hibs.net Messageboard

Coaching Staff

Jack......Ron.......Graeme.......Please sign creative midfielders

Next season will be on four fronts, with Aberdeen adding to their squad, a Hearts team that will be eager to impress back in the top flight, Celtic and The Rangers battling it out at the top, and the likes of Dundee United and St. Johnstone wanting to push on and challenge the top 6 places.

Please Jack, as good as 3rd place is, the football has not been inspiring and the Hampden showings have shown the side is lacking in a midfield that is balanced, energetic and above all, exciting.

You've built a decent side that plays 'safe' football, but you've not got a side that gets you out your seat.

Get some goals and pace added to that midfield.................please

2. Log in to remove the advert

Bearing in mind our sort of budget who are you suggesting we sign and instead of whom? Not meant as a criticism. Just curious.

We have one of the best in the league, I just don't think we predicted the life threatening heart condition.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Greenbeard View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Bearing in mind our sort of budget who are you suggesting we sign and instead of whom? Not meant as a criticism. Just curious.
    In my opinion, Scott won't play much football next season and I think we have sadly seen the best of him through no fault of his own. Mallan will go, and not sure I'd want Irvine permanent to be honest with you. Newell is a tidy 'sitter' but he slows the game down and plays deep, Gogic has impressed but is the physical player you need in there, and Magennis hasn't impressed me one little bit and does not strike me as a player who will create and score many.

I'd be looking at the loan market, perhaps teams down south with young players who will not make their top team next season but want experience and some game time. The international market will be difficult, but there will be players who would want a bigger league to play in, especially with the chance of a few European games.

The link up with Brighton is interesting, perhaps explore their U23s............I just want a couple of players who have pace, play with their head up and get forward quickly.

Not sure he'll get a lot of game time with them, but young Dembele at Celtic excites me when I see him, albeit he plays wide. MacKay one side, him the other........that would get me very positive about the new season.

.... Who also enjoy the fight!!!

We need some warriors in midfield

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve88 View Post
    .... Who also enjoy the fight!!!

We need some warriors in midfield
    I'm wondering if that's the kind of player Magennis is Steve - really not sure what he is good at as he's not had a lot of games. Gogic has been a good signing, but if he picks up injuries and suspensions, I agree, the midfield needs someone to step in.

Josh Taylor showed everything the players didn’t on Saturday and also the sacrifices it takes to be the best they possibly can. He’d probably do a better job at centre mid at the moment too.

An obvious one is too bring back David Witherspoon .

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibiza View Post
    An obvious one is too bring back David Witherspoon .
    In the unlikely event of Hibs looking at that, it’s a non-starter, I think. He is totally in his element at St Johnstone, his boyhood team.