hibs.net Messageboard

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Private Members Prediction League Winner Hibrandenburg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by h1bs4life View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Travelled on the St Giles bus mid to late 70's there were some characters on that bus . Was on one of the buses to the 1979 Scottish Cup Final , a few windows smashed and quite a few seats spare on the way back as a few got lifted.
    Still bump into 1 or 2 of them in the pubs of Leith .
    I was on that bus that day. St Giles was definitely the go to home for radges back then.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Left by mutual consent! Iggy Pope's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by offshorehibby View Post
    Haha, one of my claims to fame. We went onto win the league a season or so later
    Only after you and Stanton collaborated to rescind a Hawkhill win v Eddy West.
    Chancers.

Quote Originally Posted by Bearders View Post
    I can assure you they travelled every week Iggy. Vibrant branch back then with over 300 members - Player of Year Dance sell outs at Leith Assembly Rooms and ran several Sports Forums with guests featuring Wee Robbo, Goram, McCoist, Referee McGinlay to name a few.
    I know they did Bearders but when they stopped travelling Hawkhill were still going and we accommodated a few on our bus at the time as did some other branches, notably Southern and Central. Stanton were a fine branch with great lads and lassies, I’m not decrying any branch at all, just pointing out that the dear old “Picnic Bus” survived them..

I loved those early Saturday mornings with buses from all the branches juggling position and leaving the top of the lane to heat towards the Maybury or the Barnton - it was saddening when they reduced in number.

Quote Originally Posted by Iggy Pope View Post
    Only after you and Stanton collaborated to rescind a Hawkhill win v Eddy West.
    Chancers.
    Cant remember that? What happened? When southern won the league we won a play off with edi west after we finished the league all square. Dont think hawkhill involved at all.

Quote Originally Posted by DIXIHIBS View Post
    Cant remember that? What happened? When southern won the league we won a play off with edi west after we finished the league all square. Dont think hawkhill involved at all.
    Hawkhill beat Edi West but there was a kangaroo court over a non member and Hawkhill never got our case heard.
    Your bound to remember Hawkhilll being involved as you took a few skelpings.

Bit grand calling it a “league” mind you.

Quote Originally Posted by Iggy Pope View Post
    Hawkhill beat Edi West but there was a kangaroo court over a non member and Hawkhill never got our case heard.
    Your bound to remember Hawkhilll being involved as you took a few skelpings.

Bit grand calling it a “league” mind you.
    Think you misunderstood. I remember playing hawkhill many times and a few skelpings lol. Just that year we only lost one game and that was to edi west. As i remember they only lost one game and that was to stanton. Hence the play off. Your right about the league though. Think that year we played hawkhill,stanton, carlton, west,central and glasgow. Good times though. Do you still go to club? Im still going after nearly 40 years!! Many of the lads who played back then still go.

Quote Originally Posted by DIXIHIBS View Post
    Think you misunderstood. I remember playing hawkhill many times and a few skelpings lol. Just that year we only lost one game and that was to edi west. As i remember they only lost one game and that was to stanton. Hence the play off. Your right about the league though. Think that year we played hawkhill,stanton, carlton, west,central and glasgow. Good times though. Do you still go to club? Im still going after nearly 40 years!! Many of the lads who played back then still go.
    I don’t mate but a few worthies from the Hawkhill side do and I still see them as well as my mate Stevie as we have been saddled with each other at games for nearly 50 years now. Still see a lot of the Southern lads too.
    Edi West lost to us but got the points btw and I remember the name of the Stanton member that fronted the “committee” to do so but I’ll say no more