hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    @hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lyonhibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Over it about 5 minutes after the final whistle. I've had enough really bad things happen in my life to know that losing a game of football isn't worth tying yourself in knots over.
    Exactly a bit of perspective required. We move on.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Robbo6-2 View Post
    The day I get over it is the day the overall man in charge of that day is sacked.

It's time for these people to be held responsible for such failure.

The lose to St Johnstone is up there with the Hearts lose. Fenlon held on for abit and he should of gone then. Its exactly the same here, Ross will keep his job and we will be arguing over the same thing in the next 6 months.

No doubt I'll be shot down in flames here from the same people who swore blind Josh Vela, Chris Maxwell, Tom James were all top signings and not to be so negative.

It's time we stopped accepting such failures.
    Ron Gordon is the man who was in charge of the day overall and he cannot be sacked.

Quote Originally Posted by Weegreenman View Post
    Kinda getting used to it now. The boy band mentality at our club is beyond embarrassing. Maybe we should be taking umbrage and maybe we’re ****in well entitled to carry on feeling let down!
    What does this crap even mean?

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    There's not really much else to discuss just now so there is an inevitability that old ground will get a going over again and again. Make a signing, release a strip or whatever and people will find something else to talk, or moan, about. Of ourse there are the obsessives who will still see fit to hurl abuse at the guy that runs the Twitter account as if he is reporting exactly what is said directly to Ron. Those types are best ignored though.

Interestingly, and I think this was mentioned on another thread, I think this forum is a lot more measured and tame than people want to believe about the current position we are in. I'm quite surprised by how down a lot of people I speak to are about Hibs. This is either guys who travel home and away every week or are ST holders and semi regular away attendees. It's not entirely reactionary to the final either, it's been creeping in all season. Hopefully it's just a symptom of the inability to attend and they pick up when we get confirmation we can get back in to the stadium.
    People who I know are all pretty down about Hibs just now including myself
    Been watching Hibs around 50 years and it actually feels worse now than it did in years gone by. Thought 2016 was going to change things.
    Have no confidence in Ross when it comes to derbies and big one of games at Hampden.
    Hopefully a few signings and as season approaches will get the excitement going as it has in the past.

Quote Originally Posted by Weegreenman View Post
    Kinda getting used to it now. The boy band mentality at our club is beyond embarrassing. Maybe we should be taking umbrage and maybe we’re ****in well entitled to carry on feeling let down!

IMO is no actual Hibby uses that boy band crap - utter cringe, miles off the mark and taken out of context from a quote from the doughnut who blew Celtics 10 in a row.

Seriously. Why are you saying that? Its just utter rubbish.

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post
    IMO is no actual Hibby uses that boy band crap - utter cringe, miles off the mark and taken out of context from a quote from the doughnut who blew Celtics 10 in a row.

Seriously. Why are you saying that? Its just utter rubbish.
    Yep. This season proved that the boy band leader was the one who left the club in a huff and finished a distant second in what should have been a one horse race.

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

Quote Originally Posted by Northernhibee View Post
    Yep. This season proved that the boy band leader was the one who left the club in a huff and finished a distant second in what should have been a one horse race.
    The worst thing is, the quote was about Mowbrays team, because of their daft haircuts and inconsistency. It was absolutely nothing to do with any current players. Infact, more of the ''boyband'' were at Celtic last season under Lennon (scott brown)

Quote Originally Posted by h1bs4life View Post
    Been watching Hibs around 50 years and it actually feels worse now than it did in years gone by. Thought 2016 was going to change things.
    Have no confidence in Ross when it comes to derbies and big one of games at Hampden.
    Hopefully a few signings and as season approaches will get the excitement going as it has in the past.
    If people are still upset at this point they need to reevaluate their life. There is something very unhealthy of carrying about all that disappointment. They must really struggle when things that really matter in life hit them square on. Its just a game of football.

@hibs.net private member scoopyboy's Avatar
    I've been watching Hibs for around 55 years and it has been a lot worse than this for the vast majority of that time.

From around 1976 to around 1985 it was dire stuff with hardly any Hampden trips for the fans.

Results and improved performances in the Collins, Kane, Goram era and a few good trips as well. 1991 League Cup win the highlight of Alex Miller's area but that fizzled out badly and a few poor seasons ensued. The run of no derby wins was tough to endure as well. Relegation season was a lot less fun than this season as well.

Alex McLeish gave us a good couple of seasons before we sunk back into mediocrity.

We went through a lot of managers with occasional bright spots but by and large it was poor. How anybody can compare this season to Terry Butcher's spell beggars belief.

Although I spent two years travelling to some grounds I don't particularly ever want to go back to I enjoyed immensely the two seasons under Stubbs. Lennon gave as more progress and although Heckinbotham set us back a bit we are back nearer to where we should be with Jack Ross.

I have reservations about Jack Ross as well as many others on this site but for the moment I am happy to go with him.

The loss to SJ and the manner of the defeat is a really sore one but every club gets sore ones without exception.

I don't always agree with your views but I respect them and I'm sure if you look back at the last 50 years you have watched Hibs there were many of them much worse than this season.

PS lack of fans didn't help either

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    I’m still raging.

Of course Jack deserves to keep his job because in objective terms he got the results, but he’s gonna have to find a way for this Hibs team to turn up when it really matters.

Quote Originally Posted by jacomo View Post
    I’m still raging.

Of course Jack deserves to keep his job because in objective terms he got the results, but he’s gonna have to find a way for this Hibs team to turn up when it really matters.
    How is this rage manifesting itself?

Left by mutual consent!
    For me, I can't get that excited about this current team. I'd sell all the players that we rejected bids for in January and use it to rebuild.

Miller 94-96
    McLeish 00-01
    Mowbray 04-06
    Collins 06-07
    Stubbs 15-16
    Lennon 17-18

Those teams all better than this current team.

Watched the Alex Ferguson documentary on prime last night. He says we first played Rangers at Ibrox and sneaked a draw, at Full time the players are jumping up and down celebrating a draw, he goes what's going on here we only drew. And then they win the Scottish Cup and slaughters them at full time saying we set standards long ago.

For me, we wouldn't have lost that Final under Lennon. Not a chance.

Quote Originally Posted by Allez Hibs View Post
    For me, I can't get that excited about this current team. I'd sell all the players that we rejected bids for in January and use it to rebuild.

Miller 94-96
    McLeish 00-01
    Mowbray 04-06
    Collins 06-07
    Stubbs 15-16
    Lennon 17-18

Watched the Alex Ferguson documentary on prime last night. He says we first played Rangers at Ibrox and sneaked a draw, at Full time the players are jumping up and down celebrating a draw, he goes what's going on here we only drew. And then they win the Scottish Cup and slaughters them at full time saying we set standards long ago.

That last paragraph ruins an otherwise interesting post.

Miller 94-96
    McLeish 00-01
    Mowbray 04-06
    Collins 06-07
    Stubbs 15-16
    Lennon 17-18

I agree that those teams are better than the current team, however there are a lot of missing years between 94 and now when we weren't.

I would sell as well and rebuild as well.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Quote Originally Posted by flash View Post
    That last paragraph ruins an otherwise interesting post.

Lennon never beat St Johnstone as Hibs manager. He blew a huge game at Tiny and his reaction to that - his “not accepting failure” saw the team descend to 8th place when he left.

How anyone would think he was a stick on to win the cup is beyond me.

FWIW, re the Ferguson quotes on the Old Firm - Jack Ross is also on record at starting the disappointment with drawing against them because he wants us to beat them.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar

Miller 94-96
    McLeish 00-01
    Mowbray 04-06
    Collins 06-07
    Stubbs 15-16
    Lennon 17-18

Miller 94-96 - What about the years of boredom we had to endure before Lexo assembled that team? Yet Jack ross with better immediate results doesn't merit the same patience?

Collins 06-07 - Sorry, but he just picked up where Mowbray left off.

Stubbs 15-16 - Great side but couldn't break down stuffy teams either.

Lennon 17-18 - 18 maybe, the 17 part was less memorable.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Quote Originally Posted by scoopyboy View Post
    I agree that those teams are better than the current team, however there are a lot of missing years between 94 and now when we weren't.

I would sell as well and rebuild as well.
    Stubbs 15-16 is an interesting comparison.

We finished 3rd in the Championship and lost a cup final to Ross County, and a play-off (not the final) to Falkirk, before winning the Scottish Cup.

I was a huge fan of Stubbs and thought he was unlucky not to win more, however I think it’s hard to make a case that the 15-16 side was better than the current side who finished third in the top flight.

That’s quite a leap, imho.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

Quote Originally Posted by jacomo View Post
    I’m still raging.

What games don’t matter?

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

Miller 94-96
    McLeish 00-01
    Mowbray 04-06
    Collins 06-07
    Stubbs 15-16
    Lennon 17-18

There is every chance. Lennon did not win once against St Johnstone as Hibernian manager. So yes, we probably do lose it.

Or, more likely, Motherwell at home.

TBF to him, Jack Ross did something logical and understandable and just put out his best team that day. Lots of people on here were grinding their teeth over his choice to play a different keeper in the semi saying it was a disgrace we “weren’t playing our best team”. Lots of the same people saying all we needed to do to win was “turn up”, ignoring the fact that St Johnstone had our number all season and the only time we got something meaningful from them was a last minute contentious penalty.

Unfortunately they nullified us perfectly and made us look very poor, something we have done to other teams this season ourselves.

The more I look back at it with a calm head, the more I think that was the best thing Jack Ross could do against a team who just have our number just now. In time we will be more versatile and have that understanding as a team and we could do something very special with this squad and manager if we allow them to do so.

Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post
    There is every chance. Lennon did not win once against St Johnstone as Hibernian manager. So yes, we probably do lose it.

Or, more likely, Motherwell at home.
    He also blew the semi final against Aberdeen before we even took the field with a bizarre team selection, and played Laidlaw against Celtic who wasn’t nearly as good as Marciano.

Unless he has the biggest budget in a competiton, Neil Lennon doesn’t do winning things as a manager.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Northernhibee View Post
    He also blew the semi final against Aberdeen before we even took the field with a bizarre team selection, and played Laidlaw against Celtic who wasn’t nearly as good as Marciano.

Unless he has the biggest budget in a competiton, Neil Lennon doesn’t do winning things as a manager.
    The early goal was a killer though and a bit of a freak goal. We done well against a very good Aberdeen side.

Its safe to say we did feel confident going into that game.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Brightside View Post
    If people are still upset at this point they need to reevaluate their life. There is something very unhealthy of carrying about all that disappointment. They must really struggle when things that really matter in life hit them square on. Its just a game of football.
    Do you actually read posts , nobody has mentioned anything outside of Hibs and having to reevaluate their life. Its a football thing quite easy to seperate that from the rest of my life.
    Are you one of the ones that if Hibs get beat you go home and kick the cat and don't speak to anyone ?

Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post

We finished 3rd in the Championship and lost a cup final to Ross County, and a play-off (not the final) to Falkirk, before winning the Scottish Cup.

I was a huge fan of Stubbs and thought he was unlucky not to win more, however I think it’s hard to make a case that the 15-16 side was better than the current side who finished third in the top flight.

My judgement is maybe clouded by the fact that I really enjoyed the two seasons with Stubbs as manager.

@hibs.net private member
    I'm not angry anymore but just feel drained from this season and apathetic. Didn't bother watching either of the European finals and beginning to develop a major dose of apathy towards football in general. I've been going that way for a while but Hibs were always different.

I'm sure I'll pick myself up but right now I can't say I'm excited for next season. Getting fans back and being able to properly watch games with friends at the pub will probably drag me back.

@hibs.net private member sleeping giant's Avatar
    Do you actually read posts , nobody has mentioned anything outside of Hibs and having to reevaluate their life. Its a football thing quite easy to seperate that from the rest of my life.
    Are you one of the ones that if Hibs get beat you go home and kick the cat and don't speak to anyone ?
    You seem desperate to keep these crap threads going.
    Hibs 4 life my arse.
    No Eternal Reward Shall Forgive Us Now For Wasting The Dawn

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post

The 15-16 Stubbs team was quite clearly a Top 4 Premier side stuck in the Championship. We beat every Premier side we faced. Granted it didn't get out the Championship but that side was everything we want in a Hibs team.

Attacking exciting fast paced football, wave after wave of attack.

The 15-16 Stubbs team was quite clearly a Top 4 Premier side stuck in the Championship. We beat every Premier side we faced. Granted it didn't get out the Championship but that side was everything we want in a Hibs team.

"Granted we didn't get out of the Championship" is a caveat to be proud of.

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar

Just a wee bit of confusion here...we were clearly a top 4 premier league side who couldn't get out of the championship after losing over 2 legs to our main competitors in the division?
    "...when Hibs won the Scottish Cup final and that celebration, Sunshine on Leith? I don’t think there’s a better football celebration ever in the game.”

Sir Alex Ferguson

Some of the comments, bitching and sniping on this thread is crazy.

Unless your opinion fits the narrative your shot down on here