hibs.net Messageboard

It's the 31st of May...

...have the lesser greens offered Sparky an extension yet?

2. Log in to remove the advert

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by hibbyfraelibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    ...have the lesser greens offered Sparky an extension yet?
    I thought the deadline was earlier, but, anyway, it’s academic. They clearly haven’t offered an extension to his present contract, but there’s nothing to stop them, in due course, offering him a completely new contract, which he himself is wanting. They’ve kind of got him by the short and curlies as the ball’s in their court and they can get him on a vastly reduced wage.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim44 View Post
    I thought the deadline was earlier, but, anyway, it’s academic. They clearly haven’t offered an extension to his present contract, but there’s nothing to stop them, in due course, offering him a completely new contract, which he himself is wanting. They’ve kind of got him by the short and curlies as the ball’s in their court and they can get him on a vastly reduced wage.
    Not that it would bother him Jim, as LG does his talking on the pitch and has skin thicker than a rhino, but there's a groundswell of Celtic fans who don't want Leigh and within their entitled heads want better strikers at the club.

He's also lost a very good pal and ally (and car share ) in Scott Brown - that will be another important factor I think.

Coaching Staff
    ...I'd add - and I'm not sure he would be minded to, but maybe Silver could post thoughts - with Aberdeen adding a striker coach, I do think a similar appointment at Hibs inviting Derek to take up a position - would perhaps not only be good for the club and current strikers, but for someone like Leigh, who needs characters around him. Someone like Derek, who Leigh aspired to be, and who has been through hard times himself, could be beneficial.

First Team Breakthrough H113EE5's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by truehibernian View Post
    ...I'd add - and I'm not sure he would be minded to, but maybe Silver could post thoughts - with Aberdeen adding a striker coach, I do think a similar appointment at Hibs inviting Derek to take up a position - would perhaps not only be good for the club and current strikers, but for someone like Leigh, who needs characters around him. Someone like Derek, who Leigh aspired to be, and who has been through hard times himself, could be beneficial.

Eh? What a great idea… having two players who wasted their undoubted talent as role models for our young kids. Stay well clear of both, please.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by H113EE5 View Post
    Eh? What a great idea… having two players who wasted their undoubted talent as role models for our young kids. Stay well clear of both, please.
    Take it you don't know Derek personally or have seen him train then ?

Both have given me tremendous joy watching Hibs. Football is certainly not awash with role models buddy. We're lucky to have 3 or 4 already at the club by way of SDG, Darren, Lewis and Paul. Clubs need characters too, what they've done off the pitch is another debate, but both Leigh and Derek are/were top top football players. If anything, Derek would pass on how to not make the same mistakes he did. I'd rather hear that from him as a young player than some no mark.

@hibs.net private member greenginger's Avatar
    I thought Deeks was taking over the Four in Hand in Easter Road. I passed the other day and his name had been taken off the signage ?

Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by greenginger View Post
    I thought Deeks was taking over the Four in Hand in Easter Road. I passed the other day and his name had been taken off the signage ?
    He had taken it over. It was R10rdans. Didn’t know it had shut though.

@hibs.net private member silverhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by H113EE5 View Post
    https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/...mirror-6806597

@hibs.net private member silverhibee's Avatar

Both have given me tremendous joy watching Hibs. Football is certainly not awash with role models buddy. We're lucky to have 3 or 4 already at the club by way of SDG, Darren, Lewis and Paul. Clubs need characters too, what they've done off the pitch is another debate, but both Leigh and Derek are/were top top football players. If anything, Derek would pass on how to not make the same mistakes he did. I'd rather hear that from him as a young player than some no mark.
    Hi buddy, the main thing I would want would be someone who can come in and work with our front men through the week on set pieces shooting drills and learn how to strike a ball, sometimes our deliveries can be very poor at times, Derek would be a good shout, but rather than being a role model, don’t like that saying, footballers will do there own thing away from work in free time, someone like Derek can pass on his knowledge but just passing on his tips on what positions to be in, lose your man, faints etc etc, Jason Cummings got a lift from Derek when he came in to train with the lads under Stubbs, they would stay after training and work on shooting skills and it seemed to work for Jason when he was at Hibs.

Stay safe.

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by silverhibee View Post
    Hi buddy, the main thing I would want would be someone who can come in and work with our front men through the week on set pieces shooting drills and learn how to strike a ball, sometimes our deliveries can be very poor at times, Derek would be a good shout, but rather than being a role model, don’t like that saying, footballers will do there own thing away from work in free time, someone like Derek can pass on his knowledge but just passing on his tips on what positions to be in, lose your man, faints etc etc, Jason Cummings got a lift from Derek when he came in to train with the lads under Stubbs, they would stay after training and work on shooting skills and it seemed to work for Jason when he was at Hibs.

Stay safe.
    I remember you telling me about this SH
    Young strikers can only but learn from the likes of Deeks

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    I remember you telling me about this SH
    Young strikers can only but learn from the likes of Deeks
    Agree Deek was the best two footed Scottish player I have seen. Fantastic talent

First Team Breakthrough H113EE5's Avatar

Still want this ar$ehole involved with our club? https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/57757971

@hibs.net private member .Sean.'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by greenginger View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by calumhibee1 View Post
    He had taken it over. It was R10rdans. Didn’t know it had shut though.
    What’s the script with this anyone know?
    ''It's always been just part of the culture. Growing up, for most working-class kids, is all about football, music or clothes. You might not have much money, but whatever you have got, you're going to look good.'' - Paul Weller

@hibs.net private member mutley's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: mutley074
    Quote Originally Posted by .Sean. View Post
    What’s the script with this anyone know?
    I heard that he got rid of it, and also heard that it’s back with Kano (could be wrong though)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

@hibs.net private member offshorehibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mutley View Post
    I heard that he got rid of it, and also heard that it’s back with Kano (could be wrong though)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    It was always Kanos pub DR rented it.
    TOP CASH BACK
    The easy way to make money