hibs.net Messageboard

@hibs.net private member St.Kristopher's Avatar

2 new season tickets

The week before the final I bought 2 new season tickets, for me my boy (6). We watched the final together I have never been so distraught. I have seen it all, yet seeing him so upset was a killer.

On reflection though. I think this has been the most successful season I have ever had as a fan. If we do get another cup win, he is gonna get it as much as I in '07.

I get the desire to be better and I want to demolish every team. But where did this arrogance come from? What is the basis?
    Last edited by St.Kristopher; 25-05-2021 at 10:30 AM.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by McVey View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The week before the final I bought 2 new season tickets, for me any boy (6). We watched the final together I have never been so distraught. I have seen it all, yet seeing him so upset was a killer.

In reflection though. I think this has been the most successful season I have ever had as a fan. If we do get another cup win, he is gonna get it as much as I in '07.

I get the desire to be better and I want to demolish every team. But where did this arrogance come from? What is the basis?
    Your last paragraph is what I’ve been trying to work out myself - particularly this season when there has been such a dramatic overall improvement.

The team deserved a lot of flak for both performances v St Johnstone - we were actually ok v Hearts and should have won, but it’s beyond belief that our own fans (some) are almost mocking 3rd place, 2 semis and a final. Have they been asleep the past 40 years?

Inconsequential
    Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shrekko View Post
    Your last paragraph is what I’ve been trying to work out myself - particularly this season when there has been such a dramatic overall improvement.

The team deserved a lot of flak for both performances v St Johnstone - we were actually ok v Hearts and should have won, but it’s beyond belief that our own fans (some) are almost mocking 3rd place, 2 semis and a final. Have they been asleep the past 40 years?
    Some so called supporters are behaving like Old Firm fans where they think the team has the divine right to win every match. The result on Saturday was very disappointing but at least Hibs are getting to semis/finals and the league table doesn't lie. Over 38 league games Hibs are the third best team in the country. It wasn't that long ago Hibs spent 3 years in the Championship. Progress is being made, keep the faith. GGTTH.

@hibs.net private member Hibernia&Alba's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by McVey View Post
    The week before the final I bought 2 new season tickets, for me any boy (6). We watched the final together I have never been so distraught. I have seen it all, yet seeing him so upset was a killer.

In reflection though. I think this has been the most successful season I have ever had as a fan. If we do get another cup win, he is gonna get it as much as I in '07.

Well, I have had a season ticket since 1989, when my did bought my first child's ticket, and we've since been in far, far worse trouble than this during those years. I will be honest, I just can't understand fans calling for a manager's head after such a season, and can only think they have short memories. Don't they remember the defeats at Alloa and Dumbarton not so long ago? Those were the days that made me go berserk, but we have made massive progress, all things considered. If any Hibs fan walks away after Saturday, having stayed around since 2013, they must be completely devoid of logic.
    HIBERNIAN FC - ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF HISTORY SINCE 1875

@hibs.net private member BSEJVT's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    There's a lot of hysteria around at present but people shouldn't be blind to the fact that for many the performance and application of the side was far far more annoying/concerning than the actual result.

These things wouldn't make me consider not renewing, I already have, but they are valid points and I find the blanket dismissal of those concerns in the rush to stamp out the over the top general dissent and to brand those making those comments in with the lunatic element a bit distasteful and condescending.

This isn't the correct thread to be making that statement and my reply isn't directed at the OP but this is one of the few threads that has not descended into carnage yet, so my apologies.

@hibs.net private member Viva_Palmeiras's Avatar
    The dude that posted about “hundreds” not renewing withdrew that - or rather reduced it to “many” but when I last checked failed to qualify what he meant. A quick search on Twitter yesterday didn’t come up with anything. So where’s this come from Facebook pile-ons?

Social media is a funny old best.

As Wullie (the Nostradamus of his time with a codpiece) once wrote:

Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player,That struts and frets his hour upon the stage,

And then is heard no more. It is a tale

Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,

Signifying nothing.”
    "We know the people who have invested so far are simple fans." Vladimir Romanov - Scotsman 10th December 2012
    "Romanov was like a breath of fresh air - laced with cyanide." Me.

Social media drives it. The expectancy to be winning like Celtic and Rangers and nothing else is acceptable. A manager out thread after one of the best seasons in our history. Bizzare.

@hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    Come on now, it’s not arrogant to be expecting a better performance from the management and players in such an important game.

@hibs.net private member Viva_Palmeiras's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Carheenlea View Post
    Come on now, it’s not arrogant to be expecting a better performance from the management and players in such an important game.
    I wrestled with that before posting but I think it’s the taking it to the point of not renewing piece that’s baffling the OP if I understood it (but that’s bravado/hearsay)
    "We know the people who have invested so far are simple fans." Vladimir Romanov - Scotsman 10th December 2012
    "Romanov was like a breath of fresh air - laced with cyanide." Me.