hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Hibs Twitter

@hibs.net private member SteveHFC's Avatar

Hibs Twitter

https://twitter.com/hibernianfc/status/1398706958446780427?s=21

Anyone know who does it now? The twitter account has been shocking recently.

2. Log in to remove the advert

First Team Breakthrough
    I agree, Cringeworthy stuff from whoever is running it these days

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    I'm not cringing. It's a daft mistake but hardly the end of the world.

Nothing worth getting worked up about. Made a mistake, maybe it's just me but It's not top of my things to bother about.

What did it say? Looks like it’s gone.

Quote Originally Posted by tamig View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    He wrote "John McGinn" instead of Paul.

@hibs.net private member SteveHFC's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by tamig View Post
    Our fourth award of the night is the Players' Player of the Year, sponsored by Environmental Waste Controls 🌿

This was closely fought vote between John McGinn and Martin Boyle... but it's @MartinBoyle9 who prevails! 🇦🇺

1️⃣5️⃣ goals for Martin in an outstanding season! 👊

Recently the account has been terrible.
    Less talk, more gifs. 21.05.16

The guy's probably crapping himself every time he posts given the dozens of rancid replies from keyboard hardman ringpieces.

What I find far more shocking are the number of twats aiming tweets at the admin, saying how much they hate him and wishing him to lose his job.

There's absolutely no winning for the club right now because everyone will respond with digs about the final, regardless of what the tweets say. A now deleted name slip up hardly matters. Comms department is still being built up again after significant changes.

First Team Breakthrough HTD1875's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Peevemor View Post
    I'm not cringing. It's a daft mistake but hardly the end of the world.
    You been in a coma since Kenny left the post.

Quote Originally Posted by HTD1875 View Post
    You been in a coma since Kenny left the post.
    Eh, no.

Quote Originally Posted by Vault Boy View Post
    What I find far more shocking are the number of twats aiming tweets at the admin, saying how much they hate him and wishing him to lose his job.

There's absolutely no winning for the club right now because everyone will respond with digs about the final, regardless of what the tweets say. A now deleted name slip up hardly matters. Comms department is still being built up again after significant changes.
    Same folk every single time

Quote Originally Posted by 04Sauzee View Post
    Same folk every single time
    I don't even look at the replies. They honestly disgust me.

Hibs class...

The guy's probably crapping himself every time he posts given the dozens of rancid replies from keyboard hardman ringpieces.
    Yeap, the permanently angry brigade ready to pounce on absolutely anything the club does. ********s the lot of them.
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

@hibs.net private member Just Alf's Avatar
    Totally.... a simple mistake... I was singing the mcginn song last week with my daughter and fired out the wrong name lol ... easy done.

Haters gonna hate it seems

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Same suspects on twitter who just aim their anger at everything Hibs do.

I honestly hope for the day Hibs start tweeting with replies turned off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It’s a mistake. Not very professional but not something to get upset about Don’t understand the need to be angry at everything.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: MixerAlizz
    He wrote "John McGinn" instead of Paul.
    Ffs 😂

@hibs.net private member St.Kristopher's Avatar
    I posted about this a while back. Our socials were in a great place until recently. I am not calling for anyone's head but some retraining needs to be done. The tone is all over the place. It is now being mentioned on general Scottish football podcasts, heard the lower league guys on the Terrace having a giggle at our expense last week.

One of the top social media gurus Lewis Wiltshire (who was head of sport for twitter) became a Hibs fan, I think in part because of our social media voice previously. He tweets regularly about us to an audience that don't normally even consider us.

Personally, I don't care I'll have my season ticket whatever, but for others, it may be in the margins. Those margins can and will make a difference.

We were very lucky to have Kenny. I will add that this job is one of the most important in the marketing team, yet normally undervalued in terms of £’s.

Ps I'm not Kenny's Da 😂
    Last edited by St.Kristopher; 29-05-2021 at 11:51 PM.

Is Hibs Twitter not still being done by that English guy.

Doesn't really know much about Hibs but it became his "adopted" club when he really supports Newcastle/Man Utd/Midlesbro or whoever.

He seems rather harmless to be honest and John/Paul is a very easy mistake to make though his cringeworthy grovelling royalty tweet when the old racist died was boak inducing.
    Last edited by The Baldmans Comb; 30-05-2021 at 05:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by McVey View Post
    I posted about this a while back. Our socials were in a great place until recently. I am not calling for anyone's head but some retraining needs to be done. The tone is all over the place. It is now being mentioned on general Scottish football podcasts, heard the lower league guys on the Terrace having a giggle at our expense last week.

One of the top social media gurus Lewis Wiltshire (who was head of sport for twitter) became a Hibs fan, I think in part because of our social media voice previously. He tweets regularly about us to an audience that don't normally even consider us.

Personally, I don't care I'll have my season ticket whatever, but for others, it may be in the margins. Those margins can and will make a difference.

We were very lucky to have Kenny. I will add that this job is one of the most important in the marketing team, yet normally undervalued in terms of £’s.

Ps I'm not Kenny's Da 😂
    Is that the BBC Hearts squad?

And some think I should be ridiculed for calling out institutional BBC anti Hibernian bigotry and bias

What will it take for it to sink into some folks heads that we here in Scotland urgently require serious fundamental change in order to facilitate merely a level playing field?

First Team Breakthrough HTD1875's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by northstandhibby View Post
    Is that the BBC Hearts squad?

And some think I should be ridiculed for calling out institutional BBC anti Hibernian bigotry and bias

What will it take for it to sink into some folks heads that we here in Scotland urgently require serious fundamental change in order to facilitate merely a level playing field?

View from the terrace is linked to the terrace podcast however different guys depending on the topic of conversation unlike the tv show which has a set cast. I listened to mondays podcast was a Raith and a Stenny fan ripping the piss out of our socials.

View from the terrace is linked to the terrace podcast however different guys depending on the topic of conversation unlike the tv show which has a set cast. I listened to mondays podcast was a Raith and a Stenny fan ripping the piss out of our socials.
    Why on earth would the BBC allow Raith and Stenny fan/s to rip the piss out of Hibernian Football Club?

And some think we're merely paranoid.

Dearie me.

What were they ripping it for? Don't know why it's taking a bashing tbh, haven't noticed any particularly poor output

@hibs.net private member Viva_Palmeiras's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by McVey View Post

[drop the mic]

Ps I'm not Kenny's Da ��
    Are you seriously suggesting that infamous “fine margins” extends to individuals out there that base their support on our social media performance?

Let that sink in for a moment...

Finish third in the league - check
    Turn up at finals - (ahem!) check
    Get a players name mixed up and a 5-1 reference muddle - virtual scarves and season tickets on the pitch ?

“Marty - it’s not you - it’s your kids!” - I know but FFS. Have we just redefined the notion of supporter right there? If so called fans (short for fanatics) are that whimsical I’d suggest they’re a lost cause.
    "We know the people who have invested so far are simple fans." Vladimir Romanov - Scotsman 10th December 2012
    "Romanov was like a breath of fresh air - laced with cyanide." Me.

Our social Media accounts had been in the hands of a sub contractor until we employed someone full time. Not sure if that's still the case but it was when the 5-1 thing was posted

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by mcohibs View Post
    What were they ripping it for? Don't know why it's taking a bashing tbh, haven't noticed any particularly poor output
    Retweeting the tweet from Prince William & his very lovely wife after the greif they took from the whole Prince Phillip thing, then tweeting a starting line up with only 10 players

It's just a mistake! I believe some people are so perfect in their daily and working lives that they feel the need to pick up any failing by others.

Quote Originally Posted by theonlywayisup View Post
    It's just a mistake! I believe some people are so perfect in their daily and working lives that they feel the need to pick up any failing by others.
    It's not just one. Its clear our social media is being run by some old person with little knowledge of social media, and who also appears not to know much about Hibs. Good social accounts are crucial, and have been for years now, so I hope we get this sorted soon.

I love Hibs but I despise a healthy chunk of our support on social media.
    Thankfully none of their bile can be found on this forum.