hibs.net Messageboard

Page 272 of 586 FirstFirst ... 172222262270271272273274282322372 ... LastLast
Results 8,131 to 8,160 of 17558
    @hibs.net private member green day's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach Jon View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    They analysed it to death on TV, freeze frame etc, replays show that Kyogo is level with his teammate and therefore marginally behind the ball when it is squared to him. The goal was good although it was tight enough to give the panel and the caveman something to cling on to.

Unless some other angle emerges, I am not sure what Neilson is on about. At the time I thought it was a cracking run and finish by him, and I was sure he was level.

I may be wrong, but I genuinely havent seen an angle to disprove that.

I do have sympathy with Hearts on Madden stopping the match when Jota injured himself............this seems to be an annoying trend of stopping matches even for non-headknocks.

Neilson was, however, also going radge about GMS falling over his own feet - he really needs to pick his battles.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Coaching Staff
    For all the plaudits Celtic are getting, that’s twice now that I’ve seen them struggle against teams that are bold enough to have a go, Dundee United and now Hearts (at Parkhead). Yes they were slick, but put that back line of theirs under pressure they concede chances and goals. The centre half area is weak, something I hope Jack has taken note of. Press, be compact, but go through their middle. I thought Hearts were excellent second half when they threw caution to the wind. First half they were dreadful due to standing off them and allowing them to dominate the ball.

They analysed it to death on TV, freeze frame etc, replays show that Kyogo is level with his teammate and therefore marginally behind the ball when it is squared to him. The goal was good although it was tight enough to give the panel and the caveman something to cling on to.
    The fact they never put a line up on the screen tells me it’s clearly offside - they do it with just about every other decision and it’s not hard to do. Don’t need VAR to do that.

Quote Originally Posted by green day View Post

Unless some other angle emerges, I am not sure what Neilson is on about. At the time I thought it was a cracking run and finish by him, and I was sure he was level.

I may be wrong, but I genuinely havent seen an angle to disprove that.

I do have sympathy with Hearts on Madden stopping the match when Jota injured himself............this seems to be an annoying trend of stopping matches even for non-headknocks.

Neilson was, however, also going radge about GMS falling over his own feet - he really needs to pick his battles.
    Never mind just stopping the game, he gave Celtic the baw back tae 😂 madden doing what he did in our cup tie. Unbelievable.

It's funny for us but Kyogo is definitely offside. You can see from the cut of the grass that his left foot is definitely ahead of the ball. The linesman should catch that easily - it's a shocker.

Rich of course from Neilson to complain, as Celtic had a perfectly good goal disallowed for offside at Tynie and Halliday should have been red carded too.

Interesting though that we have Hibs on Wednesday and then Hearts on Thursday penalised for taking throw ins from the wrong position. No warning to take a few steps back and re-take. No - instead the throw ins are awarded to Rangers and Celtic instead. This type of thing you never see unless its the bigot brothers involved. It's a disgrace.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyler Durden View Post
    It's funny for us but Kyogo is definitely offside. You can see from the cut of the grass that his left foot is definitely ahead of the ball. The linesman should catch that easily - it's a shocker.

Rich of course from Neilson to complain, as Celtic had a perfectly good goal disallowed for offside at Tynie and Halliday should have been red carded too.

Interesting though that we have Hibs on Wednesday and then Hearts on Thursday penalised for taking throw ins from the wrong position. No warning to take a few steps back and re-take. No - instead the throw ins are awarded to Rangers and Celtic instead. This type of thing you never see unless its the bigot brothers involved. It's a disgrace.
    Both refs should be made to explain their decisions and why they don't apply the rule in every game.

Quote Originally Posted by truehibernian View Post
    For all the plaudits Celtic are getting, that’s twice now that I’ve seen them struggle against teams that are bold enough to have a go, Dundee United and now Hearts (at Parkhead). Yes they were slick, but put that back line of theirs under pressure they concede chances and goals. The centre half area is weak, something I hope Jack has taken note of. Press, be compact, but go through their middle. I thought Hearts were excellent second half when they threw caution to the wind. First half they were dreadful due to standing off them and allowing them to dominate the ball.
    My concern is the way Hibs set up seems to play to Celtics strengths. They absolutely outclassed us at Easter Road. I always feel we play well against Rangers and Celtic have our number. I would much prefer to be playing them rather than Celtic in the final. I am not confident about it at all.

Testimonial Due

Found this over on Keekback!
    Not even close to being onside!!!
    Hard luck????

@hibs.net private member O'Rourke3's Avatar
    Depends when the Jambo froze the photo. That could easily after the point the ball was kicked and unlikely it's precisely the point when it was struck. I don't love the advantage that the uglies get from officials generally but Jambos are fast enough to gloat when perfectly good goals against them are dismissed by a similar group of officials.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by where'stheslope View Post

Hard luck????
    That looks like from the last defender, not the far edge of the ball

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by truehibernian View Post
    I really hope that Jack Ross has paid attention to this.

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by O'Rourke3 View Post
    Depends when the Jambo froze the photo. That could easily after the point the ball was kicked and unlikely it's precisely the point when it was struck. I don't love the advantage that the uglies get from officials generally but Jambos are fast enough to gloat when perfectly good goals against them are dismissed by a similar group of officials.
    It looks to me like the ball is at his foot, I'm sure the ball travels faster than a player?
    As for advantages they get, at least 3 times Kyogo has thrown himself to the ground, sooner or later someone is going to be sent off for his antics, I just hope its not us?
    And with the final coming up, I'm worried it could be us!!!

Hard luck????
    Pleasing

Any news on Jota? Him being out of the final would be a massive boost.

What was with the Goon Brigades hatred towards Barry McKay?

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Since452 View Post
    Any news on Jota? Him being out of the final would be a massive boost.
    May be wrong however if they genuinely were three hamstring injuries they will all be struggling to play two weeks on Sunday imo.

Quote Originally Posted by I'm Spartacus View Post
    He's ex-Rangers.

@hibs.net private member green day's Avatar

Hard luck????
    Do they have any pictures of chalked off goals from Hibs strikers?

No sympathy with those muppets.

I am just annoyed with Forrest as - had he taken that tap in with 5 minutes to go - my bet builder would have come in. Useless tit.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Don't think they were impressed by his hairstyle.

No doubt his former team.

Sure he scored a couple of crackers for Rangers against them. Either that or his appalling haircut

Quote Originally Posted by Sir David Gray View Post
    He's ex-Rangers.
    Quote Originally Posted by JimBHibees View Post
    Don't think they were impressed by his hairstyle.

No doubt his former team.
    Quote Originally Posted by Since452 View Post
    Sure he scored a couple of crackers for Rangers against them. Either that or his appalling haircut
    I've always thought he was ex-Inverness! That explains it then haha, ironically hit with an orange bottle too.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibee_easty
    I've always thought he was ex-Inverness! That explains it then haha, ironically hit with an orange bottle too.
    You’re thinking of Billy McKay

Scored a screamer in the semi against them, which they won on penalties, not sure how the final went though.

Yep, that's what it is, 'clinging on'. It was hardly a 'controversial decision'. Tight yes, but definitely onside. The Hearts player trying to cut out the cross plays him on - a fact which alone negates any debate about the players in the box.

Quote Originally Posted by easty View Post
    You’re thinking of Billy McKay
    Haha what a *****! Thanks :)

Quote Originally Posted by He's here! View Post
    Yep, that's what it is, 'clinging on'. It was hardly a 'controversial decision'. Tight yes, but definitely onside. The Hearts player trying to cut out the cross plays him on - a fact which alone negates any debate about the players in the box.
    He definitely wasn’t onside.

@hibs.net private member Alfred E Newman's Avatar
    Watching a bit of the Inverness v Killie game and the quality of football is absolutely dreadful.
    Back to the second half of Corrie, can’t be any worse!

@hibs.net private member eastterrace's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Alfred E Newman View Post
    Watching a bit of the Inverness v Killie game and the quality of football is absolutely dreadful.
    Agree standard is terrible.

@hibs.net private member AFKA5814_Hibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Alfred E Newman View Post
    Looking at league table, its very much a league split in two. Top 5 separated by 4 points, then a huge gap where bottom 5 are separated by only 1 point.

Left by mutual consent! Iggy Pope's Avatar
    Fulham v Bournemouth on Sky has been great.
    1-1 late on.