hibs.net Messageboard

 

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789
Results 241 to 268 of 268
  1. #241
    First Team Breakthrough Max_Shah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Location
    Edinburgh. UK
    Posts
    128
    Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The cup final surely shows, if we’re using that as evidence, that trouble is likely where no alcohol is available in the ground, given no supporters had access to it from the moment they entered the stadium.
    Yes.

    It is literally every Scottish Government, NHS, Public Health, Edinburgh Joint Integration Board [with Hibs involvement] and Local Authority briefing report ever commissioned on the subject.

    But you want a drink with your bairns.

    Great.

    What could go wrong.


  2. Log in to remove the advert

  3. #242
    @hibs.net private member
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    5,475
    Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The cup final surely shows, if we’re using that as evidence, that trouble is likely where no alcohol is available in the ground, given no supporters had access to it from the moment they entered the stadium.
    I think the 2016 cup is part of the evidence that the common factor when there is trouble is the Rangers fans and not alcohol.

    Conclusion: Alcohol is fine and should be permitted at all grounds and Rangers fans barred. Rangers fans can go to Ibrox, in fact make it home fans only and they can have alcohol too and trash the place as much as they like.

  4. #243
    @hibs.net private member CapitalGreen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    6,816
    Quote Originally Posted by Max_Shah View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yes.

    It is literally every Scottish Government, NHS, Public Health, Edinburgh Joint Integration Board [with Hibs involvement] and Local Authority briefing report ever commissioned on the subject.

    But you want a drink with your bairns.

    Great.

    What could go wrong.
    You can already get a drink at Easter Road pre-match at Behind the Goals, why would making it available on the concourse cause an issue? Was there any alcohol related issues when we had the temporary fan bar behind the East Stand? Presumably for high risk (category A) fixtures we could make it unavailable but if someone wants to go to a game pished, the availability of alcohol at Easter Road or not is unlikely to deter them.

  5. #244
    @hibs.net private member Moulin Yarns's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Spinning a Yarn
    Posts
    19,418
    Quote Originally Posted by CapitalGreen View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You can already get a drink at Easter Road pre-match at Behind the Goals, why would making it available on the concourse cause an issue? Was there any alcohol related issues when we had the temporary fan bar behind the East Stand? Presumably for high risk (category A) fixtures we could make it unavailable but if someone wants to go to a game pished, the availability of alcohol at Easter Road or not is unlikely to deter them.
    This is pretty much how I see it working, no alcohol sales within the ground while a game is on, but, as a suggestion open the ground 2 or 3 hours before kick-off with alcohol sales up to 30 minutes before kick off, including no alcohol in the seats. There needs to be some incentive, pre match entertainment, perhaps large screens showing classic games ( if you want the live Sky or BT games stay in the pub! This is about Hibs )
    WASH YOUR HANDS, WEAR A MASK, KEEP 2M APART AND GET THE VACCINE

  6. #245
    @hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Age
    59
    Posts
    37,027
    Quote Originally Posted by Moulin Yarns View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    This is pretty much how I see it working, no alcohol sales within the ground while a game is on, but, as a suggestion open the ground 2 or 3 hours before kick-off with alcohol sales up to 30 minutes before kick off, including no alcohol in the seats. There needs to be some incentive, pre match entertainment, perhaps large screens showing classic games ( if you want the live Sky or BT games stay in the pub! This is about Hibs )
    Can you really see fans going into ER 2/3 hours before ko, on a cold day
    Sorry I just can’t see it

  7. #246
    Coaching Staff Iain G's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    London
    Age
    44
    Posts
    10,610
    Quote Originally Posted by Max_Shah View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yes.

    It is literally every Scottish Government, NHS, Public Health, Edinburgh Joint Integration Board [with Hibs involvement] and Local Authority briefing report ever commissioned on the subject.

    But you want a drink with your bairns.

    Great.

    What could go wrong.
    Does these all specifically say being able to have a drink at a football ground is a nasty bad thing?

    It seems you can at rugby and many other countries allow it at football?

  8. #247
    @hibs.net private member CapitalGreen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    6,816
    Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Can you really see fans going into ER 2/3 hours before ko, on a cold day
    Sorry I just can’t see it
    If it doesn’t work then it doesn’t work but the clubs should be allowed the option if they wish. Fans in other countries and of other sports do it in similar temperatures, I’m not sure what’s so unique about Scottish football fans that they wouldn’t.

  9. #248
    @hibs.net private member CapitalGreen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    6,816
    Quote Originally Posted by Iain G View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Does these all specifically say being able to have a drink at a football ground is a nasty bad thing?

    It seems you can at rugby and many other countries allow it at football?
    Just imagine what could go wrong though. Imagine the full scale riots which could occur between the fans during a game v Ross County at home because a small number of supporters each had a £6 pint from a plastic cup on the concourse at half time.

  10. #249
    Coaching Staff Iain G's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    London
    Age
    44
    Posts
    10,610
    Quote Originally Posted by CapitalGreen View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Just imagine what could go wrong though. Imagine the full scale riots which could occur between the fans during a game v Ross County at home because a small number of supporters each had a £6 pint from a plastic cup on the concourse at half time.
    It's the end of the world as we know it!

    Actually am more worried about fans throwing the small slice of like from the Eden Mills g&t at the management...
    Last edited by Iain G; 03-06-2021 at 05:17 PM.

  11. #250
    @hibs.net private member Moulin Yarns's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Spinning a Yarn
    Posts
    19,418
    Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Can you really see fans going into ER 2/3 hours before ko, on a cold day
    Sorry I just can’t see it
    Not into the ground, but into a bar area in the stands. Behind the goals in each home stand if you will.
    WASH YOUR HANDS, WEAR A MASK, KEEP 2M APART AND GET THE VACCINE

  12. #251
    Testimonial Due ahibby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Musselburgh
    Posts
    4,587
    In 2005 we played a friendly against Rot Weiss Essen. A bar was open behind the terracing and a few beers were enjoyed during the game was luvly jubly, thank you very much.

  13. #252
    Coaching Staff Since90+2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Leith
    Posts
    6,315
    Quote Originally Posted by Moulin Yarns View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Not into the ground, but into a bar area in the stands. Behind the goals in each home stand if you will.
    Would cost an absolute fortune. I'd rather we spent that on the team.

  14. #253
    Coaching Staff HUTCHYHIBBY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    EDINBURGH
    Age
    50
    Posts
    18,106
    Quote Originally Posted by ahibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    In 2005 we played a friendly against Rot Weiss Essen. A bar was open behind the terracing and a few beers were enjoyed during the game was luvly jubly, thank you very much.
    One of my favourite away trips with Hibs.

  15. #254
    Coaching Staff Iain G's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    London
    Age
    44
    Posts
    10,610
    Quote Originally Posted by Since90+2 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Would cost an absolute fortune. I'd rather we spent that on the team.
    Why should it cost a fortune?

  16. #255
    @hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Thankerton, SL
    Age
    28
    Posts
    11,527
    Quote Originally Posted by Iain G View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Why should it cost a fortune?
    It doesn’t have to, and if the people behind the scheme had any sense it wouldn’t. If people are going to chose to spend their money at Easter road when there are pubs 10 minutes away the club would be bonkers to charge more than the local establishments.
    A great day out ruined by the football

  17. #256
    @hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Thankerton, SL
    Age
    28
    Posts
    11,527
    Quote Originally Posted by Max_Shah View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yes.

    It is literally every Scottish Government, NHS, Public Health, Edinburgh Joint Integration Board [with Hibs involvement] and Local Authority briefing report ever commissioned on the subject.

    But you want a drink with your bairns.

    Great.

    What could go wrong.
    You can drink on the streets in Edinburgh, and most pubs allow children. And most adults drink in front of their wee ones anyway. Have you ever hosted a child’s birthday party? It would be torture without vodka orange in a plastic cup.
    A great day out ruined by the football

  18. #257
    Coaching Staff Iain G's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    London
    Age
    44
    Posts
    10,610
    Quote Originally Posted by Jones28 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It doesn’t have to, and if the people behind the scheme had any sense it wouldn’t. If people are going to chose to spend their money at Easter road when there are pubs 10 minutes away the club would be bonkers to charge more than the local establishments.
    Pop up bar areas for serving can be easily and inexpensively set up. Offer something different, get Pilot or Campervan or Bellfield to make a Hibs exclusive pale ale or lager you can only get at the ground.

  19. #258
    Quote Originally Posted by Iain G View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Pop up bar areas for serving can be easily and inexpensively set up. Offer something different, get Pilot or Campervan or Bellfield to make a Hibs exclusive pale ale or lager you can only get at the ground.
    You can only get Pilot in January. It's Magic although some think it Tosh.
    Last edited by CMurdoch; 03-06-2021 at 10:02 PM.

  20. #259
    Having a drink at the football should be allowed and bars set up good source of income for the club. The issue is policing it. Bars can be opened before and after the game. What I do not want is people drinking at their seats and spraying everyone with their drink when a goal is scored.
    If fans behave and follow the rules it can add to the match day experience.
    Last edited by gbhibby; 03-06-2021 at 10:33 PM.

  21. #260
    @hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Thankerton, SL
    Age
    28
    Posts
    11,527
    Quote Originally Posted by Iain G View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Pop up bar areas for serving can be easily and inexpensively set up. Offer something different, get Pilot or Campervan or Bellfield to make a Hibs exclusive pale ale or lager you can only get at the ground.
    As long as there's Tennents on offer alongside that for the plebs like myself then thats exactly what we should be doing.

    Give local eateries a chance to showcase their products, coffee too. Good stuff, not half a spoon of that Kenco ***** that ends up like coffee flavoured water. I got a cup at the last game at ER against Hearts and I didn't think it possible to make a coffee as crap as that.
    A great day out ruined by the football

  22. #261
    First Team Breakthrough jingler1954's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    321
    Behind the goals is open before and after the games although it's very hard to get a drink as the staff aren't the quickest.

  23. #262
    Testimonial Due Chorley Hibee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Motherwell
    Age
    41
    Posts
    1,366
    I'd settle for fans in stadiums right now.

    That should be the number one priority.

  24. #263
    Quote Originally Posted by jingler1954 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Behind the goals is open before and after the games although it's very hard to get a drink as the staff aren't the quickest.
    I might be wrong but prior to the shutdown I don't think it had reopened post-match for quite a while.

    I seem to recall always reading that on the website although it's been so long since I've been at a game my mind may be playing tricks on me!

  25. #264
    Coaching Staff Since90+2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Leith
    Posts
    6,315
    Quote Originally Posted by Iain G View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Why should it cost a fortune?
    Because to build the infrastructure similar to Behind the Goals, as the poster suggested, rather than just some pop up bars would cost a lot of money.

    To have that level of construction in the East and West stands would require significant capital expenditure. In my opinion it's not the correct time.

  26. #265
    @hibs.net private member BonnieFitbaTeam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Stonehaven
    Age
    55
    Posts
    524
    Quote Originally Posted by Jones28 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    As long as there's Tennents on offer alongside that for the plebs like myself then thats exactly what we should be doing.

    Give local eateries a chance to showcase their products, coffee too. Good stuff, not half a spoon of that Kenco ***** that ends up like coffee flavoured water. I got a cup at the last game at ER against Hearts and I didn't think it possible to make a coffee as crap as that.

    Try ordering a coffee, not noticing they've given you Bovril by mistake and piling three sugars in before taking a swig.
    At Easter Road They Play.....

  27. #266
    Coaching Staff
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    7,821
    Won't happen anytime soon given they'd have to get passed statute law then convince the Edinburgh Board which I think redrafts its own policy in a couple of years. Sadly - and it's evidenced with what we witnessed in Glasgow recently - no Local Authority Board will ever give concession to football supporters drinking during games regardless of the fact that 99% would drink and act responsibly. Police would object without question, and the Board would not take any chances even if it was a 'pilot'. The risk of violence kicks the idea into touch.

    The appointment of Billy Lowe is a really good one, however I think that will be to cast a professional overview of using Easter Road more profitably from a hospitality point of view - as a weekly venue as well as on match days.

    Anyway, can only speak personally but I'd hate to drink during a game because I'd be covered in my own beer such is my 'animated posture' during the 90

  28. #267
    Hibs fans are not Rangers/Sevco fans i.e. the people well known for violent behaviour (and that's without drinking alcohol inside stadiums). The ban was only introduced because of violent Rangers and Celtic fans and there was never any need for a blanket ban (especially in winter, when they would keep you warm). You also wouldn't be covered in beer as you wouldn't be allowed to your seat with alcohol.

    I remember drinking a beer in the concourse at Wembley last time Scotland played England down there. There were lots of Scottish people there and no riots. The idea that football fans in general or Scottish people can't be trusted to drink alcohol at a game is bonkers.

  29. #268
    Coaching Staff
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    7,821
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Fezziwig View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Hibs fans are not Rangers/Sevco fans i.e. the people well known for violent behaviour (and that's without drinking alcohol inside stadiums). The ban was only introduced because of violent Rangers and Celtic fans and there was never any need for a blanket ban (especially in winter, when they would keep you warm). You also wouldn't be covered in beer as you wouldn't be allowed to your seat with alcohol.

    I remember drinking a beer in the concourse at Wembley last time Scotland played England down there. There were lots of Scottish people there and no riots. The idea that football fans in general or Scottish people can't be trusted to drink alcohol at a game is bonkers.
    That's true MF but the authorities look at things in isolation and football is rather unique up here compared to say rugby - pyro issues at games, pineapples thrown on the pitch, seats destroyed by The Rangers fans at ER, players and staff assaulted at ER and Tynie........all in the last 3 seasons..........as you say, the majority are responsible, the minority provide the evidence to the authorities to argue against alcohol in grounds and after games (sadly)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
hibs.net ©2020 All Rights Reserved
- Mobile Leaderboard (320x50) - Leaderboard (728x90)