hibs.net Messageboard

Page 96 of 586 FirstFirst ... 46869495969798106146196 ... LastLast
Results 2,851 to 2,880 of 17558
    Quote Originally Posted by madhatter View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think it shows that Scottish football is still more to do with physical qualities than it is to do with skill.

Look at the skill of Zoubir and compare that to most players in Scotland.

We need to do what Ron Gordon said, blend talent from overseas as it raises the standard of players here as well.

Ball control is still shocking here. Reliance on one foot is another thing I hate here. Pros that can't kick a ball with both feet...
    I like to think that he came here, had his wee spell under Fenlon and Butcher in the relegation team then left with resolve, steelier than ever, that football was to be played the right way.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Argylehibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by madhatter View Post
    I think it shows that Scottish football is still more to do with physical qualities than it is to do with skill.

Look at the skill of Zoubir and compare that to most players in Scotland.

We need to do what Ron Gordon said, blend talent from overseas as it raises the standard of players here as well.
    Ball control is still shocking here. Reliance on one foot is another thing I hate here. Pros that can't kick a ball with both feet...
    Scottish teams are either too physical or too naive when playing in Europe. Not sure about Aberdeen but the others have all had players sent off.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Magpie View Post
    I’m sure many people want St Johnstone to lose because we don’t want them having a financial advantage on us.
    Are you really serious, when did St Johnstone ever have a financial advantage over Hibs?

@hibs.net private member
    Just seen Joe Hart’s howler. Jeezo

Coaching Staff
    So at the end of the night normal service resumed, the OF are the only Scottish teams left in Europe, the rich get richer.

Left by mutual consent!
    Aberdeen were awful this evening. They realistically only have the Scottish Cup to salvage anything from this season.

Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lago View Post
    So at the end of the night normal service resumed, the OF are the only Scottish teams left in Europe, the rich get richer.
    Don't think sub £3m will make any headway in either of the Weeg Bank accounts tbh. They both wanted and needed CL football and the REAL riches it brings.

Quote Originally Posted by EI255 View Post
    Aberdeen were awful this evening. They realistically only have the Scottish Cup to salvage anything from this season.

Like Hearts and the league cup, the years are starting to rack up for Aberdeen and the SC. 30 years now? The ain't winning it any time soon. Cup hoodoos are a right hoot.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Argylehibby View Post
    Scottish teams are either too physical or too naive when playing in Europe. Not sure about Aberdeen but the others have all had players sent off.
    It would get better if referees didn't allow cloggers to ritually foul. Our refs are too lenient because they are lent on by teams like Hearts and Aberdeen.

@hibs.net private member O'Rourke3's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lucky View Post
    So what’s not to like?
    Thats two teams we struggle against no longer stretching their playing resource twice a week with a fair bit of travel on top. All they have now are the same cups and league as we do.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Scorrie View Post
    Just seen Joe Hart’s howler. Jeezo
    Not good. But not as funny as the own goal: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QRpJnnSYVb8

@hibs.net private member Hibernia&Alba's Avatar
    I hope the draw is exceptionally unkind to both the Old Firm.
    HIBERNIAN FC - ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF HISTORY SINCE 1875

Quote Originally Posted by EI255 View Post
    Don't think sub £3m will make any headway in either of the Weeg Bank accounts tbh. They both wanted and needed CL football and the REAL riches it brings.

Only if they both lose all their games and refuse their split if the TV revenues.

Quote Originally Posted by Cat Stanton View Post
    Not good. But not as funny as the own goal: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QRpJnnSYVb8
    Reminds me of myself playing fives

@hibs.net private member Argylehibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JimBHibees View Post
    It would get better if referees didn't allow cloggers to ritually foul. Our refs are too lenient because they are lent on by teams like Hearts and Aberdeen.
    Yeah I’ve said for years that old firm players get away with murder in domestic games and then need to play to the same rules as everyone else when in Europe. It can’t be easy to adjust.

Are you really serious, when did St Johnstone ever have a financial advantage over Hibs?
    They are beating us to trophies without European money, imagine what they would do with it. People who wanted Aberdeen and St Johnstone to lose tonight only had Hibs best interests at heart.

They are beating us to trophies without European money, imagine what they would do with it. People who wanted Aberdeen and St Johnstone to lose tonight only had Hibs best interests at heart.
    Aberdeen aren't. Hibs best interests for me are long term more places in Europe so we can get there more often. How we spend that is our issue not other teams.

Less teams and ranking in Europe means qualifying less and starting from a lower entry point when we do. The OF are guaranteed CL at the moment and even dropping through the comps means ECL group stage minimum.

It's a bit like wanting Celtic or Rangers to beat Hearts in the cup in the early rounds. We all have a laugh but make our own chances a lot less.

Quote Originally Posted by Wakeyhibee View Post
    Aberdeen aren't. Hibs best interests for me are long term more places in Europe so we can get there more often. How we spend that is our issue not other teams.

Less teams and ranking in Europe means qualifying less and starting from a lower entry point when we do. The OF are guaranteed CL at the moment and even dropping through the comps means ECL group stage minimum.

It's a bit like wanting Celtic or Rangers to beat Hearts in the cup in the early rounds. We all have a laugh but make our own chances a lot less.
    So you are basically telling me you would like Aberdeen and St Johnstone to get an extra few million pound than us so we could attempt to finish above them for another 2nd/3rd qualifying round in the Conference League?

So you are basically telling me you would like Aberdeen and St Johnstone to get an extra few million pound than us so we could attempt to finish above them for another 2nd/3rd qualifying round in the Conference League?
    Weve had circa £4m per season extra than the saints cor years has that made a difference?

Aberdeen have spent more than us for years, how many more cup wins has that got them?

What's the point in playing in a league you cant win to qualify for a euro comp less than is possible now, and with less money expect to compete in it from a lower starting point?

Yes I would like more places in Europe to stay. If St Johnstone got £4m extra that would put them on a par with us for 1 season.

Conversely, if we finish 5th you would rather see us not qualify for Europe?
    Last edited by Wakeyhibee; 26-08-2021 at 09:58 PM.

Weve had circa £4m per season extra than the saints cor years has that made a difference?

Aberdeen have spent more than us for years, how many more cup wins has that got them?

What's the point in playing in a league you cant win to qualify for a euro comp less than is possible now, and with less money expect to compete in it from a lower starting point?

Yes I would like more places in Europe to stay. If St Johnstone got £4m extra that would put them on a par with us for 1 season.

Conversely, if we finish 5th you would rather see us not qualify for Europe?
    So if you concede we will never compete with the top two, surely it’s better for us for those two to do well (very likely considering they have the fall back of conference league) and the other clubs to get binned. They don’t get the money and the top two help our coefficient. We are highly unlikely to move much higher or fall any lower than where we are.

Quote Originally Posted by hibbysam View Post
    So if you concede we will never compete with the top two, surely it’s better for us for those two to do well (very likely considering they have the fall back of conference league) and the other clubs to get binned. They don’t get the money and the top two help our coefficient. We are highly unlikely to move much higher or fall any lower than where we are.
    If you want Scottish football to go backwards yes that's ideal. With less money thst will come from not being involved we will be limited to what we can pay and ask richer clubs £4m for the likes of Doig.

It's not like we ever finish bottom 6 or get relegated, we're pretty safe top 6.

Edit: if you mean in European terms, theres a good chance we could go back to 1CL and 3ECL (no EL) in 2 seasons.
    Last edited by Wakeyhibee; 26-08-2021 at 10:32 PM.

Exactly. Dearie me.

If you want Scottish football to go backwards yes that's ideal. With less money thst will come from not being involved we will be limited to what we can pay and ask richer clubs £4m for the likes of Doig.

It's not like we ever finish bottom 6 or get relegated, we're pretty safe top 6.
    We have more chance of being involved than we would had Aberdeen won tonight. The old firm will do enough to carry on our coefficient to stay where we are, we aren’t going to catch the top 6/7 and we aren’t going to drop any lower.

Third place with one of them/us winning the cup gets us guaranteed group stage football next season. We have a much higher chance with Aberdeen not getting £4m+ than them getting that.

You think we could drop to 16th within 2 years? Sorry but that’s absolutely mental, especially when we are almost guaranteed 2 (but most likely 3) group stage teams next season.

Quote Originally Posted by Bishop Hibee View Post
    Rijeka 0-2 PAOK full time. Emphasises how far off reaching the group stage of any European competition we are. Add in Saintees and Sheep being pumped and Rantic squeezing through despite the tens of millions they’ve spent and it’s a sobering evening for Scottish football.
    But hardly a surprising evening for Scottish football? Just more of the usual for our clubs in Europe really.

Quote Originally Posted by 660 View Post
    Spare a thought for Tom English who will only be able to muster a halfhearted evening tug over budge in that maroon tartan outfit.
    A heartfelt evening tug over Budge🙄...please keep ìt clean....this is a family show 😂😂

Jack Ross supposedly wants McCart from St Johnstone and them getting knocked out tonight has greatly increased our chances of getting him. I was therefore glad they got knocked out.

Cormack announced last week that Aberdeen would be ramping up their wages, despite him continually pleading poverty last year. Don't know if they've plugged the £6m hole he'd been greeting about but they regularly get sizeable investment pumped into them. I therefore didn't want them getting £3m+ from qualifying tonight and was delighted they didn't.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Iggy Pope View Post
    Qarabaq make me think of Dave Dee Dozy Beaky Mick and Titch.
    😄 that took me back 👍🏻

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Orchard_Hibs View Post
    Is the boy zoubir the ex hibs player?
    Fenlon signed him on loan. He had been a Futsal player. Looked the part, then our Terry came in and didn’t fancy him
    He spent a bit of the season out with an injury, and then couldn’t get back in the team

Quote Originally Posted by Iggy Pope View Post
    Qarabaq make me think of Dave Dee Dozy Beaky Mick and Titch.
    which in turn makes me think of getting ready for school about 7am in a cold hoose on a winters day with Zabarak on Radio 1.

@hibs.net private member Callum_62's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: 0083-4364-6418-4974
    Davidson was also disappointed with Uefa’s choice of a German referee for the Perth clash. He added: “I was surprised UEFA gave us a German referee for a game against an Austrian team - that’s like us getting an Irish or a Welsh one. I told my*staff beforehand to be careful with the officials, because they and the Austrians would understand each other.”

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk