Quote Originally Posted by marinello59 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The Australian FA will have insurance.
    They do

2. Log in to remove the advert

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Onion View Post
    You're not serious however you would like to think Hibs will be carrying out an honest post mortem on that Cup Final, rather than writing it off as a bad day at the office as so many on this board want to. The performance suggests there was something deeply wrong with many of the players attitude/mindset from start to finish and Hibs need to get to the root if it. If part of the solution is moving players on, so be it, but a nuclear destruction of the whole squad feels a bit OTT.
    I never want to hear from the manager or players another utterance along the lines of

‘We have to treat the cup final like any other game’

It’s a fX#$&$#% cup final!!

I remember Alex Miller used to say the exact same thing before derbies.......worked well for him!

Quote Originally Posted by northstandhibby View Post
    In my opinion, Jackson Irvine is a terrific player. Industrious, skillful and always looking for the ball. Unfortunately, the chance that he was afforded in the final was missed, I rose out of my chair to celebrate the goal when it came to him but it was not to be. I hope its not the last time we see him in a Hibs jersey as he's definitely a player we'll miss.
    That chance is still playing through my head in slow motion. Would have given us so much confidence.

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Since452 View Post
    That chance is still playing through my head in slow motion. Would have given us so much confidence.
    To be fair to Irvine he did well to get a shot away and force the keeper to save. However I'm convinced we wouldn't have lost had it gone in.

Coaching Staff
    Don't think we will see him back at ER

Quote Originally Posted by northstandhibby View Post
    In my opinion, Jackson Irvine is a terrific player. Industrious, skillful and always looking for the ball. Unfortunately, the chance that he was afforded in the final was missed, I rose out of my chair to celebrate the goal when it came to him but it was not to be. I hope its not the last time we see him in a Hibs jersey as he's definitely a player we'll miss.
    I see a player who constantly arrives too late to make a proper tackle,is poor in the air,desperately poor in front of goal,has the ability to see a telling pass but doesn’t make enough of them.Don’t know whether it was his break from playing because he tries hard but doesn’t influence games to any great extent.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Lago View Post
    Don't think we will see him back at ER
    I think he would have committed before going off to play for Australia. JR will know the situation and will be working on his replacement now.

We may already have Irvine's replacement in Magennis who is best in a central position.

If Magennis turns out to be the player Ross expects, then a midfield of Gogic, Magennis and Allan is very tasty.

Problem there though is that leaves Murphy as Allan's understudy and nowhere for Mackay.
    Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.

Quote Originally Posted by Eyrie View Post
    We may already have Irvine's replacement in Magennis who is best in a central position.

If Magennis turns out to be the player Ross expects, then a midfield of Gogic, Magennis and Allan is very tasty.

Problem there though is that leaves Murphy as Allan's understudy and nowhere for Mackay.
    That is quite a big 'if' though, Magennis has shown next to nothing so far IMO.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by ekhibee View Post
    That is quite a big 'if' though, Magennis has shown next to nothing so far IMO.
    Unfortunately true.

Goodbye 👋

@hibs.net private member staunchhibby's Avatar
    Goodbye to whom ???

You’re forgetting Joe Newell. Wouldn’t be in my team but will be in any team JR is picking when he’s available and I think Irvine suffered for that

Still to see anything at all from Magennis to suggest he’ll be good in any position for us. If he doesn’t get this much talked about pre season and hit the ground running next season (which I hope he does) he’ll be done here IMO.

@hibs.net private member superfurryhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by B.H.F.C View Post
    You’re forgetting Joe Newell. Wouldn’t be in my team but will be in any team JR is picking when he’s available and I think Irvine suffered for that

Still to see anything at all from Magennis to suggest he’ll be good in any position for us. If he doesn’t get this much talked about pre season and hit the ground running next season (which I hope he does) he’ll be done here IMO.
    It’s going to be a big season for Magennis. If he doesn’t shine it would look like a particularly bad bit of business for Hibs and for Ross.

Equally, with regard to Newell. I seriously hope he’s not guaranteed stick on starter next season. If Ross is hoping to take the team forward, a place needs to be earned.

Quote Originally Posted by B.H.F.C View Post

Newell wouldn't be in my starting XI either, hence why I left him out.

Strange because I was pleased when he signed a new deal, but I think I've gone off him a bit because he's too deliberate when in possession which makes it easy for teams who want to sit back against us.

Agree that Magennis has to step up though.
    Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.

Quote Originally Posted by staunchhibby View Post
    Goodbye to whom ???
    I presumed the player in the thread title. Unless Hibiza isn't feeling so good?

Left by mutual consent!
    Some journalist on Twitter saying hes signed for Dons

Left by mutual consent!
    Wouldn’t shed any tears if he left.

Quote Originally Posted by Robbo6-2 View Post
    Good , I hope they're paying him a big wedge

If true then it just shows money is the most important thing to most if not all players.

@hibs.net private member Heisenberg's Avatar
    Can’t see anything?

@hibs.net private member Viva_Palmeiras's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    Can’t see anything?
    school boy error leaving out the journos name - the Force is weak in that one.
    "We know the people who have invested so far are simple fans." Vladimir Romanov - Scotsman 10th December 2012
    "Romanov was like a breath of fresh air - laced with cyanide." Me.

@hibs.net private member Viva_Palmeiras's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    Can’t see anything?
    Maybe the boy is stuck in a time warp and was referring to Brian Irvine?
    "We know the people who have invested so far are simple fans." Vladimir Romanov - Scotsman 10th December 2012
    "Romanov was like a breath of fresh air - laced with cyanide." Me.

Won`t be bothered at all if true . If we`re hoping to improve on last season we need to improve in all positions and I`m sure we can find better or at least more effective players than him for same money .

I will be pretty worried if we go into next season with Gogic, Maginnis and Allan as a midfield.

We seriously need to strengthen that area and that’s if we keep Irvine. It’s been found out a few times and wouldn’t be confident with same players again next season.

I like Irvine as a player. Hope he signs on again but if he goes for more Money back down south then fair enough. If he goes to the sheep then **** him.

Quote Originally Posted by CmoantheHibs View Post
    I like Irvine as a player. Hope he signs on again but if he goes for more Money back down south then fair enough. If he goes to the sheep then **** him.
    Totally 100% agree with this.

As said in a previous post I rate Jackson highly. If he goes to the Dandies it will be embarrassing for us. If he moves to a club elsewhere no worries whatsoever. Personally, I'd love him to stay. Come on Jackson do the decent thing and either sign on (hopefully) or at least don't embarrass us and move on to similar sized rival clubs.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Weegreenman View Post
    Wouldn’t shed any tears if he left.
    The only one I definately want to keep from our current midfield is Gogic, I hope Irvane signs a new deal because I think he will improve with having played half a season, and a pre season, I think he probably was a bit behind the pace due to his time out the game, but like you I wouldn't shed a tear if he left.

Testimonial Due Stokesy's on fire's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Blurry Face View Post
    Just curious, which player leaving would reduce you to tears?
    Rowan vine

Testimonial Due Stokesy's on fire's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Viva_Palmeiras View Post
    Maybe the boy is stuck in a time warp and was referring to Brian Irvine?
    Brian Irvine is of the required age for the Aberdeen team he would fit in well at the Aberdeen FC retirement home.