hibs.net Messageboard

Kicks for Kids Season Tickets 21/22

Hi all

Apologies for the radio silence recently - life has just got in the way.

Anyway, I'm waiting on Hibs getting back to me re next season's KfK tickets situation as having purchased 127 last season, and obviously nobody being able to go to the games, I'm hoping Hibs will agree to a Hibs Pass being made available so charities/groups/clubs etc can show the games to at least some children.

I will post any updates received, in case anyone would like to donate, and here's hoping we can 1) put more funds in the Hibs coffers and 2) let children watch the games.

GGTTH

FS

2. Log in to remove the advert

First Team Regular NthCarolinaHibs's Avatar
    I'm into day 07 of a second annual, 100 consecutive days,10 k steps, for Kicks for Kids...self sponsoring at a pound a day...Mon ae legs 🚶🚶
    🇳🇬💚🇳🇬

Donation

Let me know the payment details and I will make a donation.

Cheers for that 👍..will post again when I finish, mid September..

Quote Originally Posted by NthCarolinaHibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm into day 07 of a second annual, 100 consecutive days,10 k steps, for Kicks for Kids...self sponsoring at a pound a day...Mon ae legs 🚶🚶
    🇳🇬💚🇳🇬
    Brilliant! Thank you so much 👏

Hi all

I'm still waiting on Hibs getting back to me with plans for the upcoming season's KFK STs. I have enough donations for 36 tickets, at present, but 1) I don't know if I can even purchase them and 2) even if it is possible, I'm not really keen to pay out for tickets again that might not be used (last season it was £9,500 worth and not even one Hibspass was forthcoming...).

I will let you know when I hear anything and thanks to those who have enquired about donating so far

FS
    Last edited by FranckSuzy; 28-07-2021 at 08:50 PM. Reason: Missed an 'if'

Quote Originally Posted by FranckSuzy View Post
    Hi all

I'm still waiting on Hibs getting back to me with plans for the upcoming season's KFK STs. I have enough donations for 36 tickets, at present, but 1) I don't know if I can even purchase them and 2) even if it is possible, I'm not really keen to pay out for tickets again that might not be used (last season it was £9,500 worth and not even one Hibspass was forthcoming...).

I will let you know when I hear anything and thanks to those who have enquired about donating so far

FS
    Did Hibs tell you what that money was used for..🤔

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    Hi all

FS
    Business is business, but I'd be very disappointed (and surprised) if the club didn't make at least some sort of gesture for last season.

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Peevemor View Post
    Business is business, but I'd be very disappointed (and surprised) if the club didn't make at least some sort of gesture for last season.
    Business isn’t business when the customer isn’t satisfied

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Hi all

FS
    Thanks for the update Susan, will look forward to seeing what you are in a position to do with the club, even allowing for the extraordinary times we live in it would have been a decent recognition if the club had given out at least some passes last time around but we are where we are.

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

@hibs.net private member
    Hi all

FS
    That’s terrible - they should honour those IMO.

@hibs.net private member Pagan Hibernia's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Danderhall Hibs View Post
    absolutely. Hibs talk enough about how it’s a community, family club.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pagan Hibernia View Post
    absolutely. Hibs talk enough about how it’s a community, family club.
    I'm gonna play devils advocate here ( tin hat firmly on) but the club already give these tickets at a discounted price, so honouring last years would be a lot to ask really. KfK is a club initiative for groups and charities which LL buys into. Who would they give the hibspass to? It's not individuals.

I really dont mean this in a negative way but I think it's a great initiative run by the club and backed so well by suzy and LL we should be supporting it not moaning about it
    Last edited by Jay; 29-07-2021 at 09:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Danderhall Hibs View Post
    As FS says herself in her opening post the Kick for Kids scheme serves two purposes, it raises funds for the club whilst. allowing kids who otherwise would not get to games a chance to attend and over many seasons now it has achieved exactly what the club set it up to do. I'm guessing though that if they do honour all of last years ,and with covid likely to restrict numbers, there really wont be any need to offer more this season as effectively the club would be funding them from this years income. KFK Season tickets, sadly, fell victim to covid just like every other season ticket and I'm happy enough to see my own donation as having been spent and moving on to this season.

Leith Links provides a brilliant payment portal for those who cant fund a whole KFK ticket thanks to the magnificent efforts of FS over the years. I'd hate to see anybody put off from donating just now because they think the club has done something wrong here, give, give, give now if you can.
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by marinello59 View Post
    As FS says herself in her opening post the Kick for Kids scheme serves two purposes, it raises funds for the club whilst. allowing kids who otherwise would not get to games a chance to attend and over many seasons now it has achieved exactly what the club set it up to do. I'm guessing though that if they do honour all of last years ,and with covid likely to restrict numbers, there really wont be any need to offer more this season as effectively the club would be funding them from this years income. KFK Season tickets, sadly, fell victim to covid just like every other season ticket and I'm happy enough to see my own donation as having been spent and moving on to this season.

Leith Links provides a brilliant payment portal for those who cant fund a whole KFK ticket thanks to the magnificent efforts of FS over the years. I'd hate to see anybody put off from donating just now because they think the club has done something wrong here, give, give, give now if you can.
    Yeah I see that point as well.

Update from Hibs received today:

There will be no Kicks for Kids season tickets available to purchase this year (boo!) BUT they will honour last season's purchases (yeah!)

I think that's a really good compromise, and very decent of them, so I'll just continue to collect donations and hopefully season 22-23 will be a bumper year for getting more children along to Easter Road

@hibs.net private member BroxburnHibee's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: CoolHibeesdaft PSN ID: Hibeesdaft
    Great result!
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, vodka in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming, "WOO HOO what a ride!"

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar

There will be no Kicks for Kids season tickets available to purchase this year (boo!) BUT they will honour last season's purchases (yeah!)

I think that's a really good compromise, and very decent of them, so I'll just continue to collect donations and hopefully season 22-23 will be a bumper year for getting more children along to Easter Road

Will settle for that Susan, so long as you keep doing what you do I'll stick with it.

GGTTH

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

Well done from Hibs and great to make a difference for next season...well done to you for all you do..🇳🇬💚🇳🇬

I think that's a great result.
    Well done FS & well done Hibs.

Great news, just wondering why the won’t let your purchase tickets this year ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk