Quote Originally Posted by WeeRussell View Post
This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
Possibly PB, but I’m not sure. He’s been a likely player for a few years now but is still behind Thiem, Zverev, Medvedev and Tsitsipas to name a few (as well as a few upcoming young players now). Not to say he can’t win a slam, but he’s no new kid on the block (admittedly 22 is younger than I thought he was) and I fully expected him to put Murray away based on Andy’s first couple games 👍

Although I think the slightly more conservative haircut makes him look more of a player now 😁
Yeah I'm not too sure if he will be a Grand Slam champion to be honest.

It's hard to say as there's so few youngsters at the top of the game right now.

More than a third of the players currently ranked in the top 200 are aged over 30. Having said that Shapovalov is the second youngest player currently ranked in the top 20 - behind Felix Auger-Aliassime.

He's got a good game but I do think a lot of the younger generation are just very similar to one another and it wouldn't surprise me if one or more of them went without winning a Grand Slam.

In the current top 30 you've got Jannik Sinner, Felix Auger-Aliassime, Denis Shapovalov, Alex de Minaur, Casper Ruud, Stefanos Tsitsipas, Ugo Humbert, Andrey Rublev, Alexander Zverev, Hubert Hurkacz who are all yet to reach their 25th birthday.

Out of those above I'd say Zverev is the best placed to become a Grand Slam champion followed by Tsitsipas and Rublev.

Daniil Medvedev has just turned 25 and therefore isn't on the above list but I'd expect him to win at least one as well.