hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibernianinc View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Nope.

R rate was quite different then, far higher.

Rugby got better numbers at games than football did at that time because……

You fill in the blanks.
    It was an international test event - compare the numbers for the Euros and the Lions match, very similar % at pretty much the same time. It certainly wasn’t due to mask wearing as half of them never wore them - or were they sinking their pints through their masks? Your at it.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by BlackSheep View Post
    I felt pretty at risk with folk around coughing without masks on!!
    How have you lived for x amount of years? Have you been in the house that whole time? I couldn’t have felt any safer tonight. Precautions taken when congestion was likely (entering and leaving) and when ‘distanced’ in my seat not facing anyone felt totally fine.

First Team Breakthrough H113EE5's Avatar
    Jeez.

After near on 1&1/2 years of p1sh and folk still don’t get it.

Unless you’re a virologist and have ‘new news’ wear a mask ffs.

Loads round me not bothering. See what that does for our numbers allowed in next round.

I just don't understand why we can't have fans in the ff and South stand and have an extra 2,000 or so.

Quote Originally Posted by bingo70 View Post
    Wearing a mask outdoors for over a couple of hours would be very uncomfortable and is a big ask.

As for you complaint about a boy not wearing a mask, kids under 11 don’t need to and quite rightly so.

If it helps out your mind at ease at all, Jason Leitch has consistently said it doesn’t spread outdoors much at all.

If you felt unsafe by a child coughing outdoors you probably shouldn’t have gone to the game and you probably shouldn’t go to a shop or leave you’re house at all for that matter. There’s never going to be 100% compliance with masks so you’re going to need to learn to live with it at some point.
    Have to agree with this there is no need to be sitting for with a mask on outdoors in the fresh air...we don't have to do it anywhere else so why at the football?

I wore mine everytime I got up from my seat or if anyone was passing me but there is no need to have to sit with it on for 2 hours outdoors...nonsense

At Starks Park the tanoy guy said they were only needed when not in your seat.
    Where's the consistency?!

I took mine off whilst watching the game but wore it at all other times whilst moving around the stadium.

I don't see the problem with that at all.

I'm comfortable with my decision.
    Last edited by Sir David Gray; 22-07-2021 at 11:01 PM.

@hibs.net private member Hibernianinc's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hibbysam View Post
    It was an international test event - compare the numbers for the Euros and the Lions match, very similar % at pretty much the same time. It certainly wasn’t due to mask wearing as half of them never wore them - or were they sinking their pints through their masks? Your at it.
    Again, no.

You seem to think that not following the rules is ok, cause ‘you don’t fancy them’.

Numerous examples including the shambolic CF fiasco where football did not get treated the same.

But you keep ‘sticking it to the man’.

Didn't see many people near me wearing one during the game.

And I had four empty seats either side of me as well as those directly in front and behind, so I was relaxed about not bothering whilst in my seat. Different story if there had only been one empty seat either side.
    Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.

@hibs.net private member
    How have you lived for x amount of years? Have you been in the house that whole time? I couldn’t have felt any safer tonight. Precautions taken when congestion was likely (entering and leaving) and when ‘distanced’ in my seat not facing anyone felt totally fine.
    Good for you.

I’m diabetic so regardless of having had both vaccines, I still have a chance of a bad case of covid.

I’ve lived pretty damn well in my life and I don’t worry about catching a cold, but that’s not what we are tackling is it? It’s a global pandemic that has killed 1000s of people far a wide…!

Why should I or anyone for that matter have to put up with feeling even the slightest bit of concern cos there are so many who can’t follow simple rules?

I don’t know about you but this is the first pandemic I’ve lived through so why would I have been in the house all my life? We are in uncertain times still with this virus and complacency is creeping in with everyone… so yes, when someone within a couple of feet from me, coughs many many times during the evening, not wearing a mask, I will continue to feel uncomfortable!

Quote Originally Posted by Borderhibbie76 View Post
    Have to agree with this there is no need to be sitting for with a mask on outdoors in the fresh air...we don't have to do it anywhere else so why at the football?

I wore mine everytime I got up from my seat or if anyone was passing me but there is no need to have to sit with it on for 2 hours outdoors...nonsense
    I don’t see people wearing them at Portobello beach or sitting in leith links. If folk want to wear them fine - people will keep wearing them even when the government say you don’t have to wear them - England has shown this.

If people feel at risk probably best to avoid crowds like ER or shops etc as things start to open back up. Common sense really. Even the local shops not everyone wears one - but folk may be exempt like the G4S steward sitting at the front of the east stand not wearing one.

If you are really worried about someone coughing on you / near you go for a covid test in the next few days to be safe. They are free and easy to do so. Last thing we need is covid police being on here after every game.

@hibs.net private member
    Wearing a mask outdoors for over a couple of hours would be very uncomfortable and is a big ask.

As for you complaint about a boy not wearing a mask, kids under 11 don’t need to and quite rightly so.

If it helps out your mind at ease at all, Jason Leitch has consistently said it doesn’t spread outdoors much at all.

If you felt unsafe by a child coughing outdoors you probably shouldn’t have gone to the game and you probably shouldn’t go to a shop or leave you’re house at all for that matter. There’s never going to be 100% compliance with masks so you’re going to need to learn to live with it at some point.
    I said boy but it was an adult, boy was just my expression to say a male adult…. You now how some folk say boy, lad, guy, dude, man, person, etc when referring to one!

Jeez!

@hibs.net private member .Sean.'s Avatar
    They’re horrible to wear. If the vaccines are so amazing why should we all wear masks?

I’m t1 diabetic so in the ‘vulnerable’ category, when I tested positive I feared the worst symptoms even though I’ve had my jags. The first jag btw I was absolutely ****ed, floored, 100 x more unwell than when I had the apparent illness - but over the months I’ve complied and been double jabbed. I’m now double jabbed and I done so with the promise of getting ‘back to normality’ at events like last night we’ve all forsaken for 18 months. I was positive for covid last week and into the beginning of this week, the hottest week on record and I was imprisoned in my flat with symptoms of which I’ve had worse colds - I’d rather chance catching the devastating covid again than wear a mask.
    ''It's always been just part of the culture. Growing up, for most working-class kids, is all about football, music or clothes. You might not have much money, but whatever you have got, you're going to look good.'' - Paul Weller

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by bingo70;6628167 (1)[B
    If they’re not needed in the royal box at a packed Wimbledon they’re no needed at a limited capacity Easter road.[/B]

I wore mine when entering the stadium, going to the toilet and leaving the stadium. (2) I’ll certainly not be making any apologies for that.

Sitting over 2 hours outdoors with a mask on is too long.

(1) You do realise we are in a different country with different rules (at the moment)?
    It's not what you feel is right, it's what the SG say is the current rule. If the restrictions are not eased or are eased slower than you would like then it will be the fault of folk like you who decide to make their own rules. It could lead to longer suffering for all football supporters because of the selfish actions of the few. We all want to get back so don't spoil it for everyone else.

(2) That tells me I'm wasting my time on this post because you are past the point of reason. Obviously you know better than all the professional SG medical advisors who make these recommendations. You just have a personal opinion, which you are perfectly entitled to have, and you may even have a point, but you think that puts you above the law so you don't give a toss. It is the SG who will decide the next steps so don't make it easier for them to continue with low attendance allowances at football stadiums because "supporters" don't behave.

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    Good for you.

I’m diabetic so regardless of having had both vaccines, I still have a chance of a bad case of covid.

I’ve lived pretty damn well in my life and I don’t worry about catching a cold, but that’s not what we are tackling is it? It’s a global pandemic that has killed 1000s of people far a wide…!

Why should I or anyone for that matter have to put up with feeling even the slightest bit of concern cos there are so many who can’t follow simple rules?

I don’t know about you but this is the first pandemic I’ve lived through so why would I have been in the house all my life? We are in uncertain times still with this virus and complacency is creeping in with everyone… so yes, when someone within a couple of feet from me, coughs many many times during the evening, not wearing a mask, I will continue to feel uncomfortable!
    Sounds to me like you shouldn’t have gone tonight and you should avoid anywhere that has big groups of people outdoors.

Fwiw you have my sympathy as my wife is diabetic and she’s been extremely anxious, even after getting both her jags.

If you don’t feel safe going somewhere there’s a crowd of people then you shouldn’t go. As someone else says, there’s no requirement to wear them at the beach or at a park so why outdoors at a football match?

Again, no.

You seem to think that not following the rules is ok, cause ‘you don’t fancy them’.

Numerous examples including the shambolic CF fiasco where football did not get treated the same.

But you keep ‘sticking it to the man’.
    You’ve went full circle, your saying rugby get more fans than football, even though that’s not true when comparing Euros to Lions. Both same %. As they were special cases as we’ve heard. Nothing to do with masks, and majority in murrayfield never wore masks either.

Hibs wanted us to wear masks. I'm happy to wear one anyway, but given it was what the club wanted to happen I did just that.

Tbh I’m not sure why you need them while wat Hong the game …. What I would say is while a number of folk didn’t wear them watching the game nearly everyone put them on as they went onto the concourse or the toilet

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good for you.

If I don’t need to wear one sitting down inside in a pub or restaurant then there’s not a chance your telling me outside at the football is higher risk, not a chance. Think about it.

Quote Originally Posted by CockneyRebel View Post
    (1) You do realise we are in a different country with different rules (at the moment)?
    It's not what you feel is right, it's what the SG say is the current rule. If the restrictions are not eased or are eased slower than you would like then it will be the fault of folk like you who decide to make their own rules. It could lead to longer suffering for all football supporters because of the selfish actions of the few. We all want to get back so don't spoil it for everyone else.

(2) That tells me I'm wasting my time on this post because you are past the point of reason. Obviously you know better than all the professional SG medical advisors who make these recommendations. You just have a personal opinion, which you are perfectly entitled to have, and you may even have a point, but you think that puts you above the law so you don't give a toss. It is the SG who will decide the next steps so don't make it easier for them to continue with low attendance allowances at football stadiums because "supporters" don't behave.
    Jason leitch has consistently said it doesn’t spread outdoors.

I’ll wear a mask indoors until the cows come home but not outdoors when there’s no requirement to wear it outdoors anywhere else.

But yes, it’s fair to say you’re not going to change my mind on this one.

@hibs.net private member Hibernianinc's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenCastle View Post
    I don’t see people wearing them at Portobello beach or sitting in leith links. If folk want to wear them fine - people will keep wearing them even when the government say you don’t have to wear them - England has shown this.

If people feel at risk probably best to avoid crowds like ER or shops etc as things start to open back up. Common sense really. Even the local shops not everyone wears one - but folk may be exempt like the G4S steward sitting at the front of the east stand not wearing one.

If you are really worried about someone coughing on you / near you go for a covid test in the next few days to be safe. They are free and easy to do so. Last thing we need is covid police being on here after every game.
    There are a billion examples of inconsistency.

It’s not about that.

I’ve had COVID, been double vaxed, so have no personal concerns.

However, I can still carry it, and transmit it.

So, rightly or wrongly, if the club say you need to wear a mask in your seat, then do so.

surely if that’s too much for someone, then it’s them who should avoid the game?

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by .Sean. View Post
    They’re horrible to wear. If the vaccines are so amazing why should we all wear masks?

I’m t1 diabetic so in the ‘vulnerable’ category, when I tested positive I feared the worst symptoms even though I’ve had my jags. The first jag btw I was absolutely ****ed, floored, 100 x more unwell than when I had the apparent illness - but over the months I’ve complied and been double jabbed. I’m now double jabbed and I done so with the promise of getting ‘back to normality’ at events like last night we’ve all forsaken for 18 months. I was positive for covid last week and into the beginning of this week, the hottest week on record and I was imprisoned in my flat with symptoms of which I’ve had worse colds - I’d rather chance catching the devastating covid again than wear a mask.
    I’m glad you didn’t have a bad case when you tested positive, that’s good news.

The difficulty in how you’ve formed your opinion worries me as while you had covid and didn’t suffer as badly as you expected, what happens if you catch it again, a different strain and that time is worse?

But you’ll take that risk while also putting others at risk in the process?

Quote Originally Posted by CockneyRebel View Post

If those experts are telling me inside a pub/restaurant/any other confined places is less risk than outside at a football match where you won’t be face to face with anyone then absolutely, I’ll say I know better than them as that’s outrageous.

@hibs.net private member .Sean.'s Avatar
    I’m glad you didn’t have a bad case when you tested positive, that’s good news.

The difficulty in how you’ve formed your opinion worries me as while you had covid and didn’t suffer as badly as you expected, what happens if you catch it again, a different strain and that time is worse?

But you’ll take that risk while also putting others at risk in the process?
    What happens if I go out tomorrow and get food poisoning from the chippy? Or if I’m driving home from work and there’s a pile up on the A1? Or if I’m working in a panel and electrocute myself? Or my pal that’s a painter falls off his ladder?
    ''It's always been just part of the culture. Growing up, for most working-class kids, is all about football, music or clothes. You might not have much money, but whatever you have got, you're going to look good.'' - Paul Weller

If I don’t need to wear one sitting down inside in a pub or restaurant then there’s not a chance your telling me outside at the football is higher risk, not a chance. Think about it.
    It’s madness you’re having to even justify that.

I was in the Percy before the game, wore a mask to the toilet adn when entering/leaving the pub but not sat at my table when there were groups either side of me.

The idea that I would then stick on a mask outdoors when not sat next to people is crazy.

I also feel in wearing a mask it’s harder to speak and communicate with people, when one of those people is a kid and the other is a deaf pensioner there’s no way I’d sit the whole time wearing one.

Quote Originally Posted by Moulin Yarns View Post
    So you won't wear a mask, even if the law currently requires you to wear one. That might explain why there are still restrictions in the number of fans who can attend. 🙄
    Is it law to wear it sitting at an outside venue? Or just a condition of entry that Hibs put in? The latter is what they announced at the game.

Nearly every game I’ve watched on the telly, with fans, hardly anyone has been wearing a mask.

@hibs.net private member
    Jason leitch has consistently said it doesn’t spread outdoors.

I’ll wear a mask indoors until the cows come home but not outdoors when there’s no requirement to wear it outdoors anywhere else.

But yes, it’s fair to say you’re not going to change my mind on this one.
    Outdoors and in an enclosed arena, in mostly the same spot for a prolonged period of time, among 100s of other people also in the same spot for that time, are different scenarios entirely.

Jason Leitch saying it doesn’t spread as well outdoors is more likely referring to situations where you are in a wide open space with free flowing air and are not staying out for 2 hours at a time!

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Wore mine didn't think it was that uncomfortable. Surprised so many decided not to wear them.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by .Sean. View Post
    What happens if I go out tomorrow and get food poisoning from the chippy? Or if I’m driving home from work and there’s a pile up on the A1? Or if I’m working in a panel and electrocute myself? Or my pal that’s a painter falls off his ladder?
    Which of those examples affect anyone but you? Or your painter friend lol.

It’s madness you’re having to even justify that.

I was in the Percy before the game, wore a mask to the toilet adn when entering/leaving the pub but not sat at my table when there were groups either side of me.

The idea that I would then stick on a mask outdoors when not sat next to people is crazy.

I also feel in wearing a mask it’s harder to speak and communicate with people, when one of those people is a kid and the other is a deaf pensioner there’s no way I’d sit the whole time wearing one.
    I’m cautious in the main, inside especially, but also able to think for myself and think about what’s being asked and compare situations. Honestly, nobody other than 1 guy had a mask on around me tonight and I couldn’t have felt safer and ‘normal’. Mask on when leaving/entering and toilet breaks.