hibs.net Messageboard

 

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 31 to 60 of 97
  1. #31
    @hibs.net private member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Age
    46
    Posts
    26,784
    Quote Originally Posted by scoopyboy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I donate monthly to HSL for the direct benefit to Hibernian Football Club, not a social club.

    I have nothing but admiration for the club in Sunnyside Lane and what they have done for Hibs in years gone by but this is something they need to sort for themselves IMHO.
    Agree, it is a members club and there’s no way HSL funds should be going near this!


  2. Log in to remove the advert

  3. #32
    @hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Thankerton, SL
    Age
    28
    Posts
    11,609
    Quote Originally Posted by CMurdoch View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    They probably should have saved it for a rainy day roof repair instead of giving it to Hibs to burn through.

    HSL should agree to give them a months contributions instead of giving it to Hibs.
    It would benefit Hibs supporters more than giving Ron another £20k for his club
    .
    Eh, naw?
    A great day out ruined by the football

  4. #33
    Coaching Staff Since90+2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Leith
    Posts
    6,386
    HSL shouldn't be donating any money to fix the roof. The Hibs club is a closed membership group that a small percentage of Hibs supporters use.

    I donate money to HSL so they can provide funds to the football club not a social club with no official links to the club.

  5. #34
    First Team Breakthrough
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    392
    Quote Originally Posted by Gerard View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Do you know how much this repair is going to cost
    I believe in the region of £50k

  6. #35
    @hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Amityville
    Posts
    33,630
    Quote Originally Posted by scoopyboy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I donate monthly to HSL for the direct benefit to Hibernian Football Club, not a social club.

    I have nothing but admiration for the club in Sunnyside Lane and what they have done for Hibs in years gone by but this is something they need to sort for themselves IMHO.
    Think that is right. Two very different things.

  7. #36
    First Team Breakthrough invisible man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Age
    61
    Posts
    253
    Yes, there is a substantial repair required on the roof, details of which will be discussed at our AGM.

    No, we haven't asked Ron, or HSL, for any money.

  8. #37
    @hibs.net private member
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Musselburgh
    Posts
    2,685
    Quote Originally Posted by invisible man View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yes, there is a substantial repair required on the roof, details of which will be discussed at our AGM.

    No, we haven't asked Ron, or HSL, for any money.
    Who said that?






    Sorry, couldn't resist

  9. #38
    Quote Originally Posted by tamig View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Was that a tongue in cheek comment? The HSL money goes to the Football Club. Nothing else. We don’t want it becoming an FOH where the money is used as a slush fund for whoever decides they need it.
    I have been to the Hibs club a handful of times in my life so no vested interest.
    Thought my comment would stimulate some debate which it did.

    Here is another:
    What would have been best value for Hibs or HSL
    A. giving the Hibs Club £50k to fix their roof which will benefit Hibs supporters for the next 30 years
    B. giving SDG £250k to sit in the stand for the last 2 years*

    *Not SDG's fault
    Last edited by CMurdoch; 09-06-2021 at 11:12 AM.

  10. #39
    Testimonial Due ahibby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Musselburgh
    Posts
    4,594
    [QUOTE=oneone73;6590115]Who said that?






    You are hearing things.

  11. #40
    Coaching Staff Since90+2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Leith
    Posts
    6,386
    Quote Originally Posted by CMurdoch View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I have been to the Hibs club a handful of times in my life so no vested interest.
    Thought my comment would stimulate some debate which it did.

    Here is another:
    What would have been best value for Hibs or HSL
    A. giving the Hibs Club £50k to fix their roof
    B. giving SDG £50k to sit in the stand for 20 weeks*

    *Not SDG's fault
    The money is not paid so SDG can sit in the stand as you say. It's paid to the club for them to use as they see fit not fix the roof of a members club that the majority of people who pay into HSL probably aren't even members of.

  12. #41
    Quote Originally Posted by Since90+2 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The money is not paid so SDG can sit in the stand as you say. It's paid to the club for them to use as they see fit not fix the roof of a members club that the majority of people who pay into HSL probably aren't even members of.
    I agree they should pay their own bill.
    500 members at £100 each equals £50k.
    How many members does the club have?

  13. #42
    @hibs.net private member Gerard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Age
    55
    Posts
    4,146
    Quote Originally Posted by CMurdoch View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I agree they should pay their own bill.
    500 members at £100 each equals £50k.
    How many members does the club have?
    I would be happy to donate money to help my club repair the roof
    I do not know how many members the club has

  14. #43
    Quote Originally Posted by Gerard View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I would be happy to donate money to help my club repair the roof
    I do not know how many members the club has
    I have tried to join a few times over the years but membership was always full so hopefully that indicates a large membership which means the roof can be repaired with minimum pain and minimum cost for all.

  15. #44
    @hibs.net private member offshorehibby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Some where over the rainbow
    Age
    59
    Posts
    3,887
    Had to read back this thread in case i'd missed anything.

    I'm a member of the Hibs club but lucky if i'm in there once or twice a year so i'm not in the know. The way this thread is starting to sound is that the HSA have got the begging bowl out looking for donations. To my knowledge this is not the case but close to becoming aHibs.net fact.

    The Hibs club has always been a well run club and it's only covid, current restrictions and office beares that are stopping them fixing the roof
    TOP CASH BACK
    The easy way to make money

  16. #45
    Quote Originally Posted by offshorehibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Had to read back this thread in case i'd missed anything.

    I'm a member of the Hibs club but lucky if i'm in there once or twice a year so i'm not in the know. The way this thread is starting to sound is that the HSA have got the begging bowl out looking for donations. To my knowledge this is not the case but close to becoming aHibs.net fact.

    The Hibs club has always been a well run club and it's only covid, current restrictions and office beares that are stopping them fixing the roof
    Well said. The club has asked for nothing. No decisions on funding the roof can be taken until the upcoming AGM. Nothing like a rumour overtaking a fact.

  17. #46
    Quote Originally Posted by offshorehibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Had to read back this thread in case i'd missed anything.

    I'm a member of the Hibs club but lucky if i'm in there once or twice a year so i'm not in the know. The way this thread is starting to sound is that the HSA have got the begging bowl out looking for donations. To my knowledge this is not the case but close to becoming aHibs.net fact.

    The Hibs club has always been a well run club and it's only covid, current restrictions and office beares that are stopping them fixing the roof
    Your right.
    I apologise for my naughty additions which prolonged the life of an already distorted thread.
    Was having a bit of fun with my HSL chums. They bit mercilessly
    Last edited by CMurdoch; 09-06-2021 at 12:33 PM.

  18. #47
    Administrator matty_f's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Age
    43
    Posts
    44,172
    Blog Entries
    1
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Hibs Club confirmed on Facebook that they’ve not approached Hibs or anyone for money for the repairs.

    We can put that rumour to bed now.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://anchor.fm/longbangers

  19. #48
    @hibs.net private member
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    930
    Should sell Hibs club for flats and use the money to build a new one between the North and East stand with function rooms overlooking the pitch plus a few more seats.

  20. #49
    @hibs.net private member Iggy Pope's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Neu Reekie
    Age
    58
    Posts
    11,002
    Quote Originally Posted by CMurdoch View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Your right.
    I apologise for my naughty additions which prolonged the life of an already distorted thread.
    Was having a bit of fun with my HSL chums. They bit mercilessly
    Shan patter!!! (If that’s still a thing)
    I was a Hawkhill man for years since 1976 indeed, formative, adult and also behaving not so adult and spent many happy times in that club. Helped make me and lots like me the Hibbies we are.
    If a fighting fund is required I’ll happily divert my funds from HSL for a couple of months to help, seeing as you suggested it, although to my knowledge the Hibs Club never ask for money other than through reaffiliations or the price of your drink.

  21. #50
    First Team Breakthrough
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    137
    Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Hibs Club confirmed on Facebook that they’ve not approached Hibs or anyone for money for the repairs.

    We can put that rumour to bed now.
    Ace. Can get back to my original point about… eh… think it was how to join, is there capacity and in the mean time is visitors allowed… 😂

  22. #51
    @hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Age
    39
    Posts
    25,842
    Quote Originally Posted by tam4hibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Ace. Can get back to my original point about… eh… think it was how to join, is there capacity and in the mean time is visitors allowed… 😂
    If you buy them a new roof they’ll let you in for a pint to watch the Scotland game I think.

  23. #52
    hibs.net Branch Member BS44's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Greenland
    Posts
    1,798
    If the rumour came from me on this thread, then I'd like to apologise to the committee if my rubbish gossip has caused any grief

  24. #53
    Quote Originally Posted by Iggy Pope View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Shan patter!!! (If that’s still a thing)
    I was a Hawkhill man for years since 1976 indeed, formative, adult and also behaving not so adult and spent many happy times in that club. Helped make me and lots like me the Hibbies we are.
    If a fighting fund is required I’ll happily divert my funds from HSL for a couple of months to help, seeing as you suggested it, although to my knowledge the Hibs Club never ask for money other than through reaffiliations or the price of your drink.
    Was the bus the Hawkhill branch run affectionately known as Maude's picnic bus?

  25. #54
    Quote Originally Posted by Crunchie View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Was the bus the Hawkhill branch run affectionately known as Maude's picnic bus?
    It was known as the picnic branch but you were near enough!!

  26. #55
    First Team Breakthrough
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    137
    Quote Originally Posted by BS44 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If the rumour came from me on this thread, then I'd like to apologise to the committee if my rubbish gossip has caused any grief
    Literally a night on the tiles

  27. #56
    @hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    I live for dull football
    Posts
    45,221
    Quote Originally Posted by DIXIHIBS View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It was known as the picnic branch but you were near enough!!
    Scarves off!!!
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!



  28. #57
    Quote Originally Posted by tam4hibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Ace. Can get back to my original point about… eh… think it was how to join, is there capacity and in the mean time is visitors allowed… 😂
    Call the club ask them which branches are taking new members. Pay the branch and the club. Then youre in. Assuming they haven’t stopped new members.

  29. #58
    @hibs.net private member
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Musselburgh
    Posts
    2,685
    Quote Originally Posted by Brightside View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Call the club ask them which branches are taking new members. Pay the branch and the club. Then youre in. Assuming they haven’t stopped new members.
    You pay the branch, not the club. And you have to be proposed and seconded. That's if they're taking new members.

  30. #59
    @hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Thankerton, SL
    Age
    28
    Posts
    11,609
    Quote Originally Posted by oneone73 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You pay the branch, not the club. And you have to be proposed and seconded. That's if they're taking new members.
    How does the handshake work?
    A great day out ruined by the football

  31. #60
    Quote Originally Posted by Jones28 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    How does the handshake work?
    The hibs club is actually the association of hibs supporters clubs. IE many different clubs/branches under one (leaking) roof. Southern,stanton,central, carlton st pats and many others. Some branches may be full, others may not. Just ask. Its a good club and handy before/after games.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
hibs.net ©2020 All Rights Reserved
- Mobile Leaderboard (320x50) - Leaderboard (728x90)