hibs.net Messageboard

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Quote Originally Posted by heretoday View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Mallan should stay.
    In Turkey?

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member worcesterhibby's Avatar
    We need to find a system that gets the best out of both Allan and Mallan. I’d play them as the medium sized baubles in a Christmas Tree formation with Squirrel as the flashy star thing your wife’s mother bought, Gogic as the miniature cracker, Mcgennis as the pine cone decorated with glitter glue that your daughter did at primary and Doidge as the star on the top that never sits straight.

Quote Originally Posted by worcesterhibby View Post
    We need to find a system that gets the best out of both Allan and Mallan. I’d play them as the medium sized baubles in a Christmas Tree formation with Squirrel as the flashy star thing your wife’s mother bought, Gogic as the miniature cracker, Mcgennis as the pine cone decorated with glitter glue that your daughter did at primary and Doidge as the star on the top that never sits straight.
    There's about as much chance of us actually using the pair of them as Christmas tree decorations as there is of us finding a formation that accommodates both players at the same time.

I'm always keen to see Hibs try to accommodate a maverick type somewhere in the team (and in my opinion the player most likely to be accommodated is Scott Allan) but even the greatest romantic would have to accept that any team containing that pair would struggle defensively.

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    I'd imagine that, in your scenario, the bench would be some sort of nativity scene laid out to one side of the tree. I have a good idea of who'd be the donkey (we'll see if he finally comes onto his game this season). The virgin would probably be Lewis as he's such a nice chap so won't get involved in any mucky ninkynankynoo stuff - I know he has kids but hey - Leigh Griffiths! Then there's Ron & JR, but I'm struggling for a third wise man...

They might not be your first picks but Mallan and Allan would be decent additions to most SPL squads, they potentially give you something different from not tracking back and tackling which is creating chances and scoring goals, yes Gogic and the likes of Newell may affect the game more but their combined goals and assists for a season could probably be counted on one hand.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Sheggs84
    With another centre mid coming in today think one or both will be offski

Quote Originally Posted by Clarence View Post
    In Turkey?
    Def

@hibs.net private member ian cruise's Avatar
    Not on the pitch at the same time but I think we need a formation that allows Allan or Mallan to sit up to oof the midfield and create. I'd rotate the two to allow them to remain fresh. We could have done with Mallan second half of last season to add a bit of creativity whole Gogic, Newell⁩, Irvine were doing the running about.