hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    @hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CJHibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think Gilmour must be utilised at the Euros. He plays for a massive team in Chelsea so no worries in being over phased. I suspect Clarke may fall into the old trap of formerly cautious Scots' managers though and not play him. Even Southgate seems to be reluctant to play Grealish for England...remember Glen Hoddle?!
    He's signed for Chelsea not a regular player for them talented as he is.

2. Log in to remove the advert

First Team Breakthrough
    He isn't a guaranteed starter for Chelsea but should be for Scotland in the upcoming tournament...he's got that little bit of je ne sais quoi that can make a big difference.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Sheggs84
    Quote Originally Posted by Calidad View Post
    Does anyone like Turnbull?
    Does anyone else think he’s overrated? Decent player but dont get the hype

Let's no get carried away here.
    We struggled to beat Israel many times. Portugal destroyed them tonight. Rocky not too good either. We really need a reality check. These young guys can maybe get cameo appearances in this tournament that's all. 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿
    Last edited by JOD; 10-06-2021 at 01:05 AM.

@hibs.net private member AgentDaleCooper's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JOD View Post
    We struggled to beat Israel many times. Portugal destroyed them tonight. Rocky not too good either. We really need a reality check. These young guys can maybe get cameo appearances in this tournament that's all. 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿
    the other way of looking at it is that it's the old heads who have routinely struggled to put teams like Israel to bed

It's a pity Dykes needs 20 chances to score 1 goal because the service Scotland strikers are getting at the moment is different class. I would also have Gilmour in before McGregor or Christie.

@hibs.net private member 500miles's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Brooster View Post
    It's a pity Dykes needs 20 chances to score 1 goal because the service Scotland strikers are getting at the moment is different class. I would also have Gilmour in before McGregor or Christie.
    To be fair, I thought he caused more problems than Che Adams did, and made Adams' goal easy. If we were playing one up front with Fraser in behind, Dykes starts every time.

Quote Originally Posted by 500miles View Post
    To be fair, I thought he caused more problems than Che Adams did, and made Adams' goal easy. If we were playing one up front with Fraser in behind, Dykes starts every time.
    He kept missing the target with easy headers, he isn't a goalscorer in my opinion. Saying that I hope he scores plenty.

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JOD View Post

Sadly, I agree with you.

Loving the optimism but the group stage will be a much sterner test. Chances will be at a premium, no one is going to play an open game and allow Scotland an easy ride.

First Team Breakthrough
    Jod/Jacamo..have to totally disagree with you. Lots of international football is stuffy and a talent like Mr. Gilmour should be allowed to flourish.

Quote Originally Posted by 500miles View Post
    I don’t think he does. Adams is now the first striker and from all the evidence I’ve seen, is a better player than Dykes.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by WeeRussell View Post
    I don’t think he does. Adams is now the first striker and from all the evidence I’ve seen, is a better player than Dykes.
    Can't see Dykes not starting and actually think Adams won't start and Christie will play off the front.

Quote Originally Posted by JimBHibees View Post
    Can't see Dykes not starting and actually think Adams won't start and Christie will play off the front.
    Time will tell pal 👍

Adams control of the ball is far superior to Dykes and at this level you can't have a combination of chances missed and ball last. Dykes had a chance early on and actually ran into the ball and wasted it.Nisbet is far calmer in front of goal as he showed against Holland and should play a part.Christie hasn't shown much-too much football like McGregor?