hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
    @hibs.net private member .Sean.'s Avatar

Ron Gordon/ alcohol in stadiums

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.c...cement-3250087

See he’s on about getting bevvy re-introduced in stadiums up here again and is wanting Easter Road
    to pilot it.

Well at least sales will be through the roof on matchdays with any more ‘performances’ like that spineless garbage on Saturday!
    ''It's always been just part of the culture. Growing up, for most working-class kids, is all about football, music or clothes. You might not have much money, but whatever you have got, you're going to look good.'' - Paul Weller

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by .Sean. View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.c...cement-3250087.

Well at least sales will be through the roof on matchdays with any more ‘performances’ like that spineless garbage on Saturday!
    Thanks for reminding me, there wasn’t enough chat about that already.

Depends on how it is done.

If it's £6 for a shan lager in a plastic glass and it's not available at category A games I honestly doubt many people would bother.

It's not very often you see a thread being hijacked in the OP Alcohol in stadiums would work fine, like it does elsewhere, as long as Sevco fans aren't involved.

@hibs.net private member
    Just sell decent coffee instead of the current pissy water of an excuse on sale, thats enough to get me fired up for a game, alcohol I can give or take

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    It's only been 40 years since the alcohol fuelled riot that got the ban, maybe we can be trusted now?

FWIW the authorities will look at George Square/Hampden 2016/other small incidents that have happened over the last few years and use it to continue their justification of treating football supporters like children.

We were in hospitality for the 5-5 game, it was hot in the lounge after the game so the staff opened the doors and then G4S guys were put on them to stop people looking through the doors. Why? Alcohol was being served on the other side of the door.
    "...when Hibs won the Scottish Cup final and that celebration, Sunshine on Leith? I don’t think there’s a better football celebration ever in the game.”

Sir Alex Ferguson

@hibs.net private member The Modfather's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bridge hibs View Post
    Just sell decent coffee instead of the current pissy water of an excuse on sale, thats enough to get me fired up for a game, alcohol I can give or take
    Decent coffee, now that’s a winning idea. Doubt I’d be particularly interested in a beer at the game given the likely quality and price. I’d pay for quality coffee though.

Quote Originally Posted by SaulGoodman View Post
    Thanks for reminding me, there wasn’t enough chat about that already.
    Apologies, never knew you were an admin 👍🏼👍🏼👍🏼
    ''It's always been just part of the culture. Growing up, for most working-class kids, is all about football, music or clothes. You might not have much money, but whatever you have got, you're going to look good.'' - Paul Weller

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Fezziwig View Post
    It's not very often you see a thread being hijacked in the OP Alcohol in stadiums would work fine, like it does elsewhere, as long as Sevco fans aren't involved.
    I don't think he knows the Scottish culture very well, it would be an utter disaster. It's a big no from me.

Quote Originally Posted by Since90+2 View Post
    Depends on how it is done.

If it's £6 for a shan lager in a plastic glass and it's not available at category A games I honestly doubt many people would bother.
    Don't mock it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jsBwEVUiQR0

Quote Originally Posted by Crunchie View Post
    I don't think he knows the Scottish culture very well, it would be an utter disaster. It's a big no from me.
    It seems to work fine in England.

I would suggest there are far more clubs in England with the potential for the fans to kick off after a drink, the only exception in Scotland being Sevco, so I don't agree with that at all.

Nah not got a clue mate, it must however be really really different down in England though I presume. Silly me

@hibs.net private member
    Why do you think that ?? People just get melted beforehand if that’s their thing anyway ..why would some alcohol availability be a disaster ? It’s not as if they will be able to drink it while watching the game ...

I’m not really a drinker. But can’t imagine there is much risk in the proposal

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    Sounds like you don’t have a clue how it works in the real world then tk be honest.

20 minutes before kick off would you think it’s better for fans to be ordering one last pint of relatively low alcohol lager in a controlled environment or getting a round of shots or a double JD/vodka or whatever your short of choice is?

Would you rather people were able to get a pint of relatively low alcohol lager in the ground or bring a bottle of buck fast or half bottle of vodka in?

The arguments against pints being served in grounds are stupid and don’t stand up to any scrutiny whatsoever in the real world.

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    Having had beer at a few different football grounds in England & in France it's really not a priority for me.

@hibs.net private member JohnM1875's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: johnmac1875
    Just don't really think there's any real need for it. Plenty pubs around Easter Road for a pre and post match pint.

I wouldn't mind having a beer in a stadium and watching Hibs but imagine going on an away trip to places like Ibrox and 50,000 alcohol fuelled current buns going ballistic. Sevco fans and alcohol are a bad mix and it'll only take that lot to ruin it for everyone else with their animalistic carry on. I think in the main most clubs fans would be perfectly fine if it was reintroduced into Scottish stadiums with the exception of you know who.

Sent from my SM-A515F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Peevemor View Post
    Having had beer at a few different football grounds in England & in France it's really not a priority for me.
    I’m the same but don’t see any good reason why we can’t have the same set up as England with beer available in the concourse only pre match and at half time. It won’t happen any time soon though.
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

Quote Originally Posted by Cork Hibee View Post
    I wouldn't mind having a beer in a stadium and watching Hibs but imagine going on an away trip to places like Ibrox and 50,000 alcohol fuelled current buns going ballistic.
    Does that require any imagination?

Sent from my SM-A405FN using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member
    I wouldn't mind having a beer in a stadium and watching Hibs but imagine going on an away trip to places like Ibrox and 50,000 alcohol fuelled current buns going ballistic. Sevco fans and alcohol are a bad mix and it'll only take that lot to ruin it for everyone else with their animalistic carry on. I think in the main most clubs fans would be perfectly fine if it was reintroduced into Scottish stadiums with the exception of you know who.

Won’t most of them who want to drink loads of beers, just currently do it in a pub anyway ??

Quote Originally Posted by bigwheel View Post
    Won’t most of them who want to drink loads of beers, just currently do it in a pub anyway ??
    And can easily keep drinking more and more after the pub when inside the stadium. Football is an emotional game and when you add alcohol into the mix it can spill over.

Quote Originally Posted by bingo70 View Post
    Sounds like you don’t have a clue how it works in the real world then tk be honest.

20 minutes before kick off would you think it’s better for fans to be ordering one last pint of relatively low alcohol lager in a controlled environment or getting a round of shots or a double JD/vodka or whatever your short of choice is?

Would you rather people were able to get a pint of relatively low alcohol lager in the ground or bring a bottle of buck fast or half bottle of vodka in?

The arguments against pints being served in grounds are stupid and don’t stand up to any scrutiny whatsoever in the real world.
    Only my experience with Scots and alcohol in general, we're a breed apart when it comes to the demon drink.

@hibs.net private member

Ron Gordon/ alcohol in stadiums

And can easily keep drinking more and more after the pub when inside the stadium. Football is an emotional game and when you add alcohol into the mix it can spill over.

If they want to watch the game, I reckon they would get maximum 30 mins more drinking time in a stadium than they have in a local pub ......

If they are not watching the match , it would be easy for security to intervene .....

Also. You are taking about the exceptions ..why build plan around those ?

Only my experience with Scots and alcohol in general, we're a breed apart when it comes to the demon drink.
    English football fans have been involved in more fighting than us over the years have they not?

@hibs.net private member
    Still though ..they will have limited more time to drink at a game than they already do ..unless they don’t watch the match

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnM1875 View Post
    Just don't really think there's any real need for it. Plenty pubs around Easter Road for a pre and post match pint.
    To encourage people to spend that money in the ground, make an occasion of the pre match experience etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Since90+2 View Post
    English football fans have been involved in more fighting than us over the years have they not?
    With 10 times the population i'm sure they have, I'm talking about up here mate.

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy74 View Post
    To encourage people to spend that money in the ground, make an occasion of the pre match experience etc.
    Stop people bringing in glass bottles they then chuck at Huns when they’re finished with it.

And in other news Nicola Sturgeon has just spontaneously combusted.

With 10 times the population i'm sure they have, I'm talking about up here mate.
    Ok, let's try another way.

Who has been involved in more bother the Tartan Army or fans of the English national side? By your logic we are uniquely bad with alcohol in us so surely it would be the TA. When the reality is it's the exact opposite.