hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenCastle View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think is too simplistic.

They were thrown under the bus with tactics that didn稚 work which didn稚 play to our strengths - played into the Saints strengths. Saints put everything into it but that痴 because their formation soaked up our tactics and threats. Where as the game passes many of our players by.

Man City final / Hibs final - both managers made errors picking teams and tactics and the underdogs won.
    I'm not sure that happened. How often did Boyle beat his man? How often did we string a pass together in the middle of the park? I think we had some basic failures on the pitch and just pushing Doig further up wouldn't have fixed that.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Smartie View Post
    Tactics with this side I have to say I'm less interested in tbh. One way or another we'll figure it out. I'm not sure what we're playing half the time as it seems to be a variation on several formations.
    I think that's by design.
    3-5-2 without the ball then we get the ball/counter McGinn shifts to RB and create a back 4 with Boyle pushing up to be part of the front 3.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Northernhibee View Post
    What is 鍍urning up? We put our best team out, St Johnstone stifled every part of us expertly and we aren稚 versatile enough to effectively charge what we do yet. Just another buzzword.
    It's not losing two 50 50s one after the other to Callum Booth then diving in when standing up would have worked and competed for a header in our box. Didn't win one second ball when it is knocked up to our striker who although not winning the header it dropped every time about 20 yards where he was and not once did we remotely get near it. 5 mins from the end 10 yards outside their box Murray Davidson is able to control a second ball in about 20 yards of space without any pressure at all. So many of the basics were nowhere near good enough.

@hibs.net private member superfurryhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JimBHibees View Post
    It's not losing two 50 50s one after the other to Callum Booth then diving in when standing up would have worked and competed for a header in our box. Didn't win one second ball when it is knocked up to our striker who although not winning the header it dropped every time about 20 yards where he was and not once did we remotely get near it. 5 mins from the end 10 yards outside their box Murray Davidson is able to control a second ball in about 20 yards of space without any pressure at all. So many of the basics were nowhere near good enough.
    The team lacked passion and commitment, not many people denying that and nothing exemplified it more than the wimpish attempts at tackles on Booth, a man hardly known for his robust physical approach to the game.
    Last edited by superfurryhibby; 01-06-2021 at 10:27 PM.

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibee Mac View Post
    I was thinking about the formation/tactics next year too. Ross seems to be flexible depending on the players at his disposal which I think is the only reason we ended up playing 3 at the back this year.

From my perspective I'd like to see us make a 4-3-3 work. I can't remember a single Hibs side I've seen playing 4-3-3 successfully, no idea why.
    I might be wrong, but wasn稚 Mowbray痴 side predominately a 4-3-3?

First Team Breakthrough Max_Shah's Avatar
    Nah, its cool bro. Don't worry.

Fitba folk ken...