hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Liam fox

@hibs.net private member Stuart93's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Brightside View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Like almost every manager in history.
    But weren’t we meant to have a set up where if the head coach left there wouldn’t be a need for massive upheaval on the back of it?

2. Log in to remove the advert

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Brightside View Post
    Like almost every manager in history.
    Yeah, but sack him for it anyway!

Quote Originally Posted by Peevemor View Post
    Yeah, but sack him for it anyway!
    I’m not sure anyone’s said anything about sacking him? At all? I’ve actually said on a few threads now I don’t want JR sacked.

I didn’t think it would be long until you turned up. Very boring, you seem to be everywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Stuart93 View Post
    But weren’t we meant to have a set up where if the head coach left there wouldn’t be a need for massive upheaval on the back of it?
    Eh? We have been going along with a minimal team. He’s adding to it now. It’s totally normal and positive.

@hibs.net private member CapitalGreen's Avatar
    I don’t know anything about Fox but there does seem to be a pattern developing regarding JR and employing his pals
    Jesus wept

@hibs.net private member FitbaFolkKen's Avatar
    Maybe Jack has been allowed to expand the back room team now it looks like we will have fans back at the games next year? Wish him the best of luck and hope he helps push us a little further.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I’m not sure anyone’s said anything about sacking him? At all? I’ve actually said on a few threads now I don’t want JR sacked.

I didn’t think it would be long until you turned up. Very boring, you seem to be everywhere.
    If I'm everywhere then so are you.

Anyway, I couldn't help but react to more daft criticism.

It's nothing to do with defending Jack Ross or Hibs, but the moaning for moaning's sake is dragging this place right down.

If I'm everywhere then so are you.

Anyway, I couldn't help but react to more daft criticism.

It's nothing to do with defending Jack Ross or Hibs, but the moaning for moaning's sake is dragging this place right down.
    Cause you constantly chasing any person with a view that’s the opposite of your own is certainly bringing the place up right enough.

Come on here almost daily to see you arguing with at least one other poster.

I’ll leave it there though. Looking back on my initial post, it was a needless comment and probably as far from the truth as possible.
    Last edited by Stuart93; 24-05-2021 at 08:43 PM.

Cause you constantly chasing any person with a view that’s the opposite of your own is certainly bringing the place up right enough.

Come on here almost daily to see you arguing with at least one other poster.
    Sorry. Having a pop at a manager for adding someone he knows to his staff is laughable. If I see someone coming out with stuff like that I'll react.

You've spattered your negativity over the boards for the past couple of days.I think I'm entitled to post what I think too am I not?

@hibs.net private member
    Sorry. Having a pop at a manager for adding someone he knows to his staff is laughable. If I see someone coming out with stuff like that I'll react.

You've spattered your negativity over the boards for the past couple of days.I think I'm entitled to post what I think too am I not?

Oh the banter.

Everyone is entitled to say what they think.

Quote Originally Posted by Itsnoteasy View Post
    Oh the banter.

Everyone is entitled to say what they think.
    Myself included.

It's a difficult balancing act between upheaval and giving the manager the tools he asks for. Managers, in general, look for support from directors to provide them with the resources they ask for/need, if they don't get that then it's ammunition should things go wrong. If they do get that and things go wrong then they have to take it on the chin. I am sure we all know that so apologies if coming over as patronising, just wanted to document that point on here as think it's relevant.

Where's the news about the Liam Fox thing, I can't find it?
    Last edited by ahibby; 25-05-2021 at 11:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Viva_Palmeiras View Post
    Dated Natalie Ubruglia of Neighbours fame - must have been an extended momentary lapse of reason on her part there...
    Always a little torn when I hear that....but this is how I feel...

See Fox is now getting spoken about with Dundee Utd, isn’t he committed to us?

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by The dalmeny View Post
    See Fox is now getting spoken about with Dundee Utd, isn’t he committed to us?
    Any chance of elaborating or producing a link, theres a lot of irate hibs fans looking for something else to be very angry about 👍

Quote Originally Posted by Bridge hibs;[URL="tel:6588158"
    6588158[/URL]]Any chance of elaborating or producing a link, theres a lot of irate hibs fans looking for something else to be very angry about 👍
    😉 twitter/ forum chat at the moment. Still plenty opportunities to be angry for those that need

@hibs.net private member Lancs Harp's Avatar
    Wait till they hear about our new red white and blue home kit and Maroon away kit.

@hibs.net private member
    😉 twitter/ forum chat at the moment. Still plenty opportunities to be angry for those that need
    For those of us that dont do twitter, any chance you could give us a clue or copy onto here

Quote Originally Posted by Bridge hibs View Post
    For those of us that dont do twitter, any chance you could give us a clue or copy onto here
    Apparently Hibs tweeted that they'd be announcing some good news at 2.00pm and then announced some good news at 2.00pm.

Seems to have annoyed a few people.

Quote Originally Posted by Bridge hibs View Post
    Ex-Hearts first team coach Liam Fox is rumoured to be coming in as assistant manager at Tannadice. The 37-year-old spent 10 months as head coach of Cowdenbeath, but left the Blue Brazil languishing at the bottom of League 2 in March 2017 | #DUFC https://t.co/Nd8C4Q191Y

Ex-Hearts first team coach Liam Fox is rumoured to be coming in as assistant manager at Tannadice. The 37-year-old spent 10 months as head coach of Cowdenbeath, but left the Blue Brazil languishing at the bottom of League 2 in March 2017 | #DUFC https://t.co/Nd8C4Q191Y
    Do they even have a manager yet? Seems odd

@hibs.net private member
    Ah cheers, I thought he was supposed to be coming to hibs as part of the back room staff

Quote Originally Posted by Bridge hibs;[URL="tel:6588485"
    6588485[/URL]]Ah cheers, I thought he was supposed to be coming to hibs as part of the back room staff
    the chat seems to be if Courts is appointed Fox might be the no 2. I thought fox was a done deal for us too.

@hibs.net private member Heisenberg's Avatar
    Looks like he’s the new Dundee Utd assistant manager.

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/spo...box=1623062773

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post

Seems a very odd couple of appointments

@hibs.net private member superfurryhibby's Avatar
    Happy that Fox isn't coming. We've been there before with a dyed in the wool Jambo joining our coaching team and that didn't go too good. He can get tae Fox

It isn't really all that laughable, if you bring people in you know and they are not Hibs class then it's fine to have a pop. If a manager brings in Championship level brains or skills you end up with a Championship team. I'm not saying that's what's happening with JR just that it's a general rule. So far JR has done well even though he's brought in players from teams below Hibs in the league. I haven't heard good things about Liam Fox but have no idea whether he'd improve us or not. At the end of the day JR will be judged on how Hibs do/perform and so if Liam Fox improves us nothing should be said, otherwise the criticism of bringing in cronies will have weight.

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post

Happy he’s not coming - think we can do better and just goes to show he wasn’t bothered if he’s already taken another opportunity.

Quote Originally Posted by ahibby View Post
    It isn't really all that laughable, if you bring people in you know and they are not Hibs class then it's fine to have a pop. If a manager brings in Championship level brains or skills you end up with a Championship team. I'm not saying that's what's happening with JR just that it's a general rule. So far JR has done well even though he's brought in players from teams below Hibs in the league. I haven't heard good things about Liam Fox but have no idea whether he'd improve us or not. At the end of the day JR will be judged on how Hibs do/perform and so if Liam Fox improves us nothing should be said, otherwise the criticism of bringing in cronies will have weight.
    What managers doesn't bring in his "cronies"?

All managers do it so why have a poop at Jack Ross specifically? And given that we'll never know the day to day workings of who does exactly what, we'll never know what member of the coaching staff is good or bad.