hibs.net Messageboard

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread: Hibs Twitter

Left by mutual consent! Iggy Pope's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dmas View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Boyle and Irvine aren’t directly tagged on hibs.net me slating Irvine a couple weeks ago for example he’d need to go looking for that in the case of the shower of punters there pinging phones whilst there sitting in the house
    I’ll try and make sense of this *****. There is a solution to that direct tag thing but the stars love it when it suits them, they make their own choices. Oooh look at me when I can jump through a hedge. That sort of stuff.

Please, please stop quoting the shower of punters thing. You’ve no point to make there and you’ve battered it to death now.
    They’re punters, not the reprobates and thick sorts they were being called, that was my point and you know it my friend. And trust me on this I have never directly engaged with Hibs or any of the folks you mention, on Twitter., or any public forum.

And I’m not likely to start. Neither I think, are you or any of the cohorts on here getting all bent out of shape about it. Hibs.net is much safer a place to rip ones knitting after all.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by madhatter View Post
    Yeah, I’m seriously asking why bother coming into this thread in the first place when I presume you knew the content it would have, and then decide to follow up a post which claimed certain people are sad indictment of society as a whole now to say I’m the champion of people who sent abuse to Hibs on Twitter which is quite frankly a disgusting claim with no substance.
    Why make that presumption?

Why do you disagree with my point that the faceless trolls on Twitter are a sad indictment of modern society?

Are you suggesting this cyber bullying/abuse is ok?

You seem to be the only person in this thread sticking up for the abusers of the Hibs media team.

madhatter
    Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by brianmc View Post
    Why make that presumption?

Why do you disagree with my point that the faceless trolls on Twitter are a sad indictment of modern society?

Are you suggesting this cyber bullying/abuse is ok?

You seem to be the only person in this thread sticking up for the abusers of the Hibs media team.
    Where have I stuck up for abusers????

I agree faceless people handing out abuse on Twitter and on here are a sad indictment on society. I haven’t said otherwise.

You’ve seen me display my dislike of the teaser tweet on here and seen what I hoped would be a reasonable debate descend into arguments. I’ve certainly fuelled the fire along the way but imagine what it’s like for people to miss the entire point of your posts, reply with personal insults or tell you to F off. It’s quite frustrating indeed. I’m the “only person in this thread sticking up for the abusers” shows my point. I may need to read through all posts again but I don’t think anybody has stuck up for Twitter abuse yet I seem to be a champion, a sad indictment on society and somehow stuck up for abusers…

@hibs.net private member CapitalGreen's Avatar
    You can think that both the recent twitter output is poor and that the folk who have given the twitter admin abuse are out of line. These positions are not mutually exclusive.

I can also accept that some people are happy and enjoy the current social media output by the club in the same way that I can accept there must be a sizeable amount of people who enjoy Mrs Brown’s Boys enough for the BBC to keep commissioning it.

It’s also acceptable for people to praise/criticise the performance of employees of the club in a civilised manner on a Hibs forum. As mentioned above, you can disagree with this praise/criticism, however it doesn’t make others viewpoints invalid.

Do Raisins deserve a place inside Coronation Chicken? Personally I can’t stand it

Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SaulGoodman View Post
    Do Raisins deserve a place inside Coronation Chicken? Personally I can’t stand it
    You deserve a ban for even suggesting it.

Quote Originally Posted by HH81 View Post
    Are they a good company for gas and electric? Anyone used them?

just working my way through this thread so not sure if anyone has replied to you mate, but my tuppenceworth is that they’re a bunch of cowboys, and my experience of having to deal with them (not through choice) is that I wouldn’t trust them as far as I could spit, and I’ll never be a customer if I can avoid it

@hibs.net private member
    Love raisins as a stand alone snack but I just can’t eat them in anything, puddings, cakes, cereals......turns my stomach🙈 I think it must be some school dinner pudding trauma from childhood🤔

Quote Originally Posted by McD View Post
    just working my way through this thread so not sure if anyone has replied to you mate, but my tuppenceworth is that they’re a bunch of cowboys, and my experience of having to deal with them (not through choice) is that I wouldn’t trust them as far as I could spit, and I’ll never be a customer if I can avoid it
    Nice one cheers. Been with Scottish Power for years so will just stick with them.
    Cougars!!!

Quote Originally Posted by HH81 View Post
    Nice one cheers. Been with Scottish Power for years so will just stick with them.
    Had a couple of run ins with Scottish Power back when I was a customer, although mostly over them dragging their feet and demanding payment up front for an emergency boiler repair in a cold January.

Can't comment on Utilita though as I've never used them. Suspect they'll be like any other big company - possibly good and possibly bad depending on your issue and who you deal with.
    Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Eyrie View Post
    Had a couple of run ins with Scottish Power back when I was a customer, although mostly over them dragging their feet and demanding payment up front for an emergency boiler repair in a cold January.

Can't comment on Utilita though as I've never used them. Suspect they'll be like any other big company - possibly good and possibly bad depending on your issue and who you deal with.
    You can’t switch to Utilita unless you have a smart meter

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    You can’t switch to Utilita unless you have a smart meter
    I got one from Scottish Power back in the day, so they did have their positives.

Doesn't affect how much energy I use though as that's determined by what I need.
    Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.

Left by mutual consent! Iggy Pope's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by B.H.F.C View Post
    I wish I’d saw some of the stuff on here about how to get to Slovenia before opting for the route I ended up taking!
    The threads around the European Travel info are extremely helpful on here and the Bounce.
    As well as (whisper it) fan groups on Twitter and Facebook.

The arrangements for bus travel and suchlike info sharing for the recent trips to Greece and the Faroes for example were invaluable.
    It’s also proved to be the case for me in Sweden, Slovenia and even as far back as Lithuania Latvia and the Ukraine. Flights, hotels etc.
    Watching with interest again this time in the unlikely event we can travel somewhere.

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    Are the raisins already in the Coronation Chicken or am I choosing whether or not to add them?

I wouldn't put them in but it's not a deal breaker if they're in it.
    "...when Hibs won the Scottish Cup final and that celebration, Sunshine on Leith? I don’t think there’s a better football celebration ever in the game.”

Sir Alex Ferguson

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kato View Post
    Call that a tweet????

Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kato View Post
    Not sure if it’s related or not but Tom Zanelli was a big Huddersfield fan. Wonder if he’s recommended this guy?

@hibs.net private member Bayern Bru's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by calumhibee1 View Post
    Not sure if it’s related or not but Tom Zanelli was a big Huddersfield fan. Wonder if he’s recommended this guy?
    I don't think Zanelli has any real connection to the club any more, he left in 2015. I know he still keeps an eye out for results but I imagine it's just a coincidence
    They've only gone and done it! They've only gone and won the Scottish Cup! What kept you, Hibs?!

Deleted a couple of posts there, don’t think this is the place to be naming and shaming Twitter accounts, particularly if they circumvent the swear filter to do so.

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HNA1 View Post
    Deleted a couple of posts there, don’t think this is the place to be naming and shaming Twitter accounts, particularly if they circumvent the swear filter to do so.
    Fair enough. Sorry about that.

@hibs.net private member CapitalGreen's Avatar
    A welcome addition, hopefully he can improve an area of the club that many highlighted as having been found lacking in recent months.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lancs Harp View Post
    Never had a twitter account looks like Im missing out NOT.
    Me neither. Don't see the attraction of phoning buzzing every single minute. Every day. No ta.

Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk