone with the same attitude have already made their mind up on whether or not they're going to wear a mask when asked by the club to.
    Last edited by 007; 23-07-2021 at 02:59 AM.

@hibs.net private member
    Even in between eating and drinking they’re not mandatory for sitting inside. Therefore in between eating and drinking they shouldn’t be outside. It’s also extremely difficult to hurl abuse at an official and/or opposition team member comfortably with a mask on!
    Actually I think you will find they are mandatory when not eating or drinking in an indoor setting.

Actually I think you will find they are mandatory when not eating or drinking in an indoor setting.
    They're not mandatory in an indoor hospitality setting whilst you are sitting at your table, even if you aren't eating or drinking.

https://www.gov.scot/publications/co...uestions-faqs/
    Last edited by Sir David Gray; 23-07-2021 at 06:33 AM.

Left by mutual consent!
    Can't believe people going ape about not wearing a bloomin mask!

Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevi_SOL View Post
    I’m sorry if I’m being stupid but if you are maintaining social distancing, what’s the point in wearing a mask. If 2m is deemed a safe distance what’s the need of a mask?
    We werent 2m apart. I wore my mask as much as I could. I struggled with the heat.. I had thought we were allowed to take it off when sitting down but after we were asked to wear it I did what I could.

Quote Originally Posted by Nevi_SOL View Post
    We weren’t 2m apart thought, there was someone sitting in one seat to the right just in front of me and the same to my dads left, they certainly were not 1m!

I wore my mask for the whole game, only moved it slightly when drinking my water then put it straight back on fully. I work in a gp surgery and can’t risk getting Covid as we have staff off with it and also on annual leave.

I'll think you'll find you're incorrect.

Quote Originally Posted by J.S View Post
    We werent 2m apart. I wore my mask as much as I could. I struggled with the heat.. I had thought we were allowed to take it off when sitting down but after we were asked to wear it I did what I could.
    The council and government signed off on the seating plan though and the risk assessment therefore they deemed it a safe distance.

@hibs.net private member TrinityHibs's Avatar
    The council and government signed off on the seating plan though and the risk assessment therefore they deemed it a safe distance.
    Did they assess with or without wearing masks?

Surely, in this context, the only thing that matters is wearing a mask at all times is part of Hibs' T&Cs for entry to the match.

You've entered into a contract with Hibs, and that includes wearing a mask at all times, when purchasing a ticket.

Anything else is irrelevant.

If you don't want to wear one for that length of time (an hour at most as you can step outside at HT), then don't go to the game.

@hibs.net private member
    I'm not complaining. Was just pointing out we werent 2m apart. I'd assume it was signed off with us wearing masks? Otherwise we would have been far more spaced out.

Quote Originally Posted by hibby rae View Post
    Surely, in this context, the only thing that matters is wearing a mask at all times is part of Hibs' T&Cs for entry to the match.

You've entered into a contract with Hibs, and that includes wearing a mask at all times, when purchasing a ticket.

If you don't want to wear one for that length of time (an hour at most as you can step outside at HT), then don't go to the game.
    It also says on the conditions of entry that you must not enter the stadium under the influence of alcohol. If anything else is irrelevant I'm guessing you've never done that?

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir David Gray View Post
    They're not mandatory in an indoor hospitality setting whilst you are sitting at your table, even if you aren't eating or drinking.

https://www.gov.scot/publications/co...uestions-faqs/
    Fair enough.

@hibs.net private member Hibernian Verse's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Since90+2 View Post
    It also says on the conditions of entry that you must not enter the stadium under the influence of alcohol. If anything else is irrelevant I'm guessing you've never done that?

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by hibby rae View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Since90+2 View Post
    And that’ll be that then I suppose 🤣