hibs.net Messageboard

Page 13 of 164 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363113 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Really? It was explained by the ref on commentary. An deliberate attempt was made by the defender to play the ball, meaning Lukaku couldn't be offside.
    Lee Dixon is doing the commentary. I tend to switch off when he is on.

2. Log in to remove the advert

All thoughts with Eriksen. I’ve seen on the BBC site that he is awake in hospital now so hopefully, he is well on the mend.

Lukaku is a brilliant striker. His record for Belgium is scary.

Lukaku is a brilliant striker. His record for Belgium is scary.

He’s criminally underrated by our press because of the Man Utd time, when they weren’t playing to his strengths. Him and Mbappe are the best strikers in world football, certainly above Kane and Lewandowski and anyone else i can think of. He’s got everything.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by hibsbollah View Post

He’s criminally underrated by our press because of the Man Utd time, when they weren’t playing to his strengths. Him and Mbappe are the best strikers in world football, certainly above Kane and Lewandowski and anyone else i can think of. He’s got everything.
    Above lewandowski? Lukaku is a fantastic striker and criminally underrated as you say but not on the same level as Lewandowski 203 goals in 216 games for Bayern, Lukaku hasn’t got close to those numbers

Cant say I agree that he is better than Lewandowski. What makes you so certain?

I'd have Lewandowski over anyone as a striker right now. 41 goals in 29 league games is absolutely incredible, a new German league record.

Still can’t quite comprehend what I’ve witnessed tonight.

To see someone getting CPR, but then siting up within the space of minutes. Don’t think anyone saw it will ever forget.

On the football front, Belgium were superb.

Quote Originally Posted by NAE NOOKIE View Post
    That was incredibly distressing to watch, my heart sank when I saw they were giving him CPR ... can't believe how shaken I am even now, the pictures of his wife being comforted by some of the Danish players were absolutely heartbreaking. Brilliant to hear he is awake, lets hope for the best.
    I found it really difficult to watch.

Kane I'll give you but Lewandowski? Nah, not having that....

Quote Originally Posted by B.H.F.C View Post

To see someone getting CPR, but then siting up within the space of minutes. Don’t think anyone saw it will ever forget.

My neighbour in 2015 was given CPR on his front lawn and was back on his feet before the ambulance arrived. He's had medical issues ever since but it was remarkable to see.....

He's not better than Lewondowski.

Lewondowski's goalscoring record is comparable with any number 9 in history.

He’s a brilliant striker but definitely not better than Lewandowski or Kane for me.

Quote Originally Posted by B.H.F.C View Post

Honestly it was the toughest thing I’ve watched in a long time. I genuinely thought he was dead and had a tear in my eye. I’m so happy he’s in a better condition now.

Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar

Nowhere near above Lewandowski imo. He’s by a mile the best proper striker in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Magpie View Post
    Honestly it was the toughest thing I’ve watched in a long time. I genuinely thought he was dead and had a tear in my eye. I’m so happy he’s in a better condition now.
    I had just arrived at my girlfriend's parents' house and her mum was in tears at the door asking us if we had heard the news from the football as it looked as if a player had died on the pitch, I couldn't really understand what had actually happened. Then I saw the TV and really thought he had passed away.

I'm glad we seem to have had a happy ending and well done to the medical people who appear to have saved his life.

Quote Originally Posted by Magpie View Post
    I think he was Magpie but his quick responding and thinking team mate and the medical team saved him!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'd have Lewandowski over anyone as a striker right now. 41 goals in 29 league games is absolutely incredible, a new German league record.
    If I was building a superclub and had limitless cash, it’d be Lukaku and Mbappe up front. Lewandowski is obviously a goal machine as well, but he hasn’t got the speed and power of the other two, I think the relative weakness of the bundesliga over the last few seasons has contributed to his goal record.

Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar
    If I was building a superclub and had limitless cash, it’d be Lukaku and Mbappe up front. Lewandowski is obviously a goal machine as well, but he hasn’t got the speed and power of the other two, I think the relative weakness of the bundesliga over the last few seasons has contributed to his goal record.
    Since he really rose to prominence at Dortmund he’s scored 72 goals in 90 games in Europe.

In that same period he’s scored 56 times for Poland in 90 appearances.

The guys numbers are exceptional over his whole career at every level he’s played at. They’re even better when you look from the season where he really kicked on - 2011/2012 - to now. For me, he’s up there with the greatest strikers of all time.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by marinello59 View Post
    I’m not surprised he said that . And of course the players would all have said if asked that they wanted to play on. I hope somebody counselled them properly though, they have all been through a major trauma. I would have expected my boss to say thanks for being willing to go on but best not. Several of those guys are going to hit an emotional wall over the next few days.
    Main thing though is Eriksen is fine .
    Totally agree even if Christian said to play a bit of executive detachment should have taken place for the welfare of the players imo. We keep talking about mental health yet this seemed to clearly go against that. Would like to think there was no UEFA pressure on playing on. Should have moved the second half to today imo and let the players process to some degree what just happened.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar

Lewandowski tends not to turn up in international competitions. Appreciate Poland aren't the strongest however he has in general been a bit meh in competitions imo.

Quote Originally Posted by JimBHibees View Post
    Lewandowski tends not to turn up in international competitions. Appreciate Poland aren't the strongest however he has in general been a bit meh in competitions imo.
    I didn’t intend it to be a ‘slag off Lewandowski’ post, because he’s obviously class, but wiki says he’s scored 2 in 11 in major tournaments, in euro 12 and euro 16. He scored against Greece in 2012, and early doors against Portugal in the round of 16 they go out on pens 1-1. Also, When you look at who he’s scored against there’s a lot of San marinos gibraltars and singapores in there and friendlies.

I didn’t intend it to be a ‘slag off Lewandowski’ post, because he’s obviously class, but wiki says he’s scored 2 in 11 in major tournaments, in euro 12 and euro 16. He scored against Greece in 2012, and early doors against Portugal in the round of 16 they go out on pens 1-1. Also, When you look at who he’s scored against there’s a lot of San marinos gibraltars and singapores in there and friendlies.
    Lukaku is playing with one or the best international sides in the world, if Lewondowski had guys like Du Bruyne and Hazard behind him I suspect he'd have scored a lot more (his international record is still very good though).

The only comparable competition we can look at for both players is in European competitions. Lewondowski wins on that one.

This. Consistently one of the highest scorers in Europe too.

Lukaku has more goals in friendlies than Lewandowski, 22 to 17. Lukaku does have a much better record in tournaments, but his much better team no doubt helps there.

Lewandowski is also the 3rd highest champions league goal scorer ever.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: sjmcg1304
    Out of curiosity, is there a reason England play first today, thus giving them a full 24 hours extra to prepare for the game next week? Why aren’t the group C games played first?
    Madness, as you know, is a lot like gravity. All it takes is a little push.

Quote Originally Posted by Sylar View Post
    Out of curiosity, is there a reason England play first today, thus giving them a full 24 hours extra to prepare for the game next week? Why aren’t the group C games played first?
    The Russian linesman who's lined up for the final was explaining the reasoning for it the other day, but I can't remember what he said about it.

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar

I’d have Kane over Lukaku tbh.

Both excellent strikers but Kane’s ability to create goals as well seals it for me. He just has to learn to stop rash challenges which bust his ankle!

Croatia 6/1 today against the English. Worth a small punt or should England win comfortably?

Quote Originally Posted by BS44 View Post
    Croatia 6/1 today against the English. Worth a small punt or should England win comfortably?
    Wont be comfortable at all IMO. I think England are the better side, but Croatia have bags of experience and quality. Will be a close match.