hibs.net Messageboard

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Jackson Irvine

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim44 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think most folk realised that, when he signed for us, it was probably stop-gap and a stepping stone for him. Without standing out, he became popular with a lot of us as a good squad member and he himself said all the right things, giving the impression that he was enjoying his time at ER. It’s fairly clear now that he is looking for the best deal he can get so we would be wise to assume he is gone and to concentrate on finding a good replacement. I’m confident that among all the Euro fever, JR and Mathie will be doing their homework and not sitting on the end of the phone in anticipation of Irvine’s call.
    What puzzles me is that this is a guy who could not find a club for 10 months. sitting in his house twiddling his thumbs. Gets the call from Hibs and lets be honest, was pretty average most of the games he played.

Now it appears he is stalling on signing for us in the hope he earns more dough from another team who had 10 months to sign him when he was a free agent.

I'd hunt him out the door. He should be walking over broken glass to sign for Hibs.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Heisenberg's Avatar
    Aye, he’s stalling. Went from waiting for the end of the league season to after the cup final to now after he’s done with international duty. We can surely only wait for so long?

“There’s nothing at the moment. I’m fully focused on being in this camp, focusing on these games, and the future will take care to itself.
    There’s conversations still happening with Hibs and we’re comfortable with where we’re at, at the moment.
    I’m not in a rush to make a decision, especially while I’m here. I’ll deal with my domestic club future at the end of this camp.“

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    Aye, he’s stalling. Went from waiting for the end of the league season to after the cup final to now after he’s done with international duty. We can surely only wait for so long?

There’s nothing at the moment. I’m fully focused on being in this camp, focusing on these games, and the future will take care to itself.
    There’s conversations still happening with Hibs and we’re comfortable with where we’re at, at the moment.
    I’m not in a rush to make a decision, especially while I’m here. I’ll deal with my domestic club future at the end of this camp.“
    There is something at the moment .... a deal on the table. He’s got an agent. I think Australia’s last game is tomorrow so I assume he will be back by the end of the week.

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post

“There’s nothing at the moment. I’m fully focused on being in this camp, focusing on these games, and the future will take care to itself.

He might not be in a rush but we have a new season to think about, take away his contract offer and move on, sod him.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by J-C View Post
    He might not be in a rush but we have a new season to think about, take away his contract offer and move on, sod him.
    I’m not in a rush to make a decision ........ not really what you want to hear from prospective signing. I’m inclined to agree that we should be looking elsewhere. Mind you, we probably are.

I’m not in a rush to make a decision ........ not really what you want to hear from prospective signing. I’m inclined to agree that we should be looking elsewhere. Mind you, we probably are.
    Agreed. Offer withdrawn.
    Cougars!!!

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Maybe we've gave him a deadline when our offer will be rescinded and we start to look elsewhere?

Coaching Staff
    Have to be honest Jim, I'm not in any rush for him to sign........if he does, great, but I want a couple of really creative players in that midfield area signed too. If he doesn't, it frees up good cash to get players in who want to come and players that will hopefully lead to a much better, balanced, and attack minded midfield.

@hibs.net private member
    No player is bigger than the club. He’s got an offer now it’s down to him to accept or not. It’s still early days but the reality is Hibs will have a back up plan. Like most I’m not that bothered if he signs or not.

Quote Originally Posted by lucky View Post
    No player is bigger than the club. He’s got an offer now it’s down to him to accept or not. It’s still early days but the reality is Hibs will have a back up plan. Like most I’m not that bothered if he signs or not.
    He cant score so therefore doesnt fit the
    role we need him to play. Squad player at best

Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    Maybe we've gave him a deadline when our offer will be rescinded and we start to look elsewhere?
    Aye. I'd give him max 48 hrs after he is finished with Oz to sign then our offer is reduced 5% per day for 5 working days then is withdrawn.

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Some first rate negotiators on this thread!

Hibs want him to stay but he holds all the cards. He wants to maximise his earnings as he's perfectly entitled to do so why rush to accept the first offer he gets?

In the past, he's earned a lot more than we'll be offering so it's perfectly understandable that he would hope to get back to that level of income.

I think he's a class act and with a good pre-season under his belt, he'll be a real asset to whichever club he signs for.

I'm happy to wait a few weeks more to get him. Getting impatient and angry is just self destructive.
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    There is something at the moment .... a deal on the table. He’s got an agent. I think Australia’s last game is tomorrow so I assume he will be back by the end of the week.
    I think he represents himself

Back where though? If he's not under contract with us, why would he come back to Scotland. Unless he actually lives here on a full time basis.

Should we be making an offer to Griffiths with an expiry date. Maybe we have already.
    He is hanging about Celtic like a bad smell, desperate for any offer from them over £5k a week.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibbyradge View Post

Hibs want him to stay but he holds all the cards. He wants to maximise his earnings as he's perfectly entitled to do so why rush to accept the first offer he gets?

In the past, he's earned a lot more than we'll be offering so it's perfectly understandable that he would hope to get back to that level of income.

I think he's a class act and with a good pre-season under his belt, he'll be a real asset to whichever club he signs for.

I'm happy to wait a few weeks more to get him. Getting impatient and angry is just self destructive.
    A class act based on what? This is a guy who sat in the house for 10 months.

If he is such a class act, why were clubs not battering his door down so sign him when he was a free agent?

Quote Originally Posted by loanheadhibby View Post
    A class act based on what? This is a guy who sat in the house for 10 months.

If he is such a class act, why were clubs not battering his door down so sign him when he was a free agent?
    Are you saying that Hibs can't ever spot an opportunity and/or sign good players?

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibee_easty
    It’s amazing how many folk are taking the hump over Irvine not signing a deal. Chill out.

He’s a very good footballer, he’s good enough to start every week for us, I’d be disappointed if he went to Aberdeen.

He doesn’t owe us anything. No more than we don’t owe him anything. We employed him on a short term deal, the deal expired. He might come back, he might get a better deal elsewhere. What’s the problem with that?

He’s not a Hibs fan, he’s not bad mouthing us. He’s just considering his future.

If we decide to give him a deadline, that’s our choice. I’m sure we’re already looking at alternatives.

@hibs.net private member Callum_62's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: 0083-4364-6418-4974
    Quote Originally Posted by Greenbeard View Post
    Aye. I'd give him max 48 hrs after he is finished with Oz to sign then our offer is reduced 5% per day for 5 working days then is withdrawn.
    Cant believe other teams don't use this tactic too

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by easty View Post
    It’s amazing how many folk are taking the hump over Irvine not signing a deal. Chill out.

He’s a very good footballer, he’s good enough to start every week for us, I’d be disappointed if he went to Aberdeen.

He doesn’t owe us anything. No more than we don’t owe him anything. We employed him on a short term deal, the deal expired. He might come back, he might get a better deal elsewhere. What’s the problem with that?

He’s not a Hibs fan, he’s not bad mouthing us. He’s just considering his future.

If we decide to give him a deadline, that’s our choice. I’m sure we’re already looking at alternatives.
    I'm baffled at the vitriol aimed at him. When players want to stay with Hibs, they're not good enough for anyone else, but if they want to leave, they're also not any good or dreadful human beings!

I'm baffled at the vitriol aimed at him. When players want to stay with Hibs, they're not good enough for anyone else, but if they want to leave, they're also not any good or dreadful human beings!
    I absolutely get that Hibbyradge, just think most of grief he’s getting, is he hasn’t let us know, if that’s the case
    If your not signing Jackson, please let Hibs know so we don’t miss out out on our next target

@hibs.net private member Callum_62's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: 0083-4364-6418-4974
    Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    I absolutely get that Hibbyradge, just think most of grief he’s getting, is he hasn’t let us know, if that’s the case
    If your not signing Jackson, please let Hibs know so we don’t miss out out on our next target
    How on earth do we know what the discussions with Hibs have been?

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibee_easty
    I don’t think anyone from Hibs has said he’s stringing us along though. Just, he’s not signed for us, so people are jumping to conclusions.

I doubt Jack Ross is sitting at home looking at his messages and stressing about why Irvine hasn’t text him back yet...I wonder if he’s busy texting other managers.

He's waiting for the offer that suits him best. If Hibs find a second, or better, choice, they'll press for a decision. Until then, there's no need to panic.
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

He's waiting for the offer that suits him best. If Hibs find a second, or better, choice, they'll press for a decision. Until then, there's no need to panic.
    That’s his call, all I was saying he was getting abuse for not signing before now. We can’t wait forever, we play in Europe in just over 5 weeks

As an aside is the Euro draw tomorrow or Wednesday

@hibs.net private member scoopyboy's Avatar
    Does anyone know for sure he hasn't signed a contract for Hibs? Could have signed it before he left for all we know.

Similarly he could have told Hibs he wasn't signing.

Hibs are under no obligation to announce signings right away, several times in the past they have signed players and delayed the official announcement.

Left by mutual consent!

You are easy pleased if you think Jackson Irvine is a class act.
    Like most of the post on this I wouldn't be bothered if he stayed it left.
    He has been pretty average in my opinion.

Left by mutual consent!
    Are you saying that Hibs can't ever spot an opportunity and/or sign good players?
    Where did I say that? I asked is he actually a class act? If so, which games did he play in that he was a class above what we have?

My point is, if he is this class player, why was he idle for 10 months?

@hibs.net private member
    I think he represents himself
    Maybe explains why he was unemployed for most of last season. ‘Focusing on the camp’ is code for ‘I’m waiting for a better deal!’. Give him a few days to give us an answer after his international duty then withdraw the offer. He can go back to watching daytime TV, wouldn’t be bothered if he never signed.

I’d have taken the contract back off the table by now

He ain’t that good