hibs.net Messageboard

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

Thread: Hibs Twitter

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by madhatter View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Where have club been battered? Abuse on twitter from very small number of fans? That happens almost for anything Hibs do as unfortunately, and fortunately, people are different and want different things. Nobody is condoning the abuse. I'm saying I think fishing to promote sponsor on early bird deadline day while we are still unsure whether we'll be back in stadiums is of poor taste.
    Are you not maybe looking too deeply into things?

They obviously wanted to reveal the sponsor now to give them 5 minutes in the spotlight, on their own, before the impending kit release.

The fact it was a couple of hours before the early bird deadline is neither here nor there IMO. Even the most optimistic among us wouldn't expect a sponsorship announcement to boost ST sales.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dmas View Post
    I’m not saying he’s been battered I’ve said the club is, which it is, if you done something to benefit your company with 6 figure sums of money and they didn’t even mention it you’d be quite rightly furious eh? and by the way if ur happy with ur utilities supplier mate no one is twisting ur arm to change, they’ve paid hibs to advertise there company and that’s what they have began to do.
    For me Hibs are teasing to announce something that should already have been there previously but just announcing a change of sponsor. Why was there no sponsor the previous two seasons?

Can’t believe there is 11 pages on this nonsense now! 🤣🤣🤣

Coaching Staff
    Where have club been battered? Abuse on twitter from very small number of fans? That happens almost for anything Hibs do as unfortunately, and fortunately, people are different and want different things. Nobody is condoning the abuse. I'm saying I think fishing to promote sponsor on early bird deadline day while we are still unsure whether we'll be back in stadiums is of poor taste.
    Fishing?

I hope they were trying to get as much interest as possible. That’s kind of why they are there.

A tweet saying it’s a good news day is in poor taste?

Think some of you are losing the plot here.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy74 View Post
    Fishing?

I hope they were trying to get as much interest as possible. That’s kind of why they are there.

Was it good news or was it news the fans already expect, having a main sponsor.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Allez Hibs View Post
    Was it good news or was it news the fans already expect, having a main sponsor.
    Let’s not be any more stupid about this than we are already.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Allez Hibs View Post
    For me Hibs are teasing to announce something that should already have been there previously but just announcing a change of sponsor. Why was there no sponsor the previous two seasons?
    This is part of my point, you are obviously unhappy with the way we went last 2 seasons like many others who voiced it to the club so Fridays announcement must have been half decent news to you, which is what the club billed it as 🤷*♂️

madhatter
    Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy74 View Post
    Fishing?

Out of interest, had someone tweeted "I think you are losing the plot" to the Hibs social media person would that be perceived as abuse or battering Hibs? Just curious.

Tweet about the sponsor. Fine, I think we can agree it would have been recieved, at large, as being positive. The "news at 2pm" was in poor taste on early bird renewal deadline day, in my opinion. It got hopes up. As I said, it's probably marketing 101 but marketing during covid is even closer to that fine line between good and bad. People are still concerned about jobs and money.

First tweet was fishing for interest. They got good and bad nibbles and I think they knew that would happen. What I can't fully understand is why other people don't get that. People are different.

I renewed my ST after the tweet. It didn't bother me so much as not to support Hibs, if I could. However, I'm aware life isn't monochrome and people may have had an awful Friday, that tweet gave them a glimmer of hope and it was ultimately a huge disappointment.

Out of interest, had someone tweeted "I think you are losing the plot" to the Hibs social media person would that be perceived as abuse or battering Hibs? Just curious.

Tweet about the sponsor. Fine, I think we can agree it would have been recieved, at large, as being positive. The "news at 2pm" was in poor taste on early bird renewal deadline day, in my opinion. It got hopes up. As I said, it's probably marketing 101 but marketing during covid is even closer to that fine line between good and bad. People are still concerned about jobs and money.

First tweet was fishing for interest. They got good and bad nibbles and I think they knew that would happen. What I can't fully understand is why other people don't get that. People are different.

I renewed my ST after the tweet. It didn't bother me so much as not to support Hibs, if I could. However, I'm aware life isn't monochrome and people may have had an awful Friday, that tweet gave them a glimmer of hope and it was ultimately a huge disappointment.
    A huge disappointment? In what way?

It seems as though some people have gone down the rabbit hole with this one and lost touch with reality. It's like people can't make a point without indulging in hysteria and hyperbole.

madhatter
    Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Peevemor View Post
    Are you not maybe looking too deeply into things?

They obviously wanted to reveal the sponsor now to give them 5 minutes in the spotlight, on their own, before the impending kit release.

The fact it was a couple of hours before the early bird deadline is neither here nor there IMO. Even the most optimistic among us wouldn't expect a sponsorship announcement to boost ST sales.
    Maybe, maybe not.

I am fairly confident Hibs knew this would have this mixed reaction. I have no issue with tweet revealing the sponsor. The teaser tweet I do have some slight issue with though. Merely because, whether you think them stupid, a lesser being, or otherwise, there are Hibs fans that would have thought the 2pm announcement would be a signing. That could be a huge disappointment for them dependent on their own situation, during covid, having a bad week, bad Friday or otherwise. Ffs we all type nonsense on here and get into silly arguments because we care about Hibs. Hibs are an escape for people, probably more than ever due to covid.

Covid is still here, we are entering another wave and we may not be back at ER again. What we see on our screens is virtually all we know of Hibs now. What club tweet on early bird deadline day is more significant than normal due to this, in my opinion.

I renewed anyway, I'm just saying I thought teaser tweet was poor taste.

madhatter
    Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by flash View Post
    A huge disappointment? In what way?
    Because they maybe thought it might have been a signing...

Because you didn't think that doesn't mean everyone did.

The sheer entitlement of some of the bellends in our support is a sad indictment of today's society.

Club announces "good news coming soon" then "we've a new main sponsor, much needed income. Kerching!"

Twatterers "Waahh,waahh, boohoo 👶👶👶 that's NOT the news we guessed - we demand sackings, we DESERVE better"

Grow up you ******* *********

@hibs.net private member Lancs Harp's Avatar
    Never had a twitter account looks like Im missing out NOT.

madhatter
    Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by brianmc View Post
    The sheer entitlement of some of the bellends in our support is a sad indictment of today's society.

Club announces "good news coming soon" then "we've a new main sponsor, much needed income. Kerching!"

Twatterers "Waahh,waahh, boohoo 👶👶👶 that's NOT the news we guessed - we demand sackings, we DESERVE better"

Grow up you ******* *********
    Why are you posting that here? I doubt many of the Twitter brigade post here.

@hibs.net private member
    Judging the 11 page thread on here I would suggest that the guy tasked with getting people talking about Hibs has done a fine job......no such thing as bad publicity🤷🏼

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hibee-boys View Post
    Judging the 11 page thread on here I would suggest that the guy tasked with getting people talking about Hibs has done a fine job......no such thing as bad publicity🤷🏼
    Can’t argue with that.

United we stand here....

Because they maybe thought it might have been a signing...

Because you didn't think that doesn't mean everyone did.
    It's hardly Hibs fault if people want to jump to the wrong conclusions.
    Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.

@hibs.net private member JohnM1875's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: johnmac1875
    Quote Originally Posted by Eyrie View Post
    You're right, of course it isn't Hibs fault.

I think the point some folk are tying to make is that there shouldn't have been a need for anyone to jump to any conclusions. Just tweet that Utilita are our new sponsors, no need for any preamble. Utilita still get the exposure to the 90 odd thousand followers on Hibs Twitter so jobs a good'un

madhatter
    Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Eyrie View Post
    Well, they are a football club that tweeted a teaser of good news. And yes, most would agree what has been delivered is good news. However, we are a football club so I think people should be forgiven for thinking the news may have been something other than what it ended up being. Conclusions are only wrong when the reveal happens.

I’m getting the sense that the theme at the moment is nothing Hibs do smells. Not even a whiff of anything non-fragrant. Fine. If people are not being abusive though, it would be nice if some weren’t seen as some sort of attacker against Hibs. A rotten apple. A wrong ‘un. A simpleton. A wholly negative person who should seek help and not plague a fans forum with their opinion.

If I think something is in poor taste it doesn’t mean I blame anybody. I can think something was a mistake without seeking blood. Based on your response, it looks like you thought I blamed someone, blamed Hibs. I didn’t, think you’ve jumped to a wrong conclusion there.

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    Well, they are a football club that tweeted a teaser of good news. And yes, most would agree what has been delivered is good news. However, we are a football club so I think people should be forgiven for thinking the news may have been something other than what it ended up being. Conclusions are only wrong when the reveal happens.

I’m getting the sense that the theme at the moment is nothing Hibs do smells. Not even a whiff of anything non-fragrant. Fine. If people are not being abusive though, it would be nice if some weren’t seen as some sort of attacker against Hibs. A rotten apple. A wrong ‘un. A simpleton. A wholly negative person who should seek help and not plague a fans forum with their opinion.

If I think something is in poor taste it doesn’t mean I blame anybody. I can think something was a mistake without seeking blood. Based on your response, it looks like you thought I blamed someone, blamed Hibs. I didn’t, think you’ve jumped to a wrong conclusion there.
    I honestly don't understand the "poor taste" thing.

Me neither. I get that some were disappointed but poor taste more usually refers to offensive jokes or my dress sense. It’s a bit OTT when applied to this tweet.
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

madhatter
    Left by mutual consent!
    Teaser tweet meant to get fans interested in news that largely doesn’t interest fans of football. Just reveal the sponsor and be done with it. Don’t do the suspense and reveal of something that, to many, will be insignificant. We may not be at ER after summer and are buying STs still. Poor taste to tease fans in this way unnecessarily. Guess there’s publicity over the in-fighting on here and abuse on Twitter but is that really worth it? Are sponsors going to chuck extra money Hibs way for a popcorn moment?

That’s fine though, you will never understand. As much as I will never understand why you don’t.
    Last edited by madhatter; 05-06-2021 at 08:10 PM.

Mental thread.

I also need to look up the definition of poor taste because clearly I dont understand what it means if a football club announcing a new main shirt sponsor and using social media to build up the announcement is poor taste.

We lost the final, it happened and it's done, why have so many fans lost their ****ing minds.

Both your original post and my reply were referring to those who assumed the first tweet was about a signing. Neither of us mentions you as being in that number, so I don't see how you could leap to the conclusion that it was about you.

Maybe all that proves is that communication isn't perfect and misunderstandings can arise, whether on Twitter or on here, without anyone being to blame.

And it certainly proves we need some transfer rumours to give us something worth posting about.
    Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.

Quote Originally Posted by SteveHFC View Post
    https://twitter.com/hibernianfc/status/1398706958446780427?s=21

Anyone know who does it now? The twitter account has been shocking recently.
    Poor guy just doing his job

Teaser tweet meant to get fans interested in news that largely doesn’t interest fans of football. Just reveal the sponsor and be done with it. Don’t do the suspense and reveal of something that, to many, will be insignificant. We may not be at ER after summer and are buying STs still. Poor taste to tease fans in this way unnecessarily. Guess there’s publicity over the in-fighting on here and abuse on Twitter but is that really worth it? Are sponsors going to chuck extra money Hibs way for a popcorn moment?

That’s fine though, you will never understand. As much as I will never understand why you don’t.
    Absolute mince.

madhatter
    Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by flash View Post
    Absolute mince.
    Thanks for your input. Very insightful. This would be right at home with the Twitter comments.

Why are you posting that here? I doubt many of the Twitter brigade post here.
    Are you seriously asking me why I'm posting a comment about Hibs fans Twitter comments on the eleventh page (mobile style) of comments on a thread titled Hibs Twitter??
    Bizarre.

The Twitter brigade (as you weirdly name them) generally come across as spoiled brats having a temper tantrum (a bit like the green brigade at Celtc) - and so far in this thread you appear to be their champion.

madhatter
    Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by brianmc View Post
    Are you seriously asking me why I'm posting a comment about Hibs fans Twitter comments on the eleventh page (mobile style) of comments on a thread titled Hibs Twitter??
    Bizarre.

The Twitter brigade (as you weirdly name them) generally come across as spoiled brats having a temper tantrum (a bit like the green brigade at Celtc - and so far in this thread you appear to be their champion.
    Yeah, I’m seriously asking why bother coming into this thread in the first place when I presume you knew the content it would have, and then decide to follow up a post which claimed certain people are sad indictment of society as a whole now to say I’m the champion of people who sent abuse to Hibs on Twitter which is quite frankly a disgusting claim with no substance.