hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    @hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Fezziwig View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If you're impeded while running at speed then there's a good chance you'll be knocked over or lose your footing. Martin has been given a reputation as a diver by the Scottish media and their poor analysis of slow motion replays, which give a very distorted impression of what's going on. Asian Cup referees probably don't watch Sportscene.
    Nah not having that, it might seem as if i'm coming across as anti Martin Boyle, but that is not the case, in fact i wish he was with us in the Euros, he is a fantastic player when on form.

He does recently have a habit of going down easily, and from that video he clearly in my opinion is fouled then dived. He could have stayed on his feet, but decided not to.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member
    If we had a player sent off for the challenge on Boyle I would be going bananas.

@hibs.net private member
    Boyle had become a much better and more effective tube player when Neil Lennon was manager and cured him of his propensity for falling over. I can’t fathom why he has returned to those days of tumbling over at the slightest brush with an opponent

Quote Originally Posted by heretoday View Post
    Well! They're all at it nowadays aren't they? The idea that Boyle runs so fast that the merest featherlite touch is enough to send him flying is laughable. I don't recall Arthur diving about much except when he scored with that header in the 79 cup final replay. Oh god!

FFS,shudder !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Itsnoteasy View Post
    Great pass from Irvine for Boyle’s goal. I hope they are both at ER when the season

After that cup final non performance I'm not fussed for either.
    [URL="https://youtu.be/ZPW2sUFqdrE"
    [/URL]

Conflicted ???

Quote Originally Posted by PatHead View Post
    If we had a player sent off for the challenge on Boyle I would be going bananas.
    That would be silly as it’s a clear foul.

The fact that there’s folk here that can’t see it’s a foul shows why he should be going down, too often fast players don’t get fouls like that by trying to stay on their feet

Quote Originally Posted by ddoc View Post
    Watched it a few times and still can’t make my mind up if it was a dive or not. You see that sort of tussle between forwards and defenders constantly.
    Great pass from Irvine for Boyle’s goal. I hope they are both at ER when the season

https://youtu.be/ZPW2sUFqdrE

Added the link for the goals.
    https://youtu.be/tGCSNO1R9yA
    Why is a Hibs fan starting a thread about Boyle diving in an international match he scored in?

Left by mutual consent! Iggy Pope's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by heretoday View Post
    Well! They're all at it nowadays aren't they? The idea that Boyle runs so fast that the merest featherlite touch is enough to send him flying is laughable. I don't recall Arthur diving about much except when he scored with that header in the 79 cup final replay. Oh god!
    Party hats!

Quote Originally Posted by Iggy Pope View Post
    Party hats!
    Johnny Boyle

Not a lot of contact but not a dive. From the reverse angle looks like his right foot slips, don't know if the tug was enough to cause that but don't think he could stop going down.

I am the first to say that at times boyle goes down far too easily but having watched this, his right foot slips and thats why he falls. I dont think thats a dive or a sending off either.

@hibs.net private member HFC_NYC's Avatar
    I honestly don’t know what the fuss is about. Before watching the video, I thought the thread title was suggesting that Boyle was sent off for diving.

Quote Originally Posted by vahibbie View Post
    Not a lot of contact but not a dive. From the reverse angle looks like his right foot slips, don't know if the tug was enough to cause that but don't think he could stop going down.
    He's conned you as well as the ref then. No way his foot slips. Boyle manufactures the "slip" to make it look like he's been fouled. No divot comes up from his right foot "slipping". In fact it looks like his right foot barely touches the turf. The divot that does come up is from his knee when it lands. If the turf was soft enough for that to happen you would expect a bigger divot from the "slip". The sheepish look on his face afterwards tells a tale too. He has seriously cemented his reputation as being a diver and con artist with this. Hugely disappointing and a disgrace to the Hibs jersey. So much so I'm all for cashing him in.

Coaching Staff
    Starting to get a bit of the wrong kind of reputation is our Martin.

Left by mutual consent! KingPat4's Avatar
    He was through on goal, why would he dive?

Correct decision.

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by KingPat4 View Post
    He was through on goal, why would he dive?

Correct decision.
    Absolutely. As a forward you are taught to cut across a centre back

Quote Originally Posted by ddoc View Post
    Watched it a few times and still can’t make my mind up if it was a dive or not. You see that sort of tussle between forwards and defenders constantly.

https://youtu.be/ZPW2sUFqdrE

Added the link for the goals.
    https://youtu.be/tGCSNO1R9yA

The funniest part for me is the rage in the comments over the "umpire"

But yeah, dive and a half, I'd be going radio rental if that was given against Hibs, but also I'd be having a go at the defender for giving him the opportunity with the hand on the shoulder.

I must be getting old.It’s taken me until the end of the thread to realise it wasn’t Boyle that was sent off.

@hibs.net private member Alfred E Newman's Avatar
    Just watched the clip for the first time and though there was a slight tug on the shoulder, to me that was another embarrassing dive from Martin.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Not In The Know View Post
    Why is a Hibs fan starting a thread about Boyle diving in an international match he scored in?
    I truly do not understand your question.
    The You Tube vid asks if it was red card or not. Is there an issue with starting a thread to see what the general opinion is.
    And him scoring is totally immaterial.

Martin never was a diver , hope he cuts it out though.

In Nepal you're meant to be a climber not a diver.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Alfred E Newman View Post
    Just watched the clip for the first time and though there was a slight tug on the shoulder, to me that was another embarrassing dive from Martin.
    So you agree it was a foul then.

First Team Breakthrough jingler1954's Avatar
    They mustn't have VAR at these championships otherwise this would have been sorted by the esteemed watchers who get all the decisions correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Itsnoteasy View Post

After that cup final non performance I'm not fussed for either.

That’s what Irvine can do play that killer pass for Boyle to run into opening up defences
    Why that wasn’t utilised in the Cuo Final I have no idea

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by davhibby View Post
    That would be silly as it’s a clear foul.

The fact that there’s folk here that can’t see it’s a foul shows why he should be going down, too often fast players don’t get fouls like that by trying to stay on their feet
    I think the problem is how he's perceived to have gone down. Fwiw I think he slips but someone fairly lighting pulling on your shoulder, even if your running at speed, doesn't naturally result in you falling to the ground.

It's not like riding a tackle where the contact is low and you have to make an effort to stay on your feet. There is no natural way the contact in this case leads to you falling down. Therefore "going down" in effect is a dive.

No. Not right, actions of a total conning pansy. Yes there's a foul but red card?? Come on, you see it all over his face when he gets up, he knows he's conned everyone and gained an advantage. Should have been stronger than that. Rapidly getting fed up with his antics because when he is scythed properly we will lose out because Scottish refs are wise to his antics

Why would it not have been a red card?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ancient hibee View Post
    I must be getting old.It’s taken me until the end of the thread to realise it wasn’t Boyle that was sent off.
    With that username, you’re entitled to.

Quote Originally Posted by WestCoastHibby View Post
    No. Not right, actions of a total conning pansy. Yes there's a foul but red card?? Come on, you see it all over his face when he gets up, he knows he's conned everyone and gained an advantage. Should have been stronger than that. Rapidly getting fed up with his antics because when he is scythed properly we will lose out because Scottish refs are wise to his antics
    Martin Boyle has been getting scythed properly for years without getting protection from Scottish refs.