hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    @hibs.net private member

Rumours of Joma as next season’s kit manufacturer....

I’m hearing a few murmurs that our kits will be manufactured by Joma from next season... has anyone heard this too?

I, for one, would be disappointed if this is true.

2. Log in to remove the advert

As long as they're green and white that's the main thing.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackSheep View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I’m hearing a few murmurs that our kits will be manufactured by Joma from next season... has anyone heard this too?

I, for one, would be disappointed if this is true.
    Whatever brings in the most money the club is what I’m happy with. Commercial side of the club seems to have really stepped up a gear since RG came in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: calhill19
    Would rather stick with Macron if we weren’t able to get something like adidas or nike.

@hibs.net private member Dalianwanda's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    They have some nice tops, with plenty of big clubs. Why would people be against this? Does anyone know about the quality of the kits or is it just a bit of brand snobbery? ps wish we had Kappa :-)

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    I couldn't give a flying...no, wait, what a pointless, destructive post that would be. You don't like when other people do that so don't be a hypocrite.

No, I haven't heard any rumours about the kit.
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

Bukta anyone ??

Agree about it being a disappointing choice if true, Joma kits are pretty crap IMO.

I'm not going to pretend that I don't care about what the kits look like, but if it brings in significantly more money than any other brand, then so be it, I suppose.

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Vault Boy View Post
    Agree about it being a disappointing choice if true, Joma kits are pretty crap IMO.

I'm not going to pretend that I don't care about what the kits look like, but if it brings in significantly more money than any other brand, then so be it, I suppose.
    I’ll try and focus on the smarter Spanish strips they make (I think) rather than the pub team strips they make here.

I don’t really care though. Quite liked Macron but not really arsed.

IMO the worst strip we’ve had in recent years was the Nike home strip we got the year we got relegated. That really was a pub team strip, even if it was a big brand that made it.

Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bingo70 View Post
    I’ll try and focus on the smarter Spanish strips they make (I think) rather than the pub team strips they make here.

I don’t really care though. Quite liked Macron but not really arsed.

IMO the worst strip we’ve had in recent years was the Nike home strip we got the year we got relegated. That really was a pub team strip, even if it was a big brand that made it.
    Got to say the shade of green of that top was the best there’s been. The only downside to it for me was the Crabbies sponsor.

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    https://www.joma-sport.com/en

Looking at the teams they provide kits for, we’re certainly not too big a club to have kit supplied by them.

@hibs.net private member
    I'd be happy with asda George if it's green and white and gives us the most cash

@hibs.net private member CraigHibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Stairway 2 7 View Post
    I'd be happy with asda George if it's green and white and gives us the most cash

Quote Originally Posted by The Count View Post
    Bukta anyone ??
    That's the only strip I ever had - quality.

Quote Originally Posted by Yorkshire HFC View Post
    That's the only strip I ever had - quality.
    Shorts were quality too.Remember seeing Michael Caine wearing them on the Spion Kop !!!!

If it gives us the most cash then fine whatever but it'll be a hard pass from me on the buying front

@hibs.net private member
    I was dead against Macron and now I’m an absolute convert, ended up getting macron gear for the team I run.

Looking forward to seeing what Joma have to offer.

First Team Breakthrough
    I thought macron had another year after this to run.. I'm not really fussed as long as kits don't look cheap, but would prefer a more named brand suppose it depends on the best deal though eh.

A return to this strip, please

Coaching Staff

Left by mutual consent!
    No way!!

Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member
    Would love to see us go back to adidas and a nod to the strips of the late 80s/early 90s. I have to say that there is something special about the three stripes.

You can tell that most other Hibs fans agree given the price that the old adidas tops go for. I dont think any of the LQS strips have created a similar demand and I think the macron strips will be the same but I guess noone knows the future.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

Hibernians of Malta use Joma.
    Also they are actually named after our club, see below a part of their official website.

The club played one season in 1922 as Constitutionals FC, representing the pro-British Constitutional Party. They started up again in the 1927–28 season and became a top amateur side, winning the Amateur League in 1930–31.

Meanwhile, the Constitutional Party had upset the Roman Catholic Church so much that, in May 1930, it was made a mortal sin for Catholics to vote for the party. The football club changed its name a year later to Hibernians Football Club as a nod to Hibernian, the club founded by Irish Catholics in Edinburgh. They won their first match as Hibernians 2–1, against HMS Antelope in October 1931. They had to wait for a place to become available in the professional league, but in January 1933 they joined the league with a 3–1 victory over Sliema Rangers. They have stayed in the top division ever since.

Hibernians faced a long period of decline followed the success of the 1980s to the end of the decade.

https://www.joma-sport.com/en/camise...Fvillarreal-cf

Can anyone Photoshop this one into the right colours?

@hibs.net private member superfurryhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JGS56 View Post
    Hibernians of Malta use Joma.
    Also they are actually named after our club, see below a part of their official website.

The club played one season in 1922 as Constitutionals FC, representing the pro-British Constitutional Party. They started up again in the 1927–28 season and became a top amateur side, winning the Amateur League in 1930–31.

Meanwhile, the Constitutional Party had upset the Roman Catholic Church so much that, in May 1930, it was made a mortal sin for Catholics to vote for the party. The football club changed its name a year later to Hibernians Football Club as a nod to Hibernian, the club founded by Irish Catholics in Edinburgh. They won their first match as Hibernians 2–1, against HMS Antelope in October 1931. They had to wait for a place to become available in the professional league, but in January 1933 they joined the league with a 3–1 victory over Sliema Rangers. They have stayed in the top division ever since.

Hibernians faced a long period of decline followed the success of the 1980s to the end of the decade.
    Always wondered if we have ever played them? I suspect we haven't.

With regard to the strip. I don't really care who makes them, as long as the cash is right.

@hibs.net private member weecounty hibby's Avatar
    Green body, white sleeves ✔️
    Hibs badge in chest ✔️
    Best financial package(you would think) ✔️
    Not convinced that Adidas or Nike would have produced anything for us over the last few years that would have been much better than we had. Also from memory the contractual situation with Mike and the shop were a nightmare.

Quote Originally Posted by superfurryhibby View Post
    Always wondered if we have ever played them? I suspect we haven't.

With regard to the strip. I don't really care who makes them, as long as the cash is right.
    We have never played them in an official capacity.

I feel like Joma is quite a big brand in mainland Europe but it's not something we see or get much in the UK. I'm sure the club will weigh up the options and pick the best suit for Hibs in the end.
    Last edited by SChibs; 22-12-2020 at 11:25 AM.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibee_easty
    I think I last cared about who made our strips when I was about 13.

Whoever gives us the best deal will do now, so long as the strip is the right colour.

I see the SPFL just announced a new deal that Glens Vodka is now the official spirit partnership. Not sure we needed one, but they’ve gone out and got the worst vodka available signed up!

@hibs.net private member The Modfather's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LeithMike View Post
    Would love to see us go back to adidas and a nod to the strips of the late 80s/early 90s. I have to say that there is something special about the three stripes.

You can tell that most other Hibs fans agree given the price that the old adidas tops go for. I dont think any of the LQS strips have created a similar demand and I think the macron strips will be the same but I guess noone knows the future.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk
    Agreed, the late 80s/early 90s Adidas strips are the benchmark IMO. The Frank Graham Group top is my all time favourite. I have one, but would need to go back 10 years to get into it again. It appears to have shrunk over the years...