hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Euro Winners?

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    England have got an incredible squad.

They started without Foden, Grealish, Sancho or Rashford last night, Dominic Calvert Lewin didn’t even make the 23.

Arguably not as strong elsewhere but hardly shabby in midfield or defence.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Sean1875's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JeMeSouviens View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If they can put out their best 11, Belgium would still be favourites I think. Italy look good, Denmark are on a mission and England are very solid. It's pretty open, tbh.
    Thats the problem for them next round, Martinez said both De Bruyne and Hazard are both out of the Italy game, makes things a lot harder for them!

@hibs.net private member duffers's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jacomo View Post
    Why?

He’s the best manager England have had since Venables.
    Team selection mainly. That England squad is the best at the tournament, especially now that France are out so if he is in anyway a good manager, they will win it.

They have been given an easy route to the final, although they were also given an easy route at the World Cup 3 years ago and flopped. Im not actually sure what he’s actually ever done to get the plaudits he is getting?

Last night was a good result, admittedly, but it’s not a great German side. The game changed when he brought grealish on, a player he bizarrely seems reluctant to play. I’m not sure that defensive approach would work if they were to come up against Italy in the final, and I hope I’m right 😆

@hibs.net private member One Day Soon's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: 4 PSN ID: 6 Wii Code: 5
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean1875 View Post
    Thats the problem for them next round, Martinez said both De Bruyne and Hazard are both out of the Italy game, makes things a lot harder for them!
    Hmm, not sure there isn't a little Jamboesque 'all of our players are dead or dying' stuff going on there.

Money on Italy but I'm thinking Denmark might win in the end. Great if they beat England.

@hibs.net private member Bristolhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by heretoday View Post
    Money on Italy but I'm thinking Denmark might win in the end. Great if they beat England.
    That would be outstanding.

Do it for Christian!

J

I think Southgate's a good manager, and a pretty honest one at that, for me he doesn't get drawn into the usual 'we should beat that lot' attitude that a lot of England pundits and fans have. A lot of teams this tournament have been blooding in younger less experienced players to replace the old stalwarts and in years to come I reckon it will really pay off. Spain are a good example of that, for me Pedri looks a class act and Morata will come good. It's quite hard to see past Belgium as the outright winners, their firepower is formidable providing they all stay fit. I was really impressed with Italy in the group stages, not so much in the knockout, but they still came through. Denmark certainly have a chance, they seem to be getting stronger every game.

@hibs.net private member One Day Soon's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: 4 PSN ID: 6 Wii Code: 5
    Quote Originally Posted by ekhibee View Post
    I think Southgate's a good manager, and a pretty honest one at that, for me he doesn't get drawn into the usual 'we should beat that lot' attitude that a lot of England pundits and fans have. A lot of teams this tournament have been blooding in younger less experienced players to replace the old stalwarts and in years to come I reckon it will really pay off. Spain are a good example of that, for me Pedri looks a class act and Morata will come good. It's quite hard to see past Belgium as the outright winners, their firepower is formidable providing they all stay fit. I was really impressed with Italy in the group stages, not so much in the knockout, but they still came through. Denmark certainly have a chance, they seem to be getting stronger every game.
    Morata is good but if a butterfly lands on the stadium gates he goes down.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by One Day Soon View Post
    Morata is good but if a butterfly lands on the stadium gates he goes down.
    A few players like that in the tournament. The Ukrainian sub in their last game who went down writhing about late in injury time only to sprint back to come back on was hysterical and embarrassing in equal measure.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by One Day Soon View Post
    Hmm, not sure there isn't a little Jamboesque 'all of our players are dead or dying' stuff going on there.
    To be fair looked like both were genuinely injured. Hazrd with hamstring De Bruyne looked like ankle injury. No way Hazard playing any part in tournament imo suppose possibility De Bruyne gets strapped up and taken a gamble on but highly unlikely.