hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    That’s a half chance…it’s either a chance or not a chance.

The Rooneys of the world. The Barcelona’s of the world. Why make it plural ?!

Big game..when it’s an important game?!

Scottish Refs…useless

Scottish FA ..completely useless

Hampden - worst international stadium in Europe

Old Firm Bias in Scotland

Jobs for the boys in football.

2. Log in to remove the advert

When I was a kid I did both rugby and football, the rugby coaches drilled into you 'respect', we were told never to question the ref and call him 'sir'. My football coaches said to question every decision (even if we knew it was a foul), don't be afraid to tell the ref he was wrong....it was actively encouraged. That was 30 years ago and I always felt the game would be a much, much better spectacle if that bit of the culture was to change.

Ear splitting music, especially after a goal is scored.

People using ‘worldy’ to describe a good goal.

Teams changing into their second/third choice strips for no good reason, often resulting in less of a contrast than if they’d just used their first choice.

@hibs.net private member BILLYHIBS's Avatar
    No chips in the West Upper

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    The inconsistency of referees.

Also, referees “keeping the cards in the pocket” for Old Firm games so their players are able to foul without punishment whilst the same foul in any other game gets a booking. Either they’re both booking or neither are, you shouldn’t referee teams differently.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

Quote Originally Posted by Dr What If? View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    When I was a kid I did both rugby and football, the rugby coaches drilled into you 'respect', we were told never to question the ref and call him 'sir'. My football coaches said to question every decision (even if we knew it was a foul), don't be afraid to tell the ref he was wrong....it was actively encouraged. That was 30 years ago and I always felt the game would be a much, much better spectacle if that bit of the culture was to change.
    The lack of respect for refs is so simple to stop but for some reason it still hasn’t been sorted.

The mess of VAR with lack of replays in stadiums keeps fans in the dark isn’t right either.

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Gmack7 View Post
    Coaches that have their initials on their tops/jackets. FFS why
    Is it not simply to know who's gear is what when there are loads the same floating about or when they get it back from being washed, etc.

Not beating first man at corners
    Walls not being ten yards from ball
    Players screaming when tackled
    VAR

First Team Breakthrough Tommy75's Avatar
    When commentators say a goalkeeper 'just about kept it out' when they actually made a save and kept it out.

Talking about summer signings as 'recruitment'.

When managers/players say 'we go again'

The over use of the word 'shape'

When managers/players pretend not to have seen a a bad challenge to avoid commenting on it in an interview.

First Team Regular
    When half the pitch is in shade and half in bright sunshine. Does my head in.

@hibs.net private member BILLYHIBS's Avatar
    Why do players instead of crossing the ball into the box right away do they now insist on stopping the ball first and sending in a dead ball slowing down the momentum of play and giving the defence time to reorganise itself

Seems to be creeping in all over the pitch

Does ma box in !

Pundits/supporter's who refer to players names in plural terms, your Ronaldo's, your, Sterling's, your Ronney's etc. There's only one of them. Don't understand why.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Quote Originally Posted by Santa Cruz View Post
    Pundits/supporter's who refer to players names in plural terms, your Ronaldo's, your, Sterling's, your Ronney's etc. There's only one of them. Don't understand why.
    There are two Ronaldos, to be fair.

Quote Originally Posted by Santa Cruz View Post
    There is also two Ronnie's.

Commentators and pundits that just can't shut up for 10 seconds.
    Commentators saying things like Rashford of Man United in an international match, as if we don't know who he the individuals play for.
    Pickford's unjustified arrogance, the new Joe Hart.
    Worst of all the inconsistent human interpretation of VAR!🥵🥵🥵

The GFA.

Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    There are two Ronaldos, to be fair.
    Ha how could I forget, loved original Ronaldo. Poor example, you get my gist though eh

@hibs.net private member stu in nottingham's Avatar
    1. England being referred to as the pretentious 'The Three Lions' as if it has some legendary, mythical status.

2. England
    FAITH HOPE LOVE

My Blog:
    The Tears of a Clown

Unnecessary away kits worn when strip colour's don't clash
    Commentators and pundits that say 'They get 20000 every week' (they don't play at home every week)!

People who won't admit their rivals have any good players and tie themselves in knots explaining why the guy who scored 50 goals in a season including 12 against their team is actually overrated or just crap.

'And it's **insert crap team name here**, crap team FC, we're by far the greatest team the world has ever seen'. I know every team has songs that exagerrate how good and successful they are but that one really annoys me. Aberdeen and Hull being the two who sing it that irritate me the most.

The lack of originality in absolutely everything Celtic do.

The fact I think 'it's coming home' or whatever it is called is a cracking football song. I wish it was anyone but England who sang it.

The substandard catering in most football grounds. When you compare it to what is on offer at a lot of other sports we get totally shafted.

People who get totally into the Euros/WC who know nowt about football and have no interest in the game other than 3 weeks every 2 years. I get it's a big event and people want to be part of it and that's great. Don't suddenly start pretending you are James Richardson with an encyclopedic knowledge of European or world football and an intricate understanding of tactics though. See also rugby and the 6 Nations, horse racing and Cheltenham and tennis and Wimbledon. By all means enjoy it but don't pretend you are something you are not, those of us who trek to Greenock on a freezing cold Wednesday night or have watched our team draw 0-0 at home in a drab end of season affair can spot you a mile off.

Dave Beaumont not hacking Wayne Foster to the ground in 1994 still annoys me more than it should.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

@hibs.net private member Pagan Hibernia's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommy75 View Post
    When commentators say a goalkeeper 'just about kept it out' when they actually made a save and kept it out.

Talking about summer signings as 'recruitment'.

When managers/players say 'we go again'

The over use of the word 'shape'

When managers/players pretend not to have seen a a bad challenge to avoid commenting on it in an interview.
    Yeah, the “we go again” crap annoys me too. When the hell did that even start? It’s a phrase that just seemed to appear from nowhere and now everyone’s at it

@hibs.net private member stu in nottingham's Avatar
    Players and managerial staff referring to the squad as 'the group'.
    FAITH HOPE LOVE

My Blog:
    The Tears of a Clown

All tv football commentators. The whole flipping lot.
    There should be a button to press to go commentary-free.

@hibs.net private member
    English football media

First Team Regular scm70nyd1973's Avatar
    Hibs players who don’t run back and follow an opponent when the latter is heading for the box 😡

Quote Originally Posted by heretoday View Post
    All tv football commentators. The whole flipping lot.
    There should be a button to press to go commentary-free.
    Agree, crowd noise only, slavers the lot of them.

First Team Breakthrough Tommy75's Avatar
    Talking about the 'false number 10'

Quote Originally Posted by stu in nottingham View Post
    Players and managerial staff referring to the squad as 'the group'.
    Managers who refers to his own team as "they" rather than we, implying he's only here to help the "project" along.

Commentators who use the term "just about kept the ball in" when player did keep it in.

BBC football commentator's superiority complex and condescending attitude to Scotland, Wales and Norn i.

Huns

The growing use of the word “delicious “by commentators and pundits “what a delicious cross/pass/turn

Quote Originally Posted by pollution View Post
    Gobbing on the pitch, rank.
    Agree. It is habitual with some, Porto and Nisbet being two of the worst offenders. I was amazed there was no sanction brought in for this when play resumed after lockdown. I think pro golfers can get fined.
    I do feel the need to gob occasionally when exercising vigorously, especially if I have a bit of a snivvle or cough, but not twice every minute, and certainly not if I am standing on the touchline watching, as per some managers I've seen.
    The ref runs about as much as the players but when did you last see a ref gob on the pitch during a game? Guessing they have a directive not to gob?