hibs.net Messageboard

 

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 60 of 211
  1. #31
    Quote Originally Posted by Logie Green View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    For me the ideal scenario is for Scotland and Croatia to play a dull, insipid 0-0 draw with few forward passes in the last group match so both could qualify as the only two from our group. A bit like Austria and West Germany did in the 1982 World Cup.

    The Morris Dancers would be a wee bit upset. 😜
    That would be glorious! Can you imagine the look of their faces when it goes back to the studio at full-time.


  2. Log in to remove the advert

  3. #32
    Anyone know of any other boozers taking bookings for the England game. 4 people.

  4. #33
    @hibs.net private member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Age
    50
    Posts
    1,423
    Quote Originally Posted by Logie Green View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    For me the ideal scenario is for Scotland and Croatia to play a dull, insipid 0-0 draw with few forward passes in the last group match so both could qualify as the only two from our group. A bit like Austria and West Germany did in the 1982 World Cup.

    The Morris Dancers would be a wee bit upset. 😜
    Mine's would be, with Scotland already qualified, England need Scotland to beat Croatia to qualify.

    The Scots go 1-0 up early in the game, but lose a goal in the final minute to make it 1-1 and England are oot!

  5. #34
    @hibs.net private member Bishop Hibee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Leith Links
    Age
    54
    Posts
    7,429
    I’m surprised at the lack of stuff in the shops. When I lived down south every second car had a wee flag and houses were festooned with St George’s Crosses before a major tournament. None of that here as far as I can tell.
    "Washing one's hands of the conflict between the powerful and the powerless means to side with the powerful, not to be neutral.' - Paulo Freire

  6. #35
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop Hibee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I’m surprised at the lack of stuff in the shops. When I lived down south every second car had a wee flag and houses were festooned with St George’s Crosses before a major tournament. None of that here as far as I can tell.
    ‘Believe’ bars 🤢

  7. #36
    @hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Age
    39
    Posts
    25,842
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop Hibee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I’m surprised at the lack of stuff in the shops. When I lived down south every second car had a wee flag and houses were festooned with St George’s Crosses before a major tournament. None of that here as far as I can tell.
    In fairness, we are a wee bit out if practice 😂

    I’m not sure people know what to do. I can confirm I am very very excited however other than a wall chart in my kitchen you wouldn’t know they were starting this weekend.

  8. #37
    I watched the Mr Brown's Boys documentary about France 98 on iplayer tonight and it's fair got me in the mood for the Euros now.

    I think we'll see a fair bit excitement building over the course of this weekend that will reach fever pitch by the time Wembley rolls around.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

  9. #38
    @hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Age
    39
    Posts
    25,842
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I watched the Mr Brown's Boys documentary about France 98 on iplayer tonight and it's fair got me in the mood for the Euros now.

    I think we'll see a fair bit excitement building over the course of this weekend that will reach fever pitch by the time Wembley rolls around.
    Thought that documentary was absolutely brilliant

  10. #39
    @hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Amityville
    Posts
    33,630
    Yep documentary was superb. A few interviews from the holy ground also. The kilts worn by the players in the Brazil game was fantastic imo.

  11. #40
    Testimonial Due Hibee87's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Leith
    Posts
    2,625
    Gamer IDs

    PSN ID: hibee-87
    Quote Originally Posted by Brightside View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Anyone know of any other boozers taking bookings for the England game. 4 people.
    I managed to book the Mercat bar for 4 this afternoon, no idea if still spaces. I was close to giving up trying to find somewhere. Worth checking their website. I also called to confirm before booking online 👍

  12. #41
    @hibs.net private member offshorehibby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Some where over the rainbow
    Age
    59
    Posts
    3,887
    Another one on tomorrow bbc Scotland channel, Away with the Tartan Army, should be good
    TOP CASH BACK
    The easy way to make money

  13. #42
    Coaching Staff hibsbollah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Age
    50
    Posts
    27,068
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I watched the Mr Brown's Boys documentary about France 98 on iplayer tonight and it's fair got me in the mood for the Euros now.

    I think we'll see a fair bit excitement building over the course of this weekend that will reach fever pitch by the time Wembley rolls around.
    I’m enjoying it too The Darren Jackson interview had me worried though, what the hell has happened to his skin colour? Not so much gammon as nut roast. The boy must have had cryonic suspension in a sunbed for the last twenty years.

  14. #43
    Coaching Staff HUTCHYHIBBY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    EDINBURGH
    Age
    50
    Posts
    18,117
    Quote Originally Posted by Brightside View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Anyone know of any other boozers taking bookings for the England game. 4 people.
    Shandwicks isn't taking any more bookings but, they're keeping a few tables back for walk-ups which seems a bit odd.

  15. #44
    Agree Mr Brown’s boys was a really good watch and, like PB, didn’t half her my juices flowing for the euros.

    There can’t be many successful football managers that come across as nice as Craig Brown.

  16. #45
    @hibs.net private member Hibernian Verse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    The Woodpile
    Age
    29
    Posts
    6,476
    Gamer IDs

    PSN ID: fraserrmaltman
    I'm going with The Spaceman off here. He's the "group leader", so does anyone know if I need to take formal ID as well or is it just him?

  17. #46
    @hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Age
    59
    Posts
    37,141
    Heard 30,000 train tickets sold Scotland to London for next weekend

  18. #47
    Coaching Staff Smartie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Age
    43
    Posts
    14,661
    Quote Originally Posted by WeeRussell View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Agree Mr Brown’s boys was a really good watch and, like PB, didn’t half her my juices flowing for the euros.

    There can’t be many successful football managers that come across as nice as Craig Brown.
    A couple of my mates really can’t stand Craig Brown.

    I find it weird - as you say, seems like a great guy and he had a good record as Scotland coach.

    It was a brilliant documentary and really got me in the mood for the Euros.

  19. #48
    Solipsist Eyrie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    PDSBRS
    Posts
    10,228
    Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Heard 30,000 train tickets sold Scotland to London for next weekend
    I can't get my head round that.

    We're still under some restrictions for Covid and a lot of people haven't been vaccinated yet, so why would anyone want to travel to another country to watch the game on TV with a crowd of strangers?
    Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.

  20. #49
    Quote Originally Posted by Eyrie View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I can't get my head round that.

    We're still under some restrictions for Covid and a lot of people haven't been vaccinated yet, so why would anyone want to travel to another country to watch the game on TV with a crowd of strangers?
    Chance to get away with your mates for the first time in however long. All within the current restrictions. Although I do expect the politicians will all be rushing to tell football fans they shouldn’t be doing it (despite it being them that is allowing it).

  21. #50
    @hibs.net private member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Age
    46
    Posts
    26,784
    Quote Originally Posted by Eyrie View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I can't get my head round that.

    We're still under some restrictions for Covid and a lot of people haven't been vaccinated yet, so why would anyone want to travel to another country to watch the game on TV with a crowd of strangers?
    You can go to London for any reason you like, why not football?

  22. #51
    @hibs.net private member The Spaceman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Age
    29
    Posts
    1,381
    Going to the game tomorrow with Hibernian Verse.

    Absolutely buzzing.

  23. #52
    Quote Originally Posted by Smartie View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    A couple of my mates really can’t stand Craig Brown.

    I find it weird - as you say, seems like a great guy and he had a good record as Scotland coach.

    It was a brilliant documentary and really got me in the mood for the Euros.
    Yeah that is strange. I could get people arguing that he wasn’t such a great coach or some might say was “too nice” if anything… but definitely seems a genuinely good guy, and those that have worked close to him all seem to say that as well.

    Saying that, I think steve Clarke seems like a decent guy too and I imagine plenty of people don’t like him either 😁

  24. #53
    @hibs.net private member Stuart93's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    6,831
    Quote Originally Posted by Eyrie View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I can't get my head round that.

    We're still under some restrictions for Covid and a lot of people haven't been vaccinated yet, so why would anyone want to travel to another country to watch the game on TV with a crowd of strangers?
    I’m travelling and booked into a pub in London with my mates to watch the game. Can’t wait.

  25. #54
    @hibs.net private member DiscoDoidge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    1,761
    Quote Originally Posted by Eyrie View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I can't get my head round that.

    We're still under some restrictions for Covid and a lot of people haven't been vaccinated yet, so why would anyone want to travel to another country to watch the game on TV with a crowd of strangers?

    30k and more have managed to get there head round it. Live and let live 🍺👍🏻

  26. #55
    @hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    in a house in Bathgate
    Posts
    40,070
    gets yi in the mood a bit :)


  27. #56
    @hibs.net private member majorhibs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Meadowbank, Edinburgh, Rio.
    Age
    55
    Posts
    1,836
    Quote Originally Posted by WeeRussell View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yeah that is strange. I could get people arguing that he wasn’t such a great coach or some might say was “too nice” if anything… but definitely seems a genuinely good guy, and those that have worked close to him all seem to say that as well.

    Saying that, I think steve Clarke seems like a decent guy too and I imagine plenty of people don’t like him either 😁
    He didn’t like Keith Wright for whatever his daft own wee reasoning musta been, we all saw him at a midweek away tae Killie jaunt when Keith was THE form striker, on the way in, & that was all any of us wanted to talk about. Fair enough at the time he was only Roxburgh’s assistant, but Craig Brown was just so dismissive of our main man then, I reckon it wouldnae have been just me who couldn’t take to him after that.

  28. #57
    Quote Originally Posted by Eyrie View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I can't get my head round that.

    We're still under some restrictions for Covid and a lot of people haven't been vaccinated yet, so why would anyone want to travel to another country to watch the game on TV with a crowd of strangers?
    Heading down with 5 mates for a long weekend, it was booked the same night we qualified. We’ve all been vaccinated, at least one dose, the vast majority of the population who are at serious risk have been vaccinated, time to move on. Those who’ve chosen not to be vaccinated are doing of their own free will, I respect that, but I’ll not be worrying about them.

  29. #58
    @hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Amityville
    Posts
    33,630
    Two brilliant videos to get us in the mood for this afternoon and the Euros

    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=0HerNnMqFdA


    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ONl4k1EtyUU

    Come on Scotland


  30. #59
    What's the point of going to London to watch the game in a pub when you can watch the game in your local and save yourself a lot of money?

  31. #60
    Coaching Staff Since90+2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Leith
    Posts
    6,386
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Fezziwig View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    What's the point of going to London to watch the game in a pub when you can watch the game in your local and save yourself a lot of money?
    Probably a change of scenery, the trip on the way down few drinks on the train. I'd not do it myself but I can see why some might just to get away for a day or two.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
hibs.net ©2020 All Rights Reserved
- Mobile Leaderboard (320x50) - Leaderboard (728x90)