hibs.net Messageboard

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Hibs Twitter

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Just announce the sponsor. It's good news by any measure but it didn't need a 2 hour tease.

Announce it and people say 'Oh that's good'. Do a daft build up and people say 'you're trolling us', 'sack the Twitter guy' etc etc.

The latter isn't right. No one deserves the abuse the guy gets but it was just a total misread of a situation.
    If you had a company that was putting a large amount of money into the club would you not want a big build up?

United we stand here....

2. Log in to remove the advert

First Team Breakthrough HTD1875's Avatar
    Sure we had the same build up to the Arsenal Friendly and the Brighton link up folk should be wise to this by now. Gave me a laugh anyway most of the replies on social media are in good humour not seen any personal abuse of hibs staff.

Quote Originally Posted by HTD1875 View Post
    Sure we had the same build up to the Arsenal Friendly and the Brighton link up folk should be wise to this by now. Gave me a laugh anyway most of the replies on social media are in good humour not seen any personal abuse of hibs staff.
    Aye so they are.

Quote Originally Posted by Northernhibee View Post
    Even if it cost a couple of hundred season tickets, I’d totally back the club if they were to say to some of the Twitter posters “you’re not welcome back into Easter Road “ and block them.
    Aye, let’s alienate fans with a weird social media output and then reduce our income further by telling folk that give Hibs a fair chunk of their hard earned cash to stop doing so and once we’re back in the ground folk will moan about the lack of atmosphere and how empty it is.

I’m not condoning personal abuse in any way but the reaction on here is way beyond reasonable, the number of posts on twitter that cross the line I’ve probably seen single digits of, the vast majority of comments echo how I and many other fans feel, we’re pissed off at the way we bottled a cup final and the way our twitter account has been behaving since is like they’re trying to rile our own support up further.

By all means, this news is good news, the video is brilliant, tell us the news, post the video but a “ANNOUNCEMENT AT 2PM” post hours ago, getting everyone excited it’s a signing or even a kit and then announcing that is shocking patter.

I’m not asking for anyone to lose their job but it’s really not hard to educate the person/people responsible for the account how to manage it properly.
    Last edited by Up The Bracket; 04-06-2021 at 01:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Peevemor View Post
    They didn't hype anything up.

They released a wee teaser.

You might not care, but a "significant" 6 figure sponsorship deal pays for players.

Stop moaning, get real and grow up!
    The whole point of the teaser was to hype it up a bit surely?

Either that or it was more designed to wind up. Which is quite possibly IMO given the reaction was entirely predictable.

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lord bunberry View Post
    If you had a company that was putting a large amount of money into the club would you not want a big build up?
    I think you can do that without winding up the fans though.

The tweet was designed to get people excited about something that was never going to excite the fans.

I think now there’s a negative surrounding the sponsorship announcement when it should have been a positive thing.

I think you’d prefer a positive reaction. As soon as some people haven’t seen Griffiths with the scarf above his head (or something along those lines) they probably haven’t even bothered reading any further.

It was poorly communicated in my opinion as the original tweet made it seem like it was going to be perhaps a new signing.

It's not worth people getting their knickers in a twist over it though.

Theres nothing wrong with it but it just feels like there is no really understanding of the support in that situation. It seemed to be teased to be something along the lines of a signing and it just becomes a bit of an anti climax.

I'd want the news to be seen as a positive.

Now the social media reaction is predominantly one that says 'what a letdown'. That won't be reflective of the overall feeling of course but it's a part of it. As I said had they released what is a great little video, announced a new sponsor and stated it was a significant investment in the club it would have seen a reaction that was almost universally positive. Instead we had people speculating about contract extensions or big name signings so the reaction is less favourable. Do we need or want a 2 hour build up to the news that a sponsor is moving from one part of the strip to another? I think it's just another misreading of the crowd on Twitter, sometimes people in football don't think about things the same way fans do and it shows.

I suppose the flip side is when Hibs actually have some exciting news to share (exciting as in exciting from a football perspective rather than good business news that is) then people will be expecting another damp squib so will be taken by surprise. Maybe that's the plan.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SaulGoodman View Post
    If someone came up to me in the street and said “Wait here 3 hours and I’ll be back with some good news!” And then came back and said “Hibs have a new sponsor!” I’d probably tell him to piss off tbf
    Had you chosen to follow that person about, and why didn’t you do anything else in that three hours when there was literally nothing stopping you?

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    I'd want the news to be seen as a positive.

Now the social media reaction is predominantly one that says 'what a letdown'. That won't be reflective of the overall feeling of course but it's a part of it. As I said had they released what is a great little video, announced a new sponsor and stated it was a significant investment in the club it would have seen a reaction that was almost universally positive. Instead we had people speculating about contract extensions or big name signings so the reaction is less favourable. Do we need or want a 2 hour build up to the news that a sponsor is moving from one part of the strip to another? I think it's just another misreading of the crowd on Twitter. I think sometimes people in football don't always think about things the same way fans do and it shows.

I suppose the flip side is when Hibs actually have some exciting news to share (exciting as in exciting from a football perspective rather than good business news that is) then people will be expecting another damp squib so will be taken by surprise. Maybe that's the plan.
    They shouldn’t post it on social media - stick it on the 0898 clubcall.

Anything they post is just a call for the hilarious and usually anonymous folk to post the most “funny” and/or outraged sentence they can.

First Team Breakthrough HTD1875's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by flash View Post
    Aye so they are.
    Yup, most of the comments I seen are people having a laugh at their own expense for getting excited over a sponsor.

@hibs.net private member
    Had you chosen to follow that person about, and why didn’t you do anything else in that three hours when there was literally nothing stopping you?
    Couldn’t do anything in the 3 hours than focus on how much outrage there would be if it’s not an announcement that they wanted.

Even if it had been a signing they’d have been underwhelmed.

@hibs.net private member Dalianwanda's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Danderhall Hibs View Post
    Couldn’t do anything in the 3 hours than focus on how much outrage there would be if it’s not an announcement that they wanted.

Even if it had been a signing they’d have been underwhelmed.
    If it was a signing announcement they would already be asking when the next one is happening.

Coaching Staff
    The ‘teaser’ was pretty obviously not going to be about a signing or a strip launch. Suspected it was a sponsor.

I think on this one people only have themselves to blame if they read any more into it than that.

Quote Originally Posted by HTD1875 View Post
    Yup, most of the comments I seen are people having a laugh at their own expense for getting excited over a sponsor.
    The 'admin' has been told numerous times to f*** off and been referred to as scu*.

Quote Originally Posted by flash View Post
    Just don't announce it at all then. That should attract a decent sponsor.
    So the choice is between having ***** communications or no communications at all?

If I was utilita I'd be disappointed in the way Hibs handled the announcement. Its taken what should have been a positive thing and unnecessarily baited the fans into thinking it was something bigger than it was, ending up in bad exposure.

Its hardly the end of the world and I disagree with the lynch mob on twitter but it should have been obvious what the reaction would be. 99% of people who seen the original post about a 2pm announcement would have been disappointed (whether they vocalise it online or not)

Quote Originally Posted by Andy74 View Post
    The ‘teaser’ was pretty obviously not going to be about a signing or a strip launch. Suspected it was a sponsor.

I think on this one people only have themselves to blame if they read any more into it than that.
    I think you’re giving the average fan too much credit.

What you’ve described is probably how fans should react however I think everybody will have known a tweet like that would generate more excitement and lead to greater expectations than a sponsor moving from the back of the shirt to the front.

I think the element of knowing your audience was missed by the club there.

Anyway, I’m just relieved I was wrong snd it wasn’t a mew contract for Jack Ross 😉 😂

This is still hypothetical isn’t it?

I’m just seeing the club delivering good news as promised. I feel a bit left out of things though. What am I doing wrong?
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

@hibs.net private member Stuart93's Avatar
    if it was a signing I wonder if it would’ve maybe influenced any further early bird renewals before the deadline

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    Honestly, I can't ever remember a time where so many Hibs supporters behaved like obnoxious wee brats.

People are moaning about everything but expect Ron & sponsors to plough in dosh regardless.

It reminds me of Kevin & Perry on Harry Enfield's show but without the humour.

Horrible!

First Team Breakthrough Anthony Soprano's Avatar
    There was no need for the build up, it could've been announced on it's own as a nice surprise and would've been seen as a positive.

It still is positive news and will pump some more cash into the club, but when you hype up the fans like that most are going to expect new signings/contracts or kit reveal.

Unfortunately the media team are out of touch with the fanbase atm and there's a real lack of understanding.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Soprano View Post
    There was no need for the build up, it could've been announced on it's own as a nice surprise and would've been seen as a positive.

It still is positive news and will pump some more cash into the club, but when you hype up the fans like that most are going to expect new signings/contracts or kit reveal.

Unfortunately the media team are out of touch with the fanbase atm and there's a real lack of understanding.
    The media team are doing their job. There's nothing at all wrong with their output today.

They can't help the actions of a minority of noisy, attention seeking idiots.

The media team are doing their job. There's nothing at all wrong with their output today.

I didn’t see anything wrong with it either. I saw we were promised some good news, got on with my day and came in to find that promise delivered. I’m happy with that.
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

Surely if they’re output on that particular platform attracts nothing but negative comments, they’re not doing their job particularly well? Whether you think those responding are idiots or not.

First Team Breakthrough Anthony Soprano's Avatar

Have to disagree, as I said before the announcement would've been better received as a surprise tweet, building up expectations and getting the fans excited for a shirt sponsor that was already on the back of the top was always going to be underwhelming.

That said i'm not annoyed about it but should be seen as a learning curve for the current media team

Quote Originally Posted by B.H.F.C View Post
    Surely if they’re output on that particular platform attracts nothing but negative comments, they’re not doing their job particularly well? Whether you think those responding are idiots or not.
    Exactly.

We didn’t just become idiots today 😂

Quote Originally Posted by B.H.F.C View Post
    Facebook and Twitter have been cess pits for a while in terms of some posters.

Generally it's thick wideos seeking attention.