hibs.net Messageboard

Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Hibs Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by bingo70 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    First part of that is a daft post.

You don’t need to be an expert to know they got it wrong. That’s the point, it’s the public they are trying to engage with, not e-communication strategy experts, the public are clearly saying they got it wrong, hence all the debate around it.

FWIW you maybe missed it but if you look up on this thread a bit you will see there actually is a professional in this field saying they got it wrong. Sorry, can’t remember the name of the poster.

Your last sentence is spot on, that’s why it’s annoying the social media person misjudged the earlier tweet.
    It it was that badly misjudged, then surely a noticeable percentage of Hibs' 91.2k followers on Twitter would have responded with their disappointment, instead of just a handful of loudmouths who probably haven't got a good word to say about Hibs right now?
    Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Companies sponsor things to get attention. So club tells people it’s going to announce something at 2pm to get people’s attention for said sponsor.

Is this news to people?

madhatter
    Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottB View Post
    Companies sponsor things to get attention. So club tells people it’s going to announce something at 2pm to get people’s attention for said sponsor.

Is this news to people?
    I’ll reply next Friday at 2pm.

Quote Originally Posted by stantonhibby View Post
    My guess is that most rational adults would have seen a tweet saying good news at 2pm.....and funnily enough there was good news.
    I suspect about 90% of people who would have seen the 'teaser' would have ultimately been disappointed with the actual announcement. That's not a good communication strategy.

I think people are polarising the issue here as being either pro or anti twitter trolls. It's okay to think that folk in the twitter replies are arse holes but also admit that the club probably could have handled the announcement in a more effective way. Which undoubtedly they could and should have.

@hibs.net private member jeffers's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mcohibs View Post
    I suspect about 90% of people who would have seen the 'teaser' would have ultimately been disappointed with the actual announcement. That's not a good communication strategy.

I think people are polarising the issue here as being either pro or anti twitter trolls. It's okay to think that folk in the twitter replies are arse holes but also admit that the club probably could have handled the announcement in a more effective way. Which undoubtedly they could and should have.
    I’m not really bothered about this, primarily because it was after 2pm before I saw anything about it, so didn’t get the chance to get excited then potentially disappointed. I do however agree with your first paragraph. I don’t know why it was felt there was a need to tweet the teaser in the first place, why not just tweet the news at 2pm ?

Quote Originally Posted by Eyrie View Post
    It it was that badly misjudged, then surely a noticeable percentage of Hibs' 91.2k followers on Twitter would have responded with their disappointment, instead of just a handful of loudmouths who probably haven't got a good word to say about Hibs right now?
    There has hardly been any chat about the actual good news but there’s pages and pages about whether they got the announcement right.

There are negative comments on the platform they used to release the news but very little in the way of positive comments.

I’ll not be rushing to tweet my disapproval, tell the person tweeting that they’re this or that, but some of the tweets in the last few weeks have been terrible. I think they were trolling today.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by mcohibs View Post

Based on the response they could’ve definitely handled it better- I’m just wondering what would’ve stoped the outrage? No comms at all or no teaser then a surprise announcement?

@hibs.net private member CapitalGreen's Avatar
    The recent twitter output has been akin to a stand up comedian dying on stage. A comedy audience doesn’t turn up to a gig with the intention of heckling and booing an act. However, if a comedian is struggling with their delivery and not getting many laughs then it’s likely the audience will quickly turn against them. After a string of dud tweets and mistakes, with the audience firmly against them, today’s “Good news at 2pm” teaser was the equivalent of said comedian saying “hold on you’ll like this next one” and then failing deliver a good punchline.

Any abuse of people working for the club is out of line, nobody deserves to be abused on line just for doing their job. However, while some have resorted to extreme inappropriate behaviour, the fact remains that many are disappointed with the content/output of the clubs social media channels in recent months. This feeling isn’t based on a single tweet but a lot of the output over that time. While in isolation, instances such as today, missing our key player from the cup final line up or calling Paul McGinn John McGinn during the POTY are not a big deal, cumulatively they start to make the club look amateur and a target for ridicule by rival fans.

Quote Originally Posted by CapitalGreen View Post
    The recent twitter output has been akin to a stand up comedian dying on stage. A comedy audience doesn’t turn up to a gig with the intention of heckling and booing an act. However, if a comedian is struggling with their delivery and not getting many laughs then it’s likely the audience will quickly turn against them. After a string of dud tweets and mistakes, with the audience firmly against them, today’s “Good news at 2pm” teaser was the equivalent of said comedian saying “hold on you’ll like this next one” and then failing deliver a good punchline.

Any abuse of people working for the club is out of line, nobody deserves to be abused on line just for doing their job. However, while some have resorted to extreme inappropriate behaviour, the fact remains that many are disappointed with the content/output of the clubs social media channels in recent months. This feeling isn’t based on a single tweet but a lot of the output over that time. While in isolation, instances such as today, missing our key player from the cup final line up or calling Paul McGinn John McGinn during the POTYare not a big deal, cumulatively they start to make the club look amateur and a target for ridicule by rival fans.
    While this may or may not be described as a good or bad post, I'm only thankful that I'm not on twitter or whatever else, Dearie me.

Mon the Cabbage!!!

@hibs.net private member Spike Mandela's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Investment from a priciple partner and shirt sponsorship is major news at any club and worthy of media build up. Ron Gordon identified gaps in our commercial and corporate activity in the city and certainly appears to be delivering.

Twitter is a cesspit. Full of vile trolls. A necessary part of any modern communication strategy but every time you dip your toe in it you come away feeling soiled.

Too many people treat twitter like it is real life, the slightest mistake in a tweet is earth shattering. Most people, most Hibs supporters don’t give a **** how it was delivered on twitter, they just acknowledge some good Hibs news and get on with the rest of their day.
    Last edited by Spike Mandela; 05-06-2021 at 07:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Danderhall Hibs View Post
    Based on the response they could’ve definitely handled it better- I’m just wondering what would’ve stoped the outrage? No comms at all or no teaser then a surprise announcement?
    A selection of hibs dummy tits for the dafties that were so upset by the teaser. If I’m the company ploughing a couple of hundred grand into the club I better get a build up or I’m not happy. That’s a bit more important than the usual suspects on Twitter. Who do not show anything like the demographic of the Hibs supporters.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Spike Mandela View Post
    Investment from a priciple partner and shirt sponsorship is major news at any club and worthy of media build up. Ron Gordon identified gaps in our commercial and corporate activity in the city and certainly appears to be delivering.

Twitter is a cesspit. Full of vile trolls. A necessary part of any modern communication strategy but every time you dip your toe in it you come away feeling soiled.

Too many people treat twitter like it is real life, the slightest mistake in a tweet is earth shattering. Most people, most Hibs supporters don’t give a **** how it was delivered on twitter, they just acknowledge some good Hibs news and get on with the rest of their day.
    I love Twitter use it most days, the only issue is that every idiot with a phone has a voice that will reach 91k+ hibs followers should they read the comments.

We’re back to the stage where for a select group of fans the club can do nothing right, we lost a cup final we had no divine right to win and now things like announcing player of the year or a player scoring for his national team or heavens forbid the club regains an income stream many fans have voiced concerns over losing the last couple of years and these idiots hammer them night and day.

I think the club owe Utillita to at least attempt to create a stir with a big ‘drum roll’ style announcement it’s the least they’d expect from investing 6 figures in the club any main sponsor would, to hammer the club because they’ve done that is mental IMO it says more about these guys on twitter some of them fully grown men that they’ve got there knickers in such a twist over signings none of them know will actually happen that any announcement other than ‘Sparky returns’ is being treated with such disrespect.

I actually wonder how long it will be before the draw bridge gets pulled up again and we end up with the total disconnect we had prior to Dempster and stubbs coming in, I’m aware it’s a minority of the 91k+ followers buts it’s a droning constant torrent of negativity on every subject id at least expect the twitter guy to be cut from the wage bill and links to direct articles on the website to replace it

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dmas View Post
    I love Twitter use it most days, the only issue is that every idiot with a phone has a voice that will reach 91k+ hibs followers should they read the comments.

We’re back to the stage where for a select group of fans the club can do nothing right, we lost a cup final we had no divine right to win and now things like announcing player of the year or a player scoring for his national team or heavens forbid the club regains an income stream many fans have voiced concerns over losing the last couple of years and these idiots hammer them night and day.

I think the club owe Utillita to at least attempt to create a stir with a big ‘drum roll’ style announcement it’s the least they’d expect from investing 6 figures in the club any main sponsor would, to hammer the club because they’ve done that is mental IMO it says more about these guys on twitter some of them fully grown men that they’ve got there knickers in such a twist over signings none of them know will actually happen that any announcement other than ‘Sparky returns’ is being treated with such disrespect.

I actually wonder how long it will be before the draw bridge gets pulled up again and we end up with the total disconnect we had prior to Dempster and stubbs coming in, I’m aware it’s a minority of the 91k+ followers buts it’s a droning constant torrent of negativity on every subject id at least expect the twitter guy to be cut from the wage bill and links to direct articles on the website to replace it
    Well said.

Yep, I'm not sure if these clowns realise that they're probably affecting the club's commercial income possibilities given the poison that appears under every communication?

... then they'll moan when the likes of Aberdeen outbid us for players.

Left by mutual consent!
    FFS..perhaps naively Hibs twitter thought they could inject a wee bit better feeling amongst a pissed off support. Anyone with half a brain should be able to see that. Do you think they're deliberately trying to wind people up. To those snowflakes hurting cos "Hibs put a crap tweet out" ......Grow the **** up and act like decent human beings.

Quote Originally Posted by Bangkok Hibby View Post
    FFS..perhaps naively Hibs twitter thought they could inject a wee bit better feeling amongst a pissed off support. Anyone with half a brain should be able to see that. Do you think they're deliberately trying to wind people up. To those snowflakes hurting cos "Hibs put a crap tweet out" ......Grow the **** up and act like decent human beings.
    Is anybody really hurting because of it?

The reaction to the reaction is more laughable than the reaction to the tweet!

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by B.H.F.C View Post

Indeed you are welcome to your opinion.

Sorry didn't mean to hit post there. Perhaps I should change "hurting" to "angry" cannae be arsed though. Folk know what I mean.
    Last edited by Bangkok Hibby; 05-06-2021 at 08:20 AM.

The second sentence is the height of nonsense.

Quote Originally Posted by Peevemor View Post
    The second sentence is the height of nonsense.
    All right for you to call people dicks, weirdos and so on. Consistently on here telling people they’re talking nonsense.

You do the same thing you moan about others doing but there’ll always be a justification as to why it’s all right for you to do so, of course.

Think you enjoy the argument like the Twitter ‘dicks’.

You would think they could find a better picture of Jack Ross for his birthday message on socials - surely can’t be that hard ?

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenCastle View Post
    You would think they could find a better picture of Jack Ross for his birthday message on socials - surely can’t be that hard ?
    It’s outrageous that he’s even having a birthday this year. I hope the twitterati are up in arms about this.

Quote Originally Posted by Danderhall Hibs View Post
    It’s outrageous that he’s even having a birthday this year. I hope the twitterati are up in arms about this.
    Agreed - luckily Hibs aren’t paying someone to tweet to 91,000 folk. I’ve seen amateur clubs use better graphics for posts.

Disclaimer I don’t comment on Hibs Twitter - just here.

There has hardly been any chat about the actual good news but there’s pages and pages about whether they got the announcement right.

There are negative comments on the platform they used to release the news but very little in the way of positive comments.

I’ll not be rushing to tweet my disapproval, tell the person tweeting that they’re this or that, but some of the tweets in the last few weeks have been terrible. I think they were trolling today.
    Again, it's a very small number of people complaining on here and there are more posters stating that they are fine with how Hibs handled the major announcement of our main sponsor for the next two seasons.

As always in life it's those who aren't happy who make the most noise. The problem is that they're not happy with Hibs. Their complaints have nothing to do with the announcement, nothing to do with the identity of our sponsor and nothing to do with the amount of sponsorship. Instead they're simply using the announcement as another stick to beat the club with.

Conversely there is little for a football fan to get excited about by the announcement, hence the lack of supportive tweets or posts. It's a non-controversial sponsor paying us the expected sum of money for the sponsorship.
    Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.

Quote Originally Posted by Eyrie View Post
    Again, it's a very small number of people complaining on here and there are more posters stating that they are fine with how Hibs handled the major announcement of our main sponsor for the next two seasons.

As always in life it's those who aren't happy who make the most noise. The problem is that they're not happy with Hibs. Their complaints have nothing to do with the announcement, nothing to do with the identity of our sponsor and nothing to do with the amount of sponsorship. Instead they're simply using the announcement as another stick to beat the club with.

Conversely there is little for a football fan to get excited about by the announcement, hence the lack of supportive tweets or posts. It's a non-controversial sponsor paying us the expected sum of money for the sponsorship.
    The comments in response to the announcement were clearly driven by the earlier tweet though. If the earlier tweet hadn’t happened, they’re not happening IMO and there isn’t another debate about our social media output.

We're now over 20 hours on from the tweet. Why is this still a thing?

Would it not just be easier and better for all to let it lie and move on? The last 4 or 5 pages are dominated by the same half a dozen posters making the same points over and over again. No one is going to change their mind this far down the line so it has long ceased being a debate. The advice has repeatedly been that people on Twitter need to grow up, maybe that applies here as well. Agree to disagree and move on FFS before yet another thread has to be closed.

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post

Would it not just be easier and better for all to let it lie and move on? The last 4 or 5 pages are dominated by the same half a dozen posters making the same points over and over again. No one is going to change their mind this far down the line so it has long ceased being a debate. The advice has repeatedly been that people on Twitter need to grow up, maybe that applies here as well. Agree to disagree and move on FFS before yet another thread has to be closed.
    Is this closing threads because people disagree not becoming a bit OTT? I appreciate that they can drag on, but nobody is forced to read them.

The comments in response to the announcement were clearly driven by the earlier tweet though. If the earlier tweet hadn’t happened, they’re not happening IMO and there isn’t another debate about our social media output.
    Then Hibs need to stop making any announcements because, regardless of what the announcement says, there will always be some idiot who wants to criticise despite claiming to be a Hibs fan.

Criticism is fair enough when mistakes have been made (confusing the McGinns, the 5-1 tweet) but yesterday wasn't one of those occasions.

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post

It's the offseason.

Pointless and repetitive bickering about trivialities is all we have until there is a signing rumour. Preferably one with plenty of pun potential

All right for you to call people dicks, weirdos and so on. Consistently on here telling people they’re talking nonsense.

You do the same thing you moan about others doing but there’ll always be a justification as to why it’s all right for you to do so, of course.

Think you enjoy the argument like the Twitter ‘dicks’.
    If people are being dicks then I see no harm in calling it as it is. To suggest that that makes me worse than them is nonsense.

You keep responding to my posts telling my how wrong the club's twitter guy has got things, something you've done far less with others who express similar views to my own.

It looks to me like you're the one "enjoying the argument".

Posters on here roaring and greeting about people hiding behind "faceless accounts" giving out "abuse" on twitter yet they are running away onto a different platform, behind a faceless account, to call people morons, dicks, clowns ect. If you think that then why not pull these people up on twitter instead of coming onto here and being a hypocrite? Would be laughable if it wasnt so predictable/sad.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by we are hibs View Post
    Posters on here roaring and greeting about people hiding behind "faceless accounts" giving out "abuse" on twitter yet they are running away onto a different platform, behind a faceless account, to call people morons, dicks, clowns ect. If you think that then why not pull these people up on twitter instead of coming onto here and being a hypocrite? Would be laughable if it wasnt so predictable/sad.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
    Hypocrite ? Running away?

Yeah, you've got me down to a T.

I take it you agree with the morons & clowns then?