hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Hibs Twitter

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: calhill19
    Quote Originally Posted by hibee1875 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Latest Twitter activity hasn’t gone down well. And I can fully understand why tbh. Hype the fans up early in the day saying there will be a 2pm announcement only to announce a new shirt sponsor.

NO ONE CARES HIBS!!

Fair enough tell us about it, but don’t get our hopes up that it’s going to be a new signing or kit reveal
    it’s not even a new shirt sponsor, it’s a promotion to the front of the jersey

Hibs twitter team have to be trolls for this.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member
    It is good news though isn’t it?

Just cos some folk made up that it was Griffiths signing and are now angry they were wrong doesn’t take away that fact.

Latest Twitter activity hasn’t gone down well. And I can fully understand why tbh. Hype the fans up early in the day saying there will be a 2pm announcement only to announce a new shirt sponsor.

NO ONE CARES HIBS!!

Fair enough tell us about it, but don’t get our hopes up that it’s going to be a new signing or kit reveal
    That's really poor from Hibs tbh and I've been one to defend the comms recently

Left by mutual consent!
    I’m raging that hibs have posted good news tbqh

Quote Originally Posted by Danderhall Hibs View Post
    It is good news though isn’t it?

Just cos some folk made up that it was Griffiths signing and are now angry they were wrong doesn’t take away that fact.
    It is good news, yes. But they should just be posting this good news without the teaser hours before which hightens anticipation and expectation levels that it's a big signing. The club really, really aren't doing themselves any favours on social media recently.

@hibs.net private member hibee1875's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mon Dieu4 View Post
    The toxicity on the replies is absolutely shocking and some folk need to have a serious word with themselves

I care, the video with Stanton was a really really good watch and in the middle of a pandemic any money coming into the club is good news

Some of our fans are right turn faced disasters, I've now done a total 180 on the Twitter admin, hope they continue to troll the **** out of people
    Fwiw I also think the toxicity is horrific and there is no place for the language used in some of the replies.

I also care that we’re getting money into the club via sponsorship. I don’t care enough however to be drip fed the news as if it’s something to get excited about.

@hibs.net private member CraigHibee's Avatar
    More money for the club, what's not to like about it.

Same folk moaning on twitter as per 🙄 wonder what it would actually take to get a positive comment from them

@hibs.net private member Radium's Avatar
    Very good launch of a sponsor putting a significant sum into the club with a good promo with Pat Stanton.

Predictable backlash that took so little time to show itself that many hadn’t even watch the link

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Big_Franck View Post
    It is good news, yes. But they should just be posting this good news without the teaser hours before which hightens anticipation and expectation levels that it's a big signing. The club really, really aren't doing themselves any favours on social media recently.
    Correct. It's good news (and a decent video) but communicated all wrong

@hibs.net private member Stuart93's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 04Sauzee View Post
    Significant investment ,good news day.
    Aye probably but it’s obvious people are going to assume better news than a new sponsor

Fwiw, my take on it is when the club tweets something like they did earlier on it’s only natural for supporters to believe it’s a new signing or strips etc because that’s what gets people excited. From a business perspective a new sponsor is obviously exciting but purely from a supporters perspective it’s not all that exciting (despite it obviously brining in more cash)

And purely for that reason I’d wish they’d leave big announcements/big build ups for strips/contracts/signings
    Last edited by Stuart93; 04-06-2021 at 01:20 PM.

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    Even if it cost a couple of hundred season tickets, I’d totally back the club if they were to say to some of the Twitter posters “you’re not welcome back into Easter Road “ and block them.

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

@hibs.net private member Stuart93's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Northernhibee View Post
    Even if it cost a couple of hundred season tickets, I’d totally back the club if they were to say to some of the Twitter posters “you’re not welcome back into Easter Road “ and block them.
    Why would they do that though? It’s a social media platform for every to voice their opinion. By all means block the accounts sending abuse but to turn away people by saying you aren’t welcome at ER would be madness

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Stuart93 View Post
    Why would they do that though? It’s a social media platform for every to voice their opinion. By all means block the accounts sending abuse but to turn away people by saying you aren’t welcome at ER would be madness
    Actions have consequences and if people are giving our social media abuse then they need to be big grown ups and realise that has a consequence.

You can guarantee that they wouldn’t say that to their face. Why does Twitter make that any difference?

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

Testimonial Due
    Some absolute throbber Hibs supporters on Twitter. Outraged at everything we post.Tragic behaviour.

@hibs.net private member
    Better put a tweet out saying “sorry, you’re correct. We’ll now aim to ensure you aren’t excited about anything and will do our best not to keep you informed of stuff. Particularly stuff you really cared about last year.”

@hibs.net private member Mon Dieu4's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Stuart93 View Post
    If someone gave a Hibs employee abuse at ER they would likely get banned I don't see why social media should be any different, by all means be upset if you want but some of the abuse is way out of order

Actions have consequences and if people are giving our social media abuse then they need to be big grown ups and realise that has a consequence.

You can guarantee that they wouldn’t say that to their face. Why does Twitter make that any difference?
    If someone came up to me in the street and said “Wait here 3 hours and I’ll be back with some good news!” And then came back and said “Hibs have a new sponsor!” I’d probably tell him to piss off tbf

It’s good news that we’ve finally managed to get a sponsor on the front of our top.

But nae need for the big build up.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mon Dieu4 View Post
    If someone gave a Hibs employee abuse at ER they would likely get banned I don't see why social media should be any different, by all means be upset if you want but some of the abuse is way out of order
    Social media is an absolute minefield. The sooner it’s regulated or folk made accountable the better.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by HFC93 View Post
    Some absolute throbber Hibs supporters on Twitter. Outraged at everything we post.Tragic behaviour.
    got to wonder what the “support” part of “supporter” means?

@hibs.net private member ian cruise's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by B.H.F.C View Post
    It’s good news that we’ve finally managed to get a sponsor on the front of our top.

But nae need for the big build up.
    If I was the sponsor I'd want the hype and the build up rather than just a brief mention on a website that few are going to read.

really good promo video though.

Quote Originally Posted by ian cruise View Post
    If I was the sponsor I'd want the hype and the build up rather than just a brief mention on a website that few are going to read.
    If social media is anything to go by, a hell of a lot of folk won’t even have bothered reading the article once they’ve seen the initial tweet isn’t something they deem to be good news.

Surely you'd want the sponsorship communicated in a way that is least likely to attract any negative exposure which (while I don't agree with it) was always going to be the case with the way Hibs hyped it up and the toxic nature of social media.

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar

Because people on social media can pretend to be people they're not.

Block them by all means, don't ban them from Easter Road
    "...when Hibs won the Scottish Cup final and that celebration, Sunshine on Leith? I don’t think there’s a better football celebration ever in the game.”

Sir Alex Ferguson

Just announce the sponsor. It's good news by any measure but it didn't need a 2 hour tease.

Announce it and people say 'Oh that's good'. Do a daft build up and people say 'you're trolling us', 'sack the Twitter guy' etc etc.

The latter isn't right. No one deserves the abuse the guy gets but it was just a total misread of a situation.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Exactly.
    It's almost as if every piece of news has to be vetted by the brain dead twitterati then lost in a barrage of barely literate abuse.
    Ironic that some decent Hibs twitter accounts are full of old Hands Off Hibs memories today while the generation we fought so hard to preserve the club for behave like petulant toddlers.

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar

NO ONE CARES HIBS!!

I care. People have been complaining for ages about not having a sponsor, we’ve got a really good one now. Excellent news.

United we stand here....

Quote Originally Posted by mcohibs View Post
    Surely you'd want the sponsorship communicated in a way that is least likely to attract any negative exposure which (while I don't agree with it) was always going to be the case with the way Hibs hyped it up and the toxic nature of social media.
    Just don't announce it at all then. That should attract a decent sponsor.

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar

NO ONE CARES HIBS!!

They didn't hype anything up.

They released a wee teaser.

You might not care, but a "significant" 6 figure sponsorship deal pays for players.

Stop moaning, get real and grow up!