hibs.net Messageboard

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibee-87

Mercat Bar viewing the football

Anyone frequent, or been to the Mercat Bar on West Nicholson Street able to help with something.

I called and booked the main bar for Friday, and the guy on the phone said the main bar was best for watching the football. However looking online at pictures of the place it looks like the lower deck area has the big screen.

Anyone confirm the main bar is indeed a good viewing spot, at least has T.V's we can watch easily enough?

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member speedy_gonzales's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibee87 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Anyone frequent, or been to the Mercat Bar on West Nicholson Street able to help with something.

I called and booked the main bar for Friday, and the guy on the phone said the main bar was best for watching the football. However looking online at pictures of the place it looks like the lower deck area has the big screen.

Anyone confirm the main bar is indeed a good viewing spot, at least has T.V's we can watch easily enough?
    I take it you mean West Maitland Street?
    It's been a while but I do remember watching football down on the mezzanine level, just outside the function hall.
    Again, from memory it was a bigger/better screen and there wasn't as many people walking about, but you wouldn't have that issue nowadays anyway.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibee-87
    Quote Originally Posted by speedy_gonzales View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I take it you mean West Maitland Street?
    It's been a while but I do remember watching football down on the mezzanine level, just outside the function hall.
    Again, from memory it was a bigger/better screen and there wasn't as many people walking about, but you wouldn't have that issue nowadays anyway.
    I do indeed, thanks 👍

@hibs.net private member Frazerbob's Avatar
    They don’t normally do sport, just the 6 Nations and World Cup etc, no Sky. They also own the Footlights at Westport which is a proper sports bar though, so they know what they’re doing. Good independent pub and one of the Edinburgh Tartan Army haunts.
    Last edited by Frazerbob; 20-06-2021 at 10:52 AM.

Watched the game in there last night. Good atmosphere and every table could see the screen. We were downstairs. Table bar service was brilliant. Booked a table again for Tuesday night.