hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    @hibs.net private member nonshinyfinish's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cabbageandribs1875 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    borrowed from facebook

Attachment 24911
    I meant the average number of cards per game for refs generally. A red every other game certainly seems high, but it would be good to know 'normal' numbers for a ref.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member ian cruise's Avatar
    Worst overall refereeing performance I can think of. Possibly seen some worse one off decisions but it was just constant.

No control over the game, definitely danger of a player getting injured and you know if we'd dropped to Santa Coloma level regarding fouls we would have been punished though they were not.

I saw someone claiming they wouldn't be surprised if he had taken a bribe but the performance was so bad I don't even think that could be the case as it would have been so obvious.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by cabbageandribs1875 View Post
    saw the stats for his last 20 games

80 yellows and 10 reds
    Yellow cards is maybe a bit high but around what you'd expect. But a red card every 2 games!

He was properly bad. Able to laugh a little now but the club should be bringing up with UEFA. Some of their tackles were really nasty, and I'm amazed we haven't suffered any bad injuries.

Quote Originally Posted by ian cruise View Post
    Worst overall refereeing performance I can think of. Possibly seen some worse one off decisions but it was just constant.

No control over the game, definitely danger of a player getting injured and you know if we'd dropped to Santa Coloma level regarding fouls we would have been punished though they were not.

I saw someone claiming they wouldn't be surprised if he had taken a bribe but the performance was so bad I don't even think that could be the case as it would have been so obvious.

If not a bribe, maybe he'd seen the odds for Santa to win the game and had a wee score on it

@hibs.net private member Craig_HFC's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hibsbollah View Post
    Is that the Brebner red card game, 1-0 last minute O'Connor derby winner? Maybe 2001?
    August 2003.

I'm sure the boy who ran on to have a kick at the ref was a carer for someone in a wheelchair which meant that they had to leave too once the guy had been lifted.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex Trager View Post
    I thought the one with Porto breaking was the worst tbh. What he’s seen there I have no idea. A foul on RP goes to them
    He caught the guy with an elbow as he strode through, debatable but looked a bit like he knew what he was doing.

This guy is right up there but a Kilmarnock game at Easter Road with Charlie Richmond I think it was would be the worse. I seem to remember Allan Freeman having an absolute shocker too or I might be mixing them up. In terms of just absolutely losing the plot and control of the game.

@hibs.net private member overdrive's Avatar
    Out of interest, where are people seeing the highlights?

Quote Originally Posted by nonshinyfinish View Post
    I meant the average number of cards per game for refs generally. A red every other game certainly seems high, but it would be good to know 'normal' numbers for a ref.
    I'd guess 3 yellows and a red every 10 games.

Had a quick look and our Premier League averaged 1.64 cards per game last season.
    Last edited by Killiehibbie; 23-07-2021 at 02:57 PM.

@hibs.net private member Hibernian Verse's Avatar
    If you look up the refs stats he's refereed 4 internationals before, two of which are;

Andorra v Hungary (most recent March 21)
    Andorra v Kazakhstan

I'm no conspiracy theorist but he must have known a couple of the players from previous encounters...sent off a Kazakh player too.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibernian Verse View Post
    If you look up the refs stats he's refereed 4 internationals before, two of which are;

Andorra v Hungary
    Andorra v Kazakhstan

I'm no conspiracy theorist but he must have known a couple of the players from previous encounters...sent off a Kazakh player too.
    Seems a little odd to have so many games from such a small place. Maybe got holiday home there

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Quote Originally Posted by Skol View Post
    Did you not see freeland?
    Yeah. I think this boy was worse.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

Andorra v Kazakhstan

I saw that! I think that's a bit dodgy. There are a few of the Santa Colomo players in the Andorra team. I think Uefa messed up with that appointment.

Andorra v Kazakhstan

Lol, it was like he had some kind of leaning towards them, especially with the Newall tackle, it was like an opportunity presenting itself and he took it.

The tackle on Boyle in the 2nd half was worse and yet he showed a yellow which was utterly bizarre and he could have 'levelled' things up but didn't.

Also, he was very quick to pull up Boyle for diving as if he knew he had previous for it.

All in all, a pure trumpet of a referee whether he was bribed or not but something was undoubtedly odd about his appointment including the linos.

Anyway fxxx them.

Quote Originally Posted by Davy Mac View Post
    Lol, it was like he had some kind of leaning towards them, especially with the Newall tackle, it was like an opportunity presenting itself and he took it.

The tackle on Boyle in the 2nd half was worse and yet he showed a yellow which was utterly bizarre and he could have 'levelled' things up but didn't.

Also, he was very quick to pull up Boyle for diving as if he knew he had previous for it.

All in all, a pure trumpet of a referee whether he was bribed or not but something was undoubtedly odd about his appointment including the linos.

Anyway fxxx them.
    Before the red card, there was another lunge on Boyle in the first half as we were trying to counter which was only yellow. It's the inconsistency between those two bookings and the straight red for Newell that really annoyed me.
    Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by KWJ View Post
    He caught the guy with an elbow as he strode through, debatable but looked a bit like he knew what he was doing.

This guy is right up there but a Kilmarnock game at Easter Road with Charlie Richmond I think it was would be the worse. I seem to remember Allan Freeman having an absolute shocker too or I might be mixing them up. In terms of just absolutely losing the plot and control of the game.
    Richmond could be a bit flakey but he never came close in my experience to matching the levels of infuriating incompetence and attention seeking exhibited by Alan Freedland at home to Falkirk in Sept 2006. I remember it well as it was my daughter's first Hibs game - she would have been 3 and a bit and it was a Hibs Kids game with the atmosphere in the build up exuding a sense of fun and friendliness. At the time, both teams were known for playing good football and there was no bad blood in the fixture - and yet Freedland managed single handedly to turn the entire crowd into a seething mass of ill tempered indignation such that I can scarcely remember a more poisonous atmosphere at ER in all my time as a Hibs fan.

The Icelandic bloke was absolutely dreadful and maybe I feel differently because we still won the game handsomely, but Freedland, Hibs vs Falkirk still stands out for me as the nadir in terms of refereeing performances at ER.