hibs.net Messageboard

 

Page 176 of 273 FirstFirst ... 76126166174175176177178186226 ... LastLast
Results 5,251 to 5,280 of 8161
  1. #5251
    Testimonial Due Pagan Hibernia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    The land of winter
    Posts
    1,969
    Quote Originally Posted by Dazzling Doidge View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Correct me if I am wrong, but last time Hearts were top after 8 games they got relegated right?
    almost but not quite. It was the 2018/19 season, the one before they got relegated. They did however go into free fall in the autumn of that year and their miserable league form continued for a good 18 months, culminating in their relegation.


  2. Log in to remove the advert

  3. #5252
    Coaching Staff hibsbollah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Age
    51
    Posts
    28,323
    Clear pen not given in the Torino Derby. Cuadrado clearly pushed, no VAR referral. 0-0. Not sure how I feel about supporting a team in that colour shirt.

  4. #5253
    @hibs.net private member Lancs Harp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Lytham St Annes
    Age
    57
    Posts
    5,692
    Half time Sassoulo 1 Inter 0 after 45 mins. Great effort from Sassoulo in the first half.

    Nice CCS turnout

  5. #5254
    @hibs.net private member Lancs Harp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Lytham St Annes
    Age
    57
    Posts
    5,692
    1-1 Inter Dzeko scores within seconds of coming on.

  6. #5255
    Quote Originally Posted by CMurdoch View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Watched the Hearts game today ....well most of it.
    They played well in the 1st half knocking the ball about but Kelly sold the jerseys by giving away a ridiculous unnecessary penalty right at the start.
    Kingsley then scored from a great free kick. Hibs badly need a free kick taker like that.
    At half time I fell asleep waking up half way through the second half to see a changed Motherwell taking the game to Hearts.
    Motherwell looked good but couldn't score. Nine decent teams in the top league this season.
    I too watched the yams game and I thought Motherwell deserved at least a point. If they didn't have Gordon in goals, the yams would be in trouble right now.

    Theyre all creaming themselves over the guy from Everton but to me he looks bang average and not a patch on JDH or Allan. They'll be bottom six this season.

  7. #5256
    Quote Originally Posted by Mickey Weir View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I too watched the yams game and I thought Motherwell deserved at least a point. If they didn't have Gordon in goals, the yams would be in trouble right now. Theyre all creaming themselves over the guy from Everton but to me he looks bang average and not a patch on JDH or Allan. They'll be bottom six this season.
    They wont be bottom six any more than we will. They as as many wins so far as the bottom 5 clubs combined. I don't think Hearts are anything special, but you really don't need to be to finish top 6. Which they will easily be.

  8. #5257
    @hibs.net private member McSwanky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    2,391
    Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    They wont be bottom six any more than we will. They as as many wins so far as the bottom 5 clubs combined. I don't think Hearts are anything special, but you really don't need to be to finish top 6. Which they will easily be.
    Yup. Gordon will be the main reason for that, Celtc were mad to let him go.

  9. #5258
    Coaching Staff hibsbollah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Age
    51
    Posts
    28,323
    Watching the hearts highlights, firstly, watching the opening penalty again itís clear Kelly hadnít judged the moisture on the surface properly and the slide turned into a slip, which is why he clipped him. A bit unlucky. Nice distribution on show, lovely save from bigimame and a pen save so not sure why heís being criticised.

    Gordonís saves were mostly routine.

  10. #5259
    Testimonial Due Pagan Hibernia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    The land of winter
    Posts
    1,969
    Quote Originally Posted by Mickey Weir View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I too watched the yams game and I thought Motherwell deserved at least a point. If they didn't have Gordon in goals, the yams would be in trouble right now.

    Theyre all creaming themselves over the guy from Everton but to me he looks bang average and not a patch on JDH or Allan. They'll be bottom six this season.
    Not a chance theyíll be bottom 6

  11. #5260
    Coaching Staff SMAXXA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    6,103
    Hearts have started well and deserve credit but, and this hasnít got anything to do with me being a Hibs fan, the have carried quite a bit of luck so far this season. Also not had injury troubles you seen today when Hackett went off they looked dodgey at the back and Motherwell started getting chances. Think Souter was missing no idea why but the boy Moore I think it was looked pretty poor Tony Watt roasted him a few times rolling his body etc. Beni looks a good player does the simple things well which in itself is a really important attribute. Heís being slightly overhyped IMO and seen nothing from the Australian boy today that stood out, actually thought he looked very lightweight and would get bullied a lot in this league. McKay another one who was bang average again today, they have good options out wide which I think will help them alot over the season (Ginnelly, Walker, GMS etc). Lose Boyce from the team and they will struggle big time, the big 7 foot guy doesnít look much cope from what I have seen.

    They are defo a better and more attractive team too watch this season so deserve credit but itís what 8 games in. Motherwell handed hearts the game today with bad mistakes and they didnít play well enough IMO.

    We have done well very well considering the injuries to key players we have had, everyone back fit and available and I honestly donít have any concerns that hearts will outperform us this season.

    Just my tuppence worth.

  12. #5261
    @hibs.net private member Jim44's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Age
    74
    Posts
    19,920
    Blog Entries
    1
    Itís amusing to refer to the Aberdeen Celtic game today as a mid-table clash.

  13. #5262
    Testimonial Due
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Livingston
    Posts
    1,687
    Quote Originally Posted by SMAXXA View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Hearts have started well and deserve credit but, and this hasnít got anything to do with me being a Hibs fan, the have carried quite a bit of luck so far this season. Also not had injury troubles you seen today when Hackett went off they looked dodgey at the back and Motherwell started getting chances. Think Souter was missing no idea why but the boy Moore I think it was looked pretty poor Tony Watt roasted him a few times rolling his body etc. Beni looks a good player does the simple things well which in itself is a really important attribute. Heís being slightly overhyped IMO and seen nothing from the Australian boy today that stood out, actually thought he looked very lightweight and would get bullied a lot in this league. McKay another one who was bang average again today, they have good options out wide which I think will help them alot over the season (Ginnelly, Walker, GMS etc). Lose Boyce from the team and they will struggle big time, the big 7 foot guy doesnít look much cope from what I have seen.

    They are defo a better and more attractive team too watch this season so deserve credit but itís what 8 games in. Motherwell handed hearts the game today with bad mistakes and they didnít play well enough IMO.

    We have done well very well considering the injuries to key players we have had, everyone back fit and available and I honestly donít have any concerns that hearts will outperform us this season.

    Just my tuppence worth.
    Agree with most of what you say, they are not as good as their position says?
    Over the years most of the other teams had them down as hammer throwers, but in the last 2 games they have played against giants in comparison and seem to cope pretty well with it.
    When Halket was taken off yesterday it showed that they had lack of height from corners as Well seemed to win most of them.
    This could be their Achilles heal in the future!!!

  14. #5263
    Not sure what result I want to see at Aberdeen today🤔 Draw maybe best overall.

  15. #5264
    @hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Amityville
    Posts
    35,759
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim44 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Itís amusing to refer to the Aberdeen Celtic game today as a mid-table clash.
    Aberdeen are currently ninth how is that mid table.

  16. #5265
    Quote Originally Posted by hibsbollah View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Watching the hearts highlights, firstly, watching the opening penalty again it’s clear Kelly hadn’t judged the moisture on the surface properly and the slide turned into a slip, which is why he clipped him. A bit unlucky. Nice distribution on show, lovely save from bigimame and a pen save so not sure why he’s being criticised.

    Gordon’s saves were mostly routine.
    Re Kelly.
    I thought Motherwell could help us by getting a draw yesterday so the early penalty was a nooooooooooooo shout at Kelly moment.
    The great free kick goal compounded that but I didn't blame him for not saving it. Game gone in the flash of an eye,
    I fell asleep at half time and didn't wake up until the last quarter so missed and didn't know about his penalty save.

  17. #5266
    @hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Amityville
    Posts
    35,759
    Quote Originally Posted by hibsbollah View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Watching the hearts highlights, firstly, watching the opening penalty again itís clear Kelly hadnít judged the moisture on the surface properly and the slide turned into a slip, which is why he clipped him. A bit unlucky. Nice distribution on show, lovely save from bigimame and a pen save so not sure why heís being criticised.

    Gordonís saves were mostly routine.
    Kelly was awful for the free kick jumped left leaving a huge gap on his side for a free kick not really in the corner.

  18. #5267
    @hibs.net private member HH81's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Age
    40
    Posts
    11,008
    Celtic should be 1 up. Free header from corner wide.
    Cougars!!!

  19. #5268
    @hibs.net private member HH81's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Age
    40
    Posts
    11,008
    Now 1 -0.

    Aberdeen poor at the back.
    Cougars!!!

  20. #5269
    Jeez Aberdeen defending is horrible

  21. #5270
    @hibs.net private member
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Age
    34
    Posts
    1,383
    What a ball from turnbull

  22. #5271
    @hibs.net private member Green Reaper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    surrounded by o/f gloryhunters
    Age
    56
    Posts
    844
    1-0 celtc

  23. #5272
    @hibs.net private member Green Reaper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    surrounded by o/f gloryhunters
    Age
    56
    Posts
    844
    Been all tic, Aberdeen are pretty dire

  24. #5273
    @hibs.net private member jeffers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Age
    54
    Posts
    3,889
    Bates never impressed me at the Huns. Still doesnít.

  25. #5274
    @hibs.net private member BILLYHIBS's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Sleepy Hollow
    Posts
    15,746
    Green Brigade spouting their pish as per

  26. #5275
    So many folk up in arms about the signings Aberdeen were making. They look a very poor side.

  27. #5276
    @hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Age
    54
    Posts
    21,367
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyser Sauzee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    What a ball from turnbull
    Terrible defending though.

  28. #5277
    @hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Amityville
    Posts
    35,759
    Quote Originally Posted by Since452 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    So many folk up in arms about the signings Aberdeen were making. They look a very poor side.
    Central defence are poor a wee bit surprised Gallagher been replaced so quickly given brought in though appreciate he didn't have a great season last season. Don't think mccrorie a great central defender either even though good athletically.

  29. #5278
    @hibs.net private member Heisenberg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    10,348
    David Bates continues to look like the absolute donkey that he is. Horrible defending.

  30. #5279
    @hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Amityville
    Posts
    35,759
    Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Hibee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Terrible defending though.
    Yep

  31. #5280
    First Team Regular
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Location
    Dunfermline/London
    Posts
    857
    Starfelt is so bad.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
hibs.net ©2020 All Rights Reserved
- Mobile Leaderboard (320x50) - Leaderboard (728x90)